Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2015, 08:58 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,963,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
Dragons and more dragons.

W. Walkers fighting Wildings.

Boltons fighting Stannis.

Cersi fighting Margery.

And a little touch of some things we don't expect.....................
I think you are in for a surprise, and not a good one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 09:00 AM

7,366 posts, read 12,616,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
What action are you expecting to see?
Maybe this one!

Posted by Tweeter Jon Snow:
https://twitter.com/LordSnow/status/...009984/photo/1

Old 05-12-2015, 09:06 AM

28,883 posts, read 30,181,434 times
I have a question.....
I'm not following Game of Thrones to closely any longer...
what were those things that attacked them in the boat....and why did they ask each other if either one of them were touched, and then the one guy rolled up his sleeve and there was a pattern inscribed on his lower arm?

Old 05-12-2015, 09:14 AM

4,715 posts, read 5,940,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I have a question.....
I'm not following Game of Thrones to closely any longer...
what were those things that attacked them in the boat....and why did they ask each other if either one of them were touched, and then the one guy rolled up his sleeve and there was a pattern inscribed on his lower arm?
They are the Stone Men from A Dance with Dragons (the book). Basically, if you get a disease called Greyscale (somewhat like leprosy), you're usually exiled to the place seen on the TV show to live out your short, miserable life in the equivalent of a leper colony.

Only difference is that greyscale kind of drives you mad as well. The pattern on Ser Jorah's arm is the beginnings of the greyscale infection.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:30 AM

28,883 posts, read 30,181,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
They are the Stone Men from A Dance with Dragons (the book). Basically, if you get a disease called Greyscale (somewhat like leprosy), you're usually exiled to the place seen on the TV show to live out your short, miserable life in the equivalent of a leper colony.

Only difference is that greyscale kind of drives you mad as well. The pattern on Ser Jorah's arm is the beginnings of the greyscale infection.

many thanks

Old 05-12-2015, 11:44 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,716,664 times
Quote:
I think you are in for a surprise, and not a good one.
That sounds ominous. Care to elaborate with a spoiler ?

Old 05-12-2015, 11:47 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,982,681 times
Where the HELL is Hodor and Bran?!!

Can this season start already? It's like all of Season 5 so far is just a meandering of characters. Tyrion is still looking for a damn drink and change of clothes. Wth?!

Old 05-12-2015, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
That sounds ominous. Care to elaborate with a spoiler ?

Spoiler
Within books 4 and 5, there isn't much action at all. All of the main characters are scattered into the wind (as we are starting to see) and it is a whole lot of nothing that goes on. The only possible action coming up would have been a battle between Stannis and the Boltons but they get stuck in a huge snowstorm. I think those that have read the books knew this season wasn't going to be action packed like the others. I also think this is why they are straying from the books on certain story arcs. To hopefully keep us book readers interested, I guess.

Old 05-12-2015, 12:47 PM

6,129 posts, read 7,964,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBeingAMommy View Post
Where the HELL is Hodor and Bran?!!

Can this season start already? It's like all of Season 5 so far is just a meandering of characters. Tyrion is still looking for a damn drink and change of clothes. Wth?!
Quote:
Spoiler
Within books 4 and 5, there isn't much action at all. All of the main characters are scattered into the wind (as we are starting to see) and it is a whole lot of nothing that goes on. The only possible action coming up would have been a battle between Stannis and the Boltons but they get stuck in a huge snowstorm. I think those that have read the books knew this season wasn't going to be action packed like the others. I also think this is why they are straying from the books on certain story arcs. To hopefully keep us book readers interested, I guess.
I agree with both of these posts. We're halfway through the season and I'm waiting for something to happen besides Janos Slynt losing his head. Maybe it's because I read all five freaking books between the end of season 4 and the start of season 5, but so far I'm not thrilled with either the lack of story-progressing action nor the way they've diverged from the books. I'm not a book purist, I just don't like the changes so far.

Jon's going north to bring in the Wildlings???
Sansa is marrying Ramsay (as opposed to the phony Arya)??? Well, maybe something interesting will happen there.
Jaime is going to Dorn? Huh?
And the worst one...killing off Ser Barristan. Major fail.
Jorah has greyscale??
At least we've been spared the whole Damphair/Ironborn stuff. So far.

Old 05-12-2015, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
I agree with both of these posts. We're halfway through the season and I'm waiting for something to happen besides Janos Slynt losing his head. Maybe it's because I read all five freaking books between the end of season 4 and the start of season 5, but so far I'm not thrilled with either the lack of story-progressing action nor the way they've diverged from the books. I'm not a book purist, I just don't like the changes so far.

Jon's going north to bring in the Wildlings???
Sansa is marrying Ramsay (as opposed to the phony Arya)??? Well, maybe something interesting will happen there.
Jaime is going to Dorn? Huh?
And the worst one...killing off Ser Barristan. Major fail.
Jorah has greyscale??
At least we've been spared the whole Damphair/Ironborn stuff. So far.
And the part I was really looking forward to was
Spoiler
Tyrion being in the circus and becoming a slave with Jorah. I wish they would have cast Penny and her pigs. I think it showed a side of Tyrion that we normally don't see. He learned compassion and patience for those less fortunate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV