Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2014, 03:42 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,691,157 times

Advertisements

A new show on E! Network about people who've had plastic surgery-gone-wrong. Paul Nassif (husband of Adrienne Maloof from RH of BH) is the co-star of the show with his practice partner (forget his name).

I saw an episode today. One woman had 6 nose surgeries and now cannot breathe properly and the whole thing is just screwed up. They fixed it for her with a piece of her rib bone and some bone/cartilage from her head.

The other one had implants put in that were equivalent to a DDD on her and they were completely screwed up and her boobs were fused together and the implants were coming out the bottom into her skin. It looked insane. They had to do one surgery to get the old implants out and now have to wait a few months for her to heal before they fix her breasts to be back to where they were to begin with.

A guy (the so-called "human Ken doll") wants to get six-pack abs implanted. He's already had all sorts of other "muscle" implanted in his arms, legs, shoulders, etc.

On upcoming episodes, we will see Janice Dickinson (such a sad case she is!) and others.

Why do people do this to themselves??? I know I'm not perfect and, like most people, there are things about my face and body that I dislike but I don't think I would ever risk having a surgery to correct it unless it was life-threatening or just so horrendous that I "need" to change it.

These people must have severe self-image problems and/or body dysmorphic disorder!
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2014, 05:28 PM

741 posts, read 1,373,782 times
So Dr. Nassif is her current husband- interesting.

The other Dr. is Terry Dubrow. He is Heather's (from RH of OC) husband.

I told myself I would not watch it but I did. I felt the most sorry for the breast implant woman. I thought she looked the best after the initial implants were taken out and before the new (small!) ones were inserted. But then, I didn't really think much of what I'll just call her "style" at the conclusion of the episode.

I will likely catch other segments of this. Adequate summer entertainment for me anyway.

Old 06-29-2014, 07:32 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,691,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alinka View Post
So Dr. Nassif is her current husband- interesting.

The other Dr. is Terry Dubrow. He is Heather's (from RH of OC) husband.

I told myself I would not watch it but I did. I felt the most sorry for the breast implant woman. I thought she looked the best after the initial implants were taken out and before the new (small!) ones were inserted. But then, I didn't really think much of what I'll just call her "style" at the conclusion of the episode.
o
I will likely catch other segments of this. Adequate summer entertainment for me anyway.
I thought they got divorced?? Don't watch OC, so I wasn't aware the other one is a "reality husband".

The one with the boobs was very strange. I didn't get the whole thing as to why she got the huge boobs to begin with (she may have said but I wasn't really paying attention).

I'll probably catch the repeats on the weekends when I'm doing other things around my apartment. Janice Dickinson should be interesting. She has some major issues.

Old 06-29-2014, 08:18 PM

4,486 posts, read 4,939,634 times
Like the show.
Like that they are helping and not enhancing.
nice to see the reality husbands doing what they love to do.
I'm a fan.

Old 07-01-2014, 03:56 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,717,551 times
when is this on??

I keep missing it!!!

Old 07-02-2014, 08:12 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,150,794 times
Do they address why so many people have bad surgery outcomes? I know non board certified surgeons do cosmetic surgery and the recommendation is to only go to board certified cosmetic surgeons - but wouldn't you think that people like Janet Dickinson would get multiple surgery's from board certified surgeons? This is what I don't understand. How do these people get so f**ked up? I remember an article about Courtney Love having to find a Dr. to fix her face because someone botched it. These are names who can get good referrals and have good dr's work on them! Is it that hard to find someone who does a decent job?

While I applaud them for fixing others mistakes I do sort of wish they would fix people who were 'normal' and had a bad experience. Like, a cancer survivor who is only going for one surgery ever, asks for normal sized implants but some Dr totally botched it vs. someone who is a plastic surgery junkie and just keeps going, finding dr's who will do more and more non recommended tweaks till they can't breath or whatever. I'm not interested in seeing the totally neurotic and narcissitic get fixed.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:39 AM

734 posts, read 1,074,730 times
I caught that same episode. That chick with the nose, what was she thinking? Nose jobs are not for black people. They always make our noses look squished or pushed down. LOL.

That chick's boobs, what a mess!! There was nothing wrong with her boobs in the first place. She wanted to look like the other women down at the racetrack. Instead she came back looking a mess.

That "ken doll"....wtf? He looks like Elliott Rodger. Yikes. Instead of getting fake abs and pecs, why can't he take his lazy behind down to the gym and bulk up the normal way?

Old 07-02-2014, 09:41 AM

2,265 posts, read 4,094,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored chick View Post
I caught that same episode. That chick with the nose, what was she thinking? Nose jobs are not for black people. They always make our noses look squished or pushed down. LOL.
She had an car accident that smashed her nose and tried to have it fixed.

Old 07-02-2014, 12:35 PM

734 posts, read 1,074,730 times
^^^^still, she should have just fixed it that one time and left it alone. everytime i see a black person with a nose job, i wonder how can he or she breathe with that smushed in nose. lol.

Old 07-03-2014, 02:26 AM

741 posts, read 1,373,782 times
PippySkiddles,

I'm not sure when it's on. My tv guide said it would be on Tuesday after ET but Escape Club showed instead and gets a "no thank you" from me. I was flipping around later and saw some CraCra Janice Dickinson with a guy standing next to her bed and wanted her to go to club, or rave or something. Terry was being sardonic about her "drains".

Couldn't tell though if it was another segment or just a clip and only had a few moments to watch. I didn't see any other patients- just the three already detailed in the above posts.

Like Suits, it's going to be on, it's not going to be on, who can tell?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV