Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2014, 10:39 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,071,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
step dad, came in to his family when he was 5 yrs old iirc

why he loves him so much, he probably really been a good dad, that why he care about him so much

guys arent usually that close like that
And if Cutter would have been able to get past his pettiness with Leslie, he would have realized the 2 of them have so much in common. Leslie is a step-dad that has been in his step-children's lives for a long time and they all look at him like a father as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2014, 10:43 AM

18,432 posts, read 34,223,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
And if Cutter would have been able to get past his pettiness with Leslie, he would have realized the 2 of them have so much in common. Leslie is a step-dad that has been in his step-children's lives for a long time and they all look at him like a father as well.
I don't know. From the small bit they showed of him, I would be willing to bet the only thing they have in common is that they both have step children.

Old 09-10-2014, 11:59 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,843,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Ok.. So I'm 10 minutes into watching this.. The thought crossed my mind a few weeks back.. But now I just have to mention it.. See if I'm the only one thinking this..

Anyone else think that Courtney's "brother" isn't really her brother?

Wouldn't the ages match right up where he'd be her kid if she got pregnant at about 17? She's a dancer...

I really think it's quite possible the kid is her son, being raised by her parents as her brother.

How many of you were thinking that also.. And how many are now? lol..
Yeah it was strange. She said, 'I missed his first steps, his first something else...' siblings don't think that way, parents do. The kid seemed a little off around her, like he didn't know her (like her) at all. Just weird. Like a long abandoned kid.

And Cutter out performed Leslie hands down. Leslie's dishes looked terrible. He only got one that looked remotely close and it had no seasoning. Neither of those guys should have gotten this far but that was fairly bad to pick Leslie.

None of these folks are good for selling cookbooks. Elisabeth is the closest to a functional personality but she's so stern looking all the time. Always frowny faced. =/ The others, meh. Need to bring back Big Willy or Scottish Francis!

Old 09-10-2014, 12:36 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,458,258 times
Did they do the return of the eliminated contestant? I've been looking forward it, but now that we're down to the final 3, I think they're going to skip it this year. Bummer! That was my favorite episode, because I could root for my eliminated favorite again.

Old 09-10-2014, 12:50 PM

18,432 posts, read 34,223,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by senalj View Post
Did they do the return of the eliminated contestant? I've been looking forward it, but now that we're down to the final 3, I think they're going to skip it this year. Bummer! That was my favorite episode, because I could root for my eliminated favorite again.
No they didn't and I guess they aren't.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:14 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,458,258 times
Thanks, Pikantari. I was looking forward to that, because I was hoping Daniel, Willie or Ahran would come back. The episode would have aired earlier, thus preventing Christian from competing.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:45 PM

3,457 posts, read 4,635,658 times
I am telling you, watch the pattern here for Leslie's departure next week. Typically when they do the bad guy, that person is eliminated close to the end no matter how badly they cook. Krissi was eliminated 4th to last in 2013 and Christian from Season 2 was eliminated 3rd to last.

Since they are always telling us that this is the BIGGEST COOKING COMPETITION IN THE WORLD or as Joe likes to say "this is a serious cooking competition", I wish they would actually let the best cooks through and not keep the drama around. It seems as if no one on the show and very few viewers like him and his petty abrasive style. But GR is a w***e and will never miss a good opportunity.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:48 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,801,647 times
It looked like they were going to cut leslie last night and then gordon intervened and they huddled then booted christian.

I think it will be Liz and Court final 2.

Old 09-10-2014, 05:23 PM

884 posts, read 1,060,074 times
I really think Christian was a better cook than Cutter (although I do like Cutter....he just failed too many times at dishes this season). I think Christian should have stayed on longer than Cutter.

But now that that's the past, I can not stand the fact that Courtney is still there. Nothing personal, I just don't like Courtney's arrogance, passive-aggression, and her sense of entitlement even if she screws up, she thinks her "costumes" (as someone else mentioned already) will save her. Sick her clanky heels, can she ever come down to earth? Hope she gets eliminated quickly.

Old 09-11-2014, 02:51 AM

6,212 posts, read 9,152,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
when i watch some of these reality shows and "family" drops in i always think that at least some of the "family" are rentals

something seemed extremely fake/strange to me about elizabeths husband

i dont know he just seemed like a rental to me

i figure sometimes they cant get a person to come for some reason and they have like a fill-in spouse or something

they should have hired a boyfriend and girlfriend for Courtney and Cutter so it would be more uniform

hell, they should probably hookup...

i notice women rag on Courney alot, talking about her voice or whatever or just flat out call her ugly... i suspect maybe people always have talked about her and maybe she is self concious, hence her "nice" demeanor and her wardrobe. when i see her i think of her dresses as "costumes"

___

watching sometimes, i cant believe the amount of bickering that these "grownups" were doing, i thought cutter did ok by just laughing off leslies remarks

shht was embarassing

elisabeth cant be accused of having a poker face, anytimes shes upset or something you can tell exactly what shes thinking everything is written all over her face.. she tightens up and folds her arms, its hilarious to me

anyways, i'm willing to bet that the f2 will be leslie/elisabeth... the old man is gonna win... he has this confidence and arrogance about him

he cracked me up when Grahem asked him what he thought of Cutter's chicken dish and Leslie smugly said "it looks dry" hehe that cracked me funk up
Maybe, maybe not. I recall Krissi's son not being there in person last season...

Last edited by tcave360; 09-11-2014 at 03:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV