Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2014, 12:21 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,893,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Pfft she is full of herself "pre-injury I could have won" she really thinks she was this huge game player??? She is going to stick with "playing my people" as her game strategy apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJcM4g6JSqQ
Gawd, she is SO full of herself, is she not? Very delusional woman.

One more thing on her, when her a Jeff were talking about what Reed said about her, and she was like " yeah I can take it, if you hit me, I'll tell you to hit me again " I was just thinking, "yeah, we know, you've been married 3x's" lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2014, 06:33 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,263,045 times
Quote:
[color="Blue"]P.S. I still think Sue Hawk's tongue lashing at Richard Hatch season 1 was worse than Reed's towards Missy. Although Reed said his more precise and more elegantly where one might think it wouldn't be to bad being chewed out by him.
Sue Hawk's lashing was against Kelly Wigglesworth for voting her out after promising not to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Also, I'd never heard it before last night, but where does this word "twinnies" come from?

That's almost annoying as "selfie" and "baby daddy"
Nadya and Natalie called each other Twinnie on Amazing Race.

Old 12-19-2014, 10:12 AM

5,882 posts, read 6,950,861 times
My DVR screwed up and only recorded the Reunion show. Since I know who won, I don't want to sit through two hours of On Demand. Can someone summarize or point to a web site, with a brief review of the challenges, votes, etc that led to the final three? Thanks.

Old 12-19-2014, 10:32 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,791,113 times
Quote:
Also, I'd never heard it before last night, but where does this word "twinnies" come from?

That's almost annoying as "selfie" and "baby daddy"
OMG--all they did on Amazing Race was constantly YELL, "COME ON TWINNIE!!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN DO IT TWINNIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE".............gaw d--- I hated them.

Old 12-19-2014, 10:38 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,187,704 times
Quote:
Keith voted for Nat I'm not surprised with the way he talked all season but he did leave that cloud of doubt with what he said to her at final TC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJZGIZjlj3E
Thanks for that clip. Interesting that he would come back. Let's hope the producers heard that!!

Old 12-19-2014, 12:05 PM

810 posts, read 1,025,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
My DVR screwed up and only recorded the Reunion show. Since I know who won, I don't want to sit through two hours of On Demand. Can someone summarize or point to a web site, with a brief review of the challenges, votes, etc that led to the final three? Thanks.
Just check the survivor youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/SurvivorOnCBS/videos

To summarize the 2 hours:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HiQfAdAMhg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtjuU6F5e6k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOvk8kVFQoU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_2_1CZyRTE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMp-BuF5SC4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5Ic7tZkkq8

Old 12-19-2014, 05:10 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Natalie was slow to catch on how to play the game, but once she got it, she became very good at it. The tribal counci where she warned John to play his hidden idol was her first game-changing move, and from that point on, I thought she was going to win if she could survive.
Interestingly, I think Nat made some of those big moves from instinct more than rational thought. She has a keen sense of survival, and her reflexes were always right on the mark. When she actually thought about things, Nat didn't do as well.

Missi was born on 3rd base and thought she hit a triple. Reed's thoughts about her were right on the money. The only reason she got so far was because she was the only one of the couples who actually played the game at all. I kept expecting another couple to emerge from their fog and vote her or her daughter out, but they were all too oblivious to the fact they would all be broken up in the end game.

If there was anybody who wuz robbed, it was Keith. Everything was a straight uphill slog for him from the first, and his capacity for endurance and high concentration when the chips were down were remarkable, time after time. He was always the most disposable one to every player but himself, and if he had only learned how to present himself better and play the game better, I think he could have been the winner.
Those southern boys seem to be selected for their redneck qualities far too often, and Keith had them for sure, but if anything, I think he was too kind and too considerate to of all his competitors. That proved to be both an advantage and hindrance to him in the end. I think he's rather shy, and didn't want to force himself on others, which hurt him all the way through.

Of them all, I would like to watch Keith again in a later series. He was a remarkable guy in the physical challenges, and hopefully, he learned what it will take to win the second time around.

All in all, what I saw this season was a confederacy of dunces who were all good looking and very vacant upstairs. If Nat's sister hadn't been eliminated so quickly, I sought she would have ever snapped into the player she became in the last half.

Survivor is a real survivor. The reality TV fad has petered out a long time ago, but Survivor, with it's hunger, physical extremities, and it's stresses, remains fascinating for me. Jeff Probst had done his best to screw his baby up for years, but the way the game's setup works on the minds of it's players seems to be bulletproof. The players always become unpredictable no matter what they go through, and they always become changed by the game if they survive long enough.

Probst has learned, though. We don't have to watch players vomiting up bugs anymore, or drinking cow's blood, and there are more challenges that require stamina and fast-learned skill over strength, which is more fun to watch. I also think the players get shaken up more in camp than earlier, and Probst has become very adept at breaking things up when events start becoming too predictable. The editing is also much tighter, and there is much less fluff in the final episodes now. No more of that ghastly reminiscing of dearly departed players and burning down the huts, thank God.

Last edited by banjomike; 12-19-2014 at 05:28 PM..

Old 12-19-2014, 08:23 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,442,276 times
Reed's speech was the best since Sue Hawk's "dying of thirst in the desert" speech to Kelly Wigglesworth and so on the money.

I felt bad for Keith but he finally just lost his strength. At age 51 he just did an amazing job. He could have redeemed himself with the puzzle making but he was just no good at it. He said as they were heading back to camp that he would never in a million years been able to figure it out. Puzzles were just not his thing. He was a good player but Natalie was the queen of strategy. So many things could have gone wrong for her but didn't.

Miss and Jacquelyn did not deserve to be in the final three as much as Nat and I think that's what the jury felt too. That's what Nat was counting on. Keith did. Great game, Natalie. Without her, this season would have been really dull.

Next season sounds promising. I like the white collar, blue collar, no collar idea. Just please, please, please no more blood vs water.

Old 12-19-2014, 08:35 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,184,960 times
Quote:
Jeff don't let the quitters talk at the reunion show.....

Personally, I don't think they should even be invited to appear.

They get picked to do something that hundreds of thousands of other people wanted to do and they just quit? That's just bogus, man.
I agree they shouldn't even be allowed to appear but remember we've had a couple end up on the jury that have quit. That really upset me they didn't deserve that spot at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCDave View Post
Sue Hawk's lashing was against Kelly Wigglesworth for voting her out after promising not to.

Nadya and Natalie called each other Twinnie on Amazing Race.
True but she started off addressing the snake (Richard) reckon that is where I got confused for a moment great correction.

Old 12-19-2014, 11:05 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,263,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Natalie was slow to catch on how to play the game, but once she got it, she became very good at it.
She didn't have to play hard early because her tribe was winning challenges. I think she had a plan with Jeremy, but Jeremy was perceived as the threat and became the target. When he was voted out she was on her own and was able to shine.

I was puzzled why Reed voted for Jaclyn but have heard speculation that he did so to make sure Missy finished #3.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV