Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 10:43 AM

1,492 posts, read 1,618,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Tea Leoni is definitely a good actress... But for some reason almost everything she is involved with fails. I expect this to never get any traction and die early.
I think Tea Leoni did a nice job in the pilot. She handles the dramatic scenes pretty well, especially the family scenes. I am not sure yet if I buy her as an expert in foreign policy / ex-CIA type. However, I am willing to give it a chance.

I do think that the writing on the show is suffering in comparison to the excellent writing on the West Wing, which the show is being compared to. While that may not be fair, it is a problem for the show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2014, 10:57 AM

1,842 posts, read 1,766,723 times
I'm on the east coast so football will definitely screw with the start time. Because of that I'm not going to bother DVRing it. I'll just download it the next day and watch it on my computer before I hit the highway. Commercial free

Old 09-22-2014, 11:03 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,014,802 times
The dreaded Sunday night following football time slot.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:40 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTarge13 View Post
I think Tea Leoni did a nice job in the pilot. She handles the dramatic scenes pretty well, especially the family scenes. I am not sure yet if I buy her as an expert in foreign policy / ex-CIA type. However, I am willing to give it a chance.

I do think that the writing on the show is suffering in comparison to the excellent writing on the West Wing, which the show is being compared to. While that may not be fair, it is a problem for the show.
I'm thinking I'll give it more than one 45 min episode before I decide if it deserves more airing but so far so good.

BTW, how is a former ex CIA type expert supposed come across on a TV program?

Old 09-22-2014, 12:50 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,766,723 times
PDD

I think this show is giving us one writing team's opinion. An agency analyst turned history professor and now Secretary of State. Even the president is a former company man.

Old 09-22-2014, 01:16 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,435,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
And they're showing it twice at 8 and at 10.
(Glad, since I have something else that starts at 8, LOL)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMNan View Post
Well they screwed the scheduling up bigtime in our area, so I completely missed it.
DishNetwork
On my Dish, it was supposed to start at 10.
CBS showed a rerun of CSI.
Rats.

Old 09-22-2014, 01:33 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,894,540 times
I'm not going to watch unless I catch it later in the week on cbs.com. I can't deal with the football thing. I wish they hadn't moved The Good Wife to Sunday. I wouldn't have gotten hooked if had started on Sunday. Football killed Cold Case for me, and I thought that's it, never again. But I love Julianna Margulies.

I wish CBS would put its worst shows on Sunday (NCIS, CSI) instead of its best shows.

Old 09-22-2014, 01:38 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
It was okay. Predictable that George would die. I'm not going to fight with football and the DVR, I am just not going to get involved with Madame Secretary. I'll be watching another channel, any channel to stay away from Sunday night at CBS.

Old 09-22-2014, 02:10 PM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times
I watched the show on the CBS website which was kind annoyed as the stream kept getting stuck. But the show was good enough that I think I will try another episode.

Old 09-22-2014, 03:40 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
I'm not going to watch unless I catch it later in the week on cbs.com. I can't deal with the football thing. I wish they hadn't moved The Good Wife to Sunday. I wouldn't have gotten hooked if had started on Sunday. Football killed Cold Case for me, and I thought that's it, never again. But I love Julianna Margulies.

I wish CBS would put its worst shows on Sunday (NCIS, CSI) instead of its best shows.
Ah yes, Cold Case, another show I would have watched if it wasn't on Sunday night. Now I catch it on cable.

If CBS and NBC don't want to lose viewers because of their unpredictable scheduling on Sunday nights, they should run the shows again at 12, 1, 2, 3 ,4 AM like the cable stations do.....ON TIME....so people can watch or DVR them.

I catch a lot of cable station shows this way when I normally wouldn't watch them at all because of scheduling conflicts.

ABC is the only network programming I watch on Sunday nights, since CBS and NBC starting times are a crap shoot because of football.

I want hassle free TV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV