Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 09:45 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,284,151 times

Advertisements

Please make it so..
https://www.google.ca/#q=%E2%80%98st...es&safe=active
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2014, 09:49 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,350,941 times
Oh gosh I hope not.

Old 07-07-2014, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Oh gosh I hope not.
If it does become a reality no is going to force you to watch.

Old 07-07-2014, 12:37 PM

17,568 posts, read 15,237,377 times
I'm back and forth on it.. I'm intrigued by the idea, not so much by the character.. It's starting to feel like Michael Dorn is grasping at anything to keep his career going. But.. The flip side is.. I think the show might have a better chance of success with the established character.

I think all in all.. I like the idea, but not with Worf particularly.

Old 07-07-2014, 12:49 PM

1,492 posts, read 1,617,489 times
I love the idea and would happily watch a Worf based Star Trek series.

Old 07-07-2014, 01:08 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,350,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
If it does become a reality no is going to force you to watch.
Well, my fiance watches it. I know we have watched the same episodes time and time again. I don't hate Star Trek, I just do not like watching the same episode over and over.

Old 07-07-2014, 01:52 PM

I'm a sci-fy nut and have probably watched every Startrek episode dozens of times, it just never gets old, wish they would rerun episodes of Deep Space Nine and Babylon 5, a new Startrek type tv series would be amazing,, for me anyway.

Old 07-07-2014, 05:54 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,251,057 times
I have the dvd's for all seven seasons of DS9 but it would be nice to find it on tv instead of having to reset all the stitches on my tv/audio stuff. And there would be more people watcing it too. Personally with all the tensions and political one upmanship we have in our real world, DS9 would really fit in well. It wasn't about the idealized vision of the Federation in a peaceful quadrant of space. It was about how that was quietly being torn apart.

The episode among the war ones of the siege of AAr7? was one of the best since it brought their war down to the basics and what it was doing to the peaceful image of life they grew up with.

I would love if B5 was on somewhere. I don't have dvds for it but watched every one. I remember after the first season when the first captain was replaced by studio pressure as he was 'too unknown' how the convention that weekend virtually nobody from the show could come. The entire season of scripts was written ahead, and they were soon to be shooting and had to start from scrach. So someone brought in their videos and had a viewing party for the room.

I still dearly love DS9 and did then. But I liked B5 very much too and thought the 'feud' was stupid.

Old 07-07-2014, 10:17 PM

17,568 posts, read 15,237,377 times
DS9 fell out of favor with me because the show really didn't get good until the Dominion storyline was introduced in S4 or so.. And I had given up on it at that point. I went back and caught up with it when I got Netflix.. Decent series, poor acting through alot of it (My opinion, of course) but excellent writing.

Voyager.. Oof.. I stuck with it through all 7 seasons.. Good acting, great premise.. Poor writing in alot of it.

TNG is the only one that it all came together on.. And really, it was S3 before it hit its stride.. Which is somewhat understandable, because the entire second season was basically cobbled together during a writers strike. Not that S1 and S2 didn't have some great episodes.. Contagion and Deja Q are two that immediately come to mind as possibly being top 10 with Arsenal of Freedom bubbling right under. The Inner Light may just stand as the greatest Star Trek episode over every series.

Old 07-07-2014, 11:42 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,251,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
DS9 fell out of favor with me because the show really didn't get good until the Dominion storyline was introduced in S4 or so.. And I had given up on it at that point. I went back and caught up with it when I got Netflix.. Decent series, poor acting through alot of it (My opinion, of course) but excellent writing.

Voyager.. Oof.. I stuck with it through all 7 seasons.. Good acting, great premise.. Poor writing in alot of it.

TNG is the only one that it all came together on.. And really, it was S3 before it hit its stride.. Which is somewhat understandable, because the entire second season was basically cobbled together during a writers strike. Not that S1 and S2 didn't have some great episodes.. Contagion and Deja Q are two that immediately come to mind as possibly being top 10 with Arsenal of Freedom bubbling right under. The Inner Light may just stand as the greatest Star Trek episode over every series.
Inner Light is one of the best hours of tv ever. It's a classical tale and a wonderful example of the possibilities in science fiction which are not space ships and funky aliens. TNG had a hard time the first season trying to decide what it wanted to be, and what Gene Roddenberry wanted and what the new production people envisioned. Arsenal of Freedom should be shown today as it had a very current message.

The first season of DS9 was different from the others in that it was about a space station and those stand alones where Picard did his thing on some planet and then flew away didn't work. It was building blocks. But Duet, which is considered by many the best of the season, was one of the best of the season. It redefined Kira and changed her way of seeing things.

The war episodes took the whole franchise to a new place and I still want to see how the compromize necessary to survive changed their way of looking at life and liberty and what is acceptable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV