Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2014, 01:45 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,571,496 times

Advertisements

I was surprised by Exile Island. Two people, so one isn't so isolated like Matt was that one season when he spent the entire season on Exile (or was it Redemption) then weeks later, finally gets back into his tribe and is immediately voted off. I wonder if they're doing it as a team bonding thing so one person isn't rejected by their tribe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2014, 05:54 AM

2,404 posts, read 4,401,994 times
John Rocker is one big dude. I would hate to go against him in a contact challenge, he could really hurt someone. Also, I don't think Survivor is going to help him escape his past, it is going to renew it.

Old 09-25-2014, 07:49 AM

5,515 posts, read 7,106,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
John Rocker is one big dude. I would hate to go against him in a contact challenge, he could really hurt someone. Also, I don't think Survivor is going to help him escape his past, it is going to renew it.
I'm not sure about that, he may very well redeem himself. He seems like a team player and not arrogant at all. But who knows, maybe after a few days of sleeping in the dirt and eating worms may bring out his bad side.
Will be interesting to see how he relates to the gay guys. He may become allies with them....

His girlfriend looks like she could be trouble though...

Old 09-25-2014, 07:56 AM

986 posts, read 1,666,127 times
I'm really glad they didn't vote out the older guy and went for Nadiyah instead. I'm also interested to see how John Rocker is going to play out...I remember back when he made all those lovely (sarcasm intended) comments that got him into so much trouble.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:02 AM

7,367 posts, read 5,480,532 times
Good first episode last night. I'm glad the twinnie got voted off. Maybe she shouldn't have kept saying she had been on the Amazing Race. She also talked too much and was annoying too. And to keep referring to Josh as a girl because he was gay was not PC.
I was surprised Josh voted for Baylor. I thought they were friends.
I think there will be a lot of crying this season. This is why I wasn't crazy about it being blood vs. water again.

Old 09-25-2014, 09:02 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,531,023 times
A decent start. I'd hoped this run at Blood vs Water would be good.

Interesting to see how Rocker does with the gay guys, if he lasts that long. Or them, one of them has what, pink eye? Don't need that around.

Old 09-25-2014, 09:12 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,292,503 times
Glad they got rid of the twinnie.

Josh, being in a position where a lot of people considered him the swing vote, probably voted for Baylor so he could say he didn't vote with the guys OR the girls. Pretty smart move, if that was his thinking.

Old 09-25-2014, 09:20 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,859,987 times
My DVR somehow forgot to record it and I just happened to peek after 30minutes and saw I didn't have the show recorded. =/ So missed the start but got the rest. Looks good so far. Nadiya embarrassed herself with Josh. It's not cool treating a gay guy like a queen just - because. Some might roll that way but most gay guys do not and it's an insult. It's too bad he had keep quiet or risk his game. But that got taken care of. I agree he voted that way to look good but I think it'll backfire eventually. Too wishy washy.

So far no one strikes me as an idiot. haha Glad Parvati is gone. I seriously cannot take her voice. Maybe now I can finally watch those after show.

Old 09-25-2014, 09:24 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,236,146 times
Twinie Nadiyah DID talk too much. That was annoying. Glad to see her gone.

Something else I noticed as they divided into the two teams...When the two groups were standing in their designated teams, the Blue Team players all seemed to be wearing clothing in cool colors like blue and aqua hues whereas the Yellow Team players seemed to be wearing the reds, oranges, yellow hot colors. Coincidence...maybe.

Old 09-25-2014, 10:33 AM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelly View Post
Twinie Nadiyah DID talk too much. That was annoying. Glad to see her gone.
You can throw the racist tag out at me on this one if you want.. But listening to either of them is painful and listening to both of them together is like a nightmare call to tech support.

I am also glad that the old guy stuck around. I pull for the older guys.. Probably an underdog type thing, but.. Bob winning was great.. Used to be that the old guys would almost get voted out, but would go a long way.. Now it seems they get whacked early.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV