Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2014, 02:25 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
Very true...and wouldn't you like to see THOSE outtakes???? I vote for a Bloopers and Outtakes of our favorite "reality" shows...Survivor, TAR, Big Bro...oh my, that would be so funny!

I would love to see those!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2014, 03:13 PM

2,404 posts, read 4,402,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longnecker View Post
I imagine that would severely limit the pool of people trying out for the show,
I would like to see where the first people voted out stay! They might be the smartest ones out of all of them. Yes Jeff, I will take a month long paid vacation, thank you!

Old 05-27-2014, 03:16 PM

2,404 posts, read 4,402,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
Again, it's not scripted. They are pre-screened to make sure the questions or speeches from the jury are done in an order to build as much drama and tension as possible. Same reason the votes at all tribal councils are read in a specific order. There's nothing scripted. They aren't told what to say. It's pretty well-known I thought that jury questions are pre-screened.
Next thing you know, you'll be telling us that the chefs on Hell's Kitchen are pre-screened to build drama and tension! Could it be that they are not just chosen because they are the best chefs available? Say it ain't so!

Old 05-27-2014, 04:37 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
I would like to see where the first people voted out stay! They might be the smartest ones out of all of them. Yes Jeff, I will take a month long paid vacation, thank you!
Pre-jury voted off are used to make structures, test challenges, prepare meals for crews, Dimples has said it isn't a vacation but they don't get as nice of accommodations as Ponderosa.

Old 05-27-2014, 06:29 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Pre-jury voted off are used to make structures, test challenges, prepare meals for crews, Dimples has said it isn't a vacation but they don't get as nice of accommodations as Ponderosa.

Really? I wouldn't agree to do any of that
My friend's niece was on one season and voted off pre-jury and she didn't do any of those things, so I dunno

Old 05-27-2014, 07:49 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
Really? I wouldn't agree to do any of that
My friend's niece was on one season and voted off pre-jury and she didn't do any of those things, so I dunno
I don't have time right now to find it but we all talked about this in another Survivor thread they are away from the game area. I think they are given a choice if they want to be active in behind the scenes.

Old 05-27-2014, 09:47 PM

44,631 posts, read 61,620,191 times
Maybe this will help answer questions about pre-jury sequence:
Post-elimination - Survivor Wiki

Old 05-28-2014, 12:33 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,573,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
I reckon I just have never read that before about the pre-screening but I don't go on a lot of Survivor or entertainment pages. Maybe I should get out a little more from my comfort areas on the net.
I guess I'm living in a cave. I had NO idea anything was pre-screened or otherwise known ahead of time. I knew about the votes~~that's pretty obvious, but I guess I thought it was more free flow like regualr Tribal Councils...

Old 05-28-2014, 06:52 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,268,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Maybe this will help answer questions about pre-jury sequence:
Post-elimination - Survivor Wiki
Very cool. Thanks! Linked as a reference on that site is this article with a TON of background information. Granted this is from way back in the Gabon season but I doubt much of the behind the scenes stuff has changed. A lot of it I already knew but I had no idea that each castaway is checked by medical before and after every challenge. I also had no idea that they aren't allowed to talk to each other when transporting between camp and a challenge or tribal council, though it make sense. Why else do we see them suddenly congratulating the challenge winner when they get back to camp? Or seemingly waiting until back at camp to discuss what happened at tribal.

The secrets of 'Survivor' revealed - today > entertainment - Reality TV - TODAY.com

Old 05-28-2014, 07:40 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,189,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I guess I'm living in a cave. I had NO idea anything was pre-screened or otherwise known ahead of time. I knew about the votes~~that's pretty obvious, but I guess I thought it was more free flow like regualr Tribal Councils...
It would be nice to believe any of these shows are TRUE reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV