Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2014, 07:34 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,374,256 times

Advertisements

It's amazing how disgusting some people are. Victoria is going to be crushed when she finds out how badly Derrick has talked about her. I do agree with the poster who said she has said many nasty things too, though. She really has. She hates Amber for some reason. Victoria has said nasty things about nearly everyone in the house.

And Christine, you're disgusting. I wouldn't want you making my drink at Starbucks.

Old 08-30-2014, 08:53 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,605,159 times
I really think being in the house for this length of time has made them lose their grip.

Because, they KNOW what they say is being recorded. And watched. So what explains their current behavior???

Some psychologists/psychiatrists somewhere I'm sure are talking about how sensory deprivation makes people lose their inhibitions.

Because wasn't it about this time last year that the contestants got really grossly racist etc.?

Do the circumstances of being trapped in a single environment with minimal outside influences with one group of people and nothing to read or watch or see make people show their very worst traits?

Are we really watching Lord of the Flies??

I genuinely can't understand why anyone would do this to themselves. People who go on Big Brother have to know that EVERYTHING about them will be seen and torn apart by the general public: What they look like. How their voices sound. What they say. What they do - their bathroom habits, their eating habits. Their personal belief systems. So, WHY does anyone want to do it??? 15 minutes of fame? Because $500,000 ain't that much after taxes in the real world. Why oh why oh why would anyone agree to do Big Brother????? Someone needs to explain it to me. ShellNic???

And, speaking of diversity (which we weren't right now, but ...) it drives me crazy that there always seems to be a group of rabid Christians in the house, and production lets them have their Bibles, but why aren't there any Hindus? Buddhists? Jainists? Animists? Whateverelse??? If it were me, I'd claim to be of a different religion just to be able to bring a variety of reading materials into the house. I'd say I was Hindu and make them let me bring in the Vedas and Upanishads, because I've always meant to read them and haven't yet. OK, that's why I'd go on Big Brother. To be forced to read some religious texts all the way through because there isn't anything else to do.

Old 08-30-2014, 09:17 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
I really think being in the house for this length of time has made them lose their grip.

Because, they KNOW what they say is being recorded. And watched. So what explains their current behavior???

Some psychologists/psychiatrists somewhere I'm sure are talking about how sensory deprivation makes people lose their inhibitions.

Because wasn't it about this time last year that the contestants got really grossly racist etc.?

Do the circumstances of being trapped in a single environment with minimal outside influences with one group of people and nothing to read or watch or see make people show their very worst traits?

I genuinely can't understand why anyone would do this to themselves. People who go on Big Brother have to know that EVERYTHING about them will be seen and torn apart by the general public: What they look like. How their voices sound. What they say. What they do - their bathroom habits, their eating habits. Their personal belief systems. So, WHY does anyone want to do it??? 15 minutes of fame? Because $500,000 ain't that much after taxes in the real world. Why oh why oh why would anyone agree to do Big Brother????? Someone needs to explain it to me. ShellNic???

And, speaking of diversity (which we weren't right now, but ...) it drives me crazy that there always seems to be a group of rabid Christians in the house, and production lets them have their Bibles, but why aren't there any Hindus? Buddhists? Jainists? Animists? Whateverelse??? If it were me, I'd claim to be of a different religion just to be able to bring a variety of reading materials into the house. I'd say I was Hindu and make them let me bring in the Vedas and Upanishads, because I've always meant to read them and haven't yet. OK, that's why I'd go on Big Brother. To be forced to read some religious texts all the way through because there isn't anything else to do.

I think it's BYOB (B being bible.) But Kaysar in BB6 was the only Muslim we've ever had. Everyone else has been Jewish or Christian.

Sharon BB9 did actually read the bible all the way through while in the house.

Old 08-30-2014, 09:22 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,857,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post

I don't think their behavior has anything to do with being deprived of the outside world. I think we just tend to see the worst in people when they are being filmed daily and production edits it to display the most entertaining which tends to be awful behavior. Take a show like The Real World, Real Housewives of ______, The Bachelor, and all the other reality tv shows and you'll see the same type of behavior. Production selects people who will be wild and outrageous. Normal people would never be selected because it wouldn't make for entertaining television. What we are seeing is carefully selected people who will act ridiculously no matter if they are being filmed and probably even more so because they are being filmed.

I think a person like Donny was rare for a show like this. He was probably selected based on his looks and CBS thought they were going to get a Duck Dynasty like character and instead they got a sweet kind hearted man who the viewing audience fell in love with. Sadly Big Brother had already put him in a house full of people that couldn't relate to that type of man and thus alienated their audience by having us watch him be treated poorly by them.

This has also happened on shows like The Real World but the difference is that viewing audience tends to enjoy seeing the mob gang up on the nice person.

That's why I wish Big Brother had a better reunion episode similar to The Real World so that we could see these people really called out on their bad behavior. But we never truly get that satisfying reunion episode from Big Brother. They tend to give the house guest very little time to explain themselves.

Old 08-30-2014, 10:58 PM

4,792 posts, read 8,189,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
I can't help but notice over the past few weeks the hate for Frankie on this board is starting to take a homophobic route. Hate on him all you want but can you leave out the homophobic digs please.
The man has a filthy mouth, Homophobic is not the problem or why I turned it off tonight.

Old 08-30-2014, 11:56 PM

693 posts, read 1,041,024 times
Quote:
Looks like Nicole will be going home. Christine won POV.
Quote:
So who do yall all want to win veto? and will it really matter because the group will just put a pawn up?
I was so hoping Nicole won VETO. Assuming the boys would have stuck together (and probably would have since Derrick is pretty much calling the shots), it would have really let Christine know where she stands. It almost makes me feel a little sorry for her. She is making a complete idiot of herself and these guys don't give a rats a%s about her. She's a pawn and little does she know that she's stuck around because she keeps winning at the right time. If she doesn't win HOH next week, she's going home. BUT, I'm hoping she does win so some of those other two faced bums can start squirming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
hopefully jocasta allows hayden to slob her down first before she gets her turn
I really think Jacosta got caught up in the moment of things. It was funny though

And about Derrick . . . everyone agrees that he is playing the best game, but I am so over him. Along with Frankie, Derrick has a big ego too, but his is more of the "I'm untouchable" sort. Frankie is just in love with himself.

Derrick just knows he can control everyone (although he is really doing it with exception to Donny). But what I can't figure out is, if Derrick is confident in being the puppet master, why does he want the original alliance to stick together? Is it so when the others get evicted they'll see that Derrick stayed true and vote to give him the $500K? Is he betting on anyone of them even taking him to the final two? Does he think he can win against any one of them? He's really bent on keeping Victoria also - WHY?! Someone please explain because I can't figure it out.

Old 08-31-2014, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorgirl2007 View Post
I was so hoping Nicole won VETO. Assuming the boys would have stuck together (and probably would have since Derrick is pretty much calling the shots), it would have really let Christine know where she stands. It almost makes me feel a little sorry for her. She is making a complete idiot of herself and these guys don't give a rats a%s about her. She's a pawn and little does she know that she's stuck around because she keeps winning at the right time. If she doesn't win HOH next week, she's going home. BUT, I'm hoping she does win so some of those other two faced bums can start squirming.

I really think Jacosta got caught up in the moment of things. It was funny though

And about Derrick . . . everyone agrees that he is playing the best game, but I am so over him. Along with Frankie, Derrick has a big ego too, but his is more of the "I'm untouchable" sort. Frankie is just in love with himself.

Derrick just knows he can control everyone (although he is really doing it with exception to Donny). But what I can't figure out is, if Derrick is confident in being the puppet master, why does he want the original alliance to stick together? Is it so when the others get evicted they'll see that Derrick stayed true and vote to give him the $500K? Is he betting on anyone of them even taking him to the final two? Does he think he can win against any one of them? He's really bent on keeping Victoria also - WHY?! Someone please explain because I can't figure it out.
Did I miss something that happened with Jocosta? What exactly did she do to Hayden?

Old 08-31-2014, 01:59 AM

3,943 posts, read 6,374,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorgirl2007 View Post

Derrick doesn't want the original alliance to stick together. He was on board with getting rid of Devin, Zach, Amber & did Hayden ever join their alliance? He's ready to boot out any of those other guys if someone brings up their name to be nominated, but he wants someone else to bring it up, so he won't get blood on his hands, as they say. He also got rid of Donny who was a part of America's alliance. He doesn't care who goes. Derrick took Victoria under his wing because she's a gullible young female who he knew he could manipulate easily, and be a sure vote for him. He has scolded her when he was mad at her for believing Zach about the alliances, he has her getting him food and drinks. When he says "jump", she says "how high?"
Quote:
Did I miss something that happened with Jocosta? What exactly did she do to Hayden?
I don't know what she did to Hayden, but she planted a big kiss on Nicole, on her lips.

Old 08-31-2014, 02:10 AM

372 posts, read 599,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Derrick doesn't want the original alliance to stick together. He was on board with getting rid of Devin, Zach, Amber & did Hayden ever join their alliance? He's ready to boot out any of those other guys if someone brings up their name to be nominated, but he wants someone else to bring it up, so he won't get blood on his hands, as they say. He also got rid of Donny who was a part of America's alliance. He doesn't care who goes. Derrick took Victoria under his wing because she's a gullible young female who he knew he could manipulate easily, and be a sure vote for him. He has scolded her when he was mad at her for believing Zach about the alliances, he has her getting him food and drinks. When he says "jump", she says "how high?"
I wanted Derrick to win.. until tonight. Tonight he really crossed the line by joining the conversation about raping Victoria and laughing about it. I really just want Victoria or Nicole to win. Derrick's a pig like all the other guys, seriously. And Christink laughing along saying it would be funny if it happened.. wow. Shouldn't you, being a girl, think it's disturbing to say those things? Of course this coming from a married girl who cuddles and sucks other guys toes.

Old 08-31-2014, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post

I don't know what she did to Hayden, but she planted a big kiss on Nicole, on her lips.
lol That was very uncomfortable to watch. I hate when people do that to me. I had an aunt that would always kiss me on the lips no matter how much I tried to turn my head to make her kiss my cheek instead.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV