Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 05:10 PM

560 posts, read 849,367 times

Advertisements

DesG73 - you beat me to Farscape! I'd had brain freeze and couldn't remember the name - had to go look it up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2014, 06:03 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,847,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
oh, you will definately like Eureka

wathch eureka after your done with the 4400

then schedule some time and watch lost, the entire series...ignore the comments about stopping at four (5 maybe, but just gone and finish...anyways the finales will make you wanna continue watching)

after you process all that and get over everything then move on to fringe

now with fringe, you can watch seasons 1-3 and then call it a day...it will take conviction and faith to watch and get thru season 4...and if you make it thru season 4 then you may as will watch season 5 which is 13 eps long

good luck!
Thank you for the suggestion on order of watching.I will follow your suggestion.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:19 PM

2,611 posts, read 3,590,001 times
I agree with what most people say like Fringe is a lesser X-Files etc. And the way LOST ended. I still consider Lost and Quantum Leap to be my favorite sci-fi shows. There's Kyle XY, Now and Then, and too many one season shows that didn't make it past a season or two like Threshold, Firefly, Terminator SCC, Invasion, Flash Forward, John Doe, Time Trax, Sliders.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:50 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,259,230 times
The Adventures of Brisco County Jr. You sort of have to get over when it's set (same time frame as our other favorite, the original Wild Wild West, which is also sort of science fictiony) but it's great fun. And it stars the wonderful Bruce Campbell.

Old 06-26-2014, 10:28 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
In no particular order:

~ The original Flash Gordon Starring Buster Crabbe
~ The Invaders
~ Rocky Jones Space Ranger
~ Space 1999
~ Firefly
~ Men Into Space with William Lundigan
~ The original The Outer Limits

Old 06-27-2014, 12:27 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
I enjoyed the old & the newer..."V= visitors"......

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=V%3D+visitors

Enjoy.....

Old 06-27-2014, 02:57 PM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,332,943 times
I had forgotten about Firefly! Absolutely a must watch even though there are only 14 episodes. Watch them in the order they are on the DVD not the order they played out on TV. Also, I really liked the series with Jessica Alba called Dark Angel. Genetic engineering and all that "dealio".

Old 06-27-2014, 06:40 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,298,303 times
Many shows that are called science fiction are not really science fiction. Many of the shows being proposed as sci fi on this thread are not sci fi. Science fiction is about questioning ideas and laws.

That being said, if you want to see a true science fiction show, I recommend Battlestar Galactica, the new one (2000's). That is a true science fiction show and forces you to question society, religion, where we came from, evolution etc. It is one of the best written shows I've watched in a long time.

That is the best science fiction I've seen and I've seen them all.

Old 06-27-2014, 06:49 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,298,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j96g View Post
I agree with what most people say like Fringe is a lesser X-Files etc. And the way LOST ended. I still consider Lost and Quantum Leap to be my favorite sci-fi shows. There's Kyle XY, Now and Then, and too many one season shows that didn't make it past a season or two like Threshold, Firefly, Terminator SCC, Invasion, Flash Forward, John Doe, Time Trax, Sliders.
Fringe was a much better written show than X-files. It's not as popular as X-files because it didn't appeal to the dumbing down of America the way X-files did. X-files was not really science fiction but a drama that involved aliens or "monster of the week". And every show had the same plot structure. It started out with a monster killing someone. We don't know the identity of the monster. Mulder and Scully and investigate. There is a bad guy who you think is the monster who turns out to not be the monster. Then at about 3/4 of the way through the episode, there is the reveal and it's someone you least suspected. Then the monster dies. At the end of the show, there is a twist that the monster either survived or there were more of them in secret.
The alien plots included Mulder investigating and then at the end of the show, they reveal a tiny piece of the alien plot but offer more questions which forces the viewer to continue watching the show.Then throughout the show, there was repressed sexual chemistry between Mulder and Scully designed to appeal to the ladies who watched the show that wanted some romance. Sorry but Fringe was 10 times the show X-Files was in terms of innovation and creativity. But I give X-files the credit for being the reason we have so many sci-fi shows today. It brought it to the mainstream and made it acceptable to feature it in prime time again.

Old 06-27-2014, 06:58 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,847,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
I enjoyed the old & the newer..."V= visitors"......

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=V%3D+visitors

Enjoy.....

V was great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV