Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 12:55 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,634,216 times

Advertisements

ooooops, Barry effed up...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2014, 07:15 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,046,324 times
It does look like it.

Old 08-27-2014, 08:05 AM

37,800 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Great season finale!

It just goes to show you, doctors have no business attempting coups. Too many people were in on it.

Now if they could only either execute Bassam's kids and the sister-in-law or keep them in the embassy forever, it would make my day. I don't understand why they are the way they are if they were raised by that father. He doesn't even blink when they act all spoiled and full of themselves.

Next season, I'd like to see the mother's role expanded but I'm not sure how middle east tyrants typically treat their mothers so if they are trivialized in the home, maybe her small role is right.

Old 08-28-2014, 12:16 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Great season finale!

It just goes to show you, doctors have no business attempting coups. Too many people were in on it.

Now if they could only either execute Bassam's kids and the sister-in-law or keep them in the embassy forever, it would make my day. I don't understand why they are the way they are if they were raised by that father. He doesn't even blink when they act all spoiled and full of themselves.

Next season, I'd like to see the mother's role expanded but I'm not sure how middle east tyrants typically treat their mothers so if they are trivialized in the home, maybe her small role is right.
I agree about Barry and Jamal's mother. She is truly elegant and I would love to see her role expanded as well.

Old 09-01-2014, 04:59 AM

1,842 posts, read 1,766,376 times
I agree. The writers have given so little for Bassam and Jamal's mother to do it's a waste of Alice Krige's talents. Things definitely look bad for Bassam but he's not getting executed. I think something happens to change Jamal's mind. Now the question is what kind of leader will Jamal be? Especially without Bassam to steer him in the right direction. Leila and Tariz seem content to let him be the dictator his father was

Old 09-01-2014, 12:48 PM

1,533 posts, read 1,591,745 times
Do we know if there is for sure a second season? And when it would be on again?

Old 09-01-2014, 12:59 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,766,376 times
If there's a second season we wait till next summer

Old 09-02-2014, 08:00 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,294,643 times
I told you guys, Jamal wasn't as dumb as he appeared. You all thought he was dumb as a box of rocks and would be taken advantage of and he beat Barry at his own game.

I think the obvious implication is Tucker will bail out Basam somehow even if it's agains the wishes of the U.S. government. Or there will be a secret coup by the U.S. govt to save Basam. It's obvious Tucker is loyal to Basam even if his other govt. cronies are not.

I like how the writers gave Basam an out. The American embassy provide Basam with salient points to abort the coup. But Basam's ego would not allow it and went forward despite their discouragement.

The only weak point to the plot is Hakim's confessing to Jamal. It's hard to believe that someone as intelligent as Hakim (a media mogul) would be stupid enough to confess and trust Jamal that nothing would happen to him or his family. That was a weak plot point. That is just not realistic. They should have devised a better way for Jamal to find out. Some will argue that Hakim has always been a weak soft person but my response to that is he should not be. He is their country's version of Ted Turner/Rupert Murdoch, someone like that would not be stupid regardless if he was soft.

Last edited by azriverfan.; 09-02-2014 at 08:15 AM..

Old 09-02-2014, 08:39 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,231,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZPam View Post
Do we know if there is for sure a second season? And when it would be on again?
FX hasn't said a word yet about a second season. They are being strangely quiet on this series.

Old 09-02-2014, 11:16 AM

37,800 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Maybe Jamal, his wife or his son are close to death (some kind of accident, maybe?) and Bassam or his wife are with them at the time (on the way to a public hanging?) and save (medically speaking) whoever is dying. I can't stand that I'm losing Justified after this next season so I'm hoping FX keeps this one going.

Maybe it's getting too dangerous. I didn't realize the show is filmed in Turkey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV