Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2015, 08:56 AM

1,039 posts, read 1,544,804 times

Advertisements

I just hope S3 if any isn't as boring as this one and they bring back some spice like the first season!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2015, 09:00 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalChubsta View Post
I just hope S3 if any isn't as boring as this one and they bring back some spice like the first season!!
Yeah, the "experts" really bombed on this season.

Old 05-29-2015, 01:48 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,559,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
It's good that this was the second season, because if these people had been on the first season there never would have been a second.

None of the matches seem right.

Sean is too passive for Davina (no wonder he was bullied as a kid.)
Jackie is too dominant for Ryan 1.
Ryan 2 is too volatile for Jess.

Ryan 1 and Jess would have been the best match out of all of them. Maybe they'll get together later!
I can only see some of the later episodes of this. Ryan seems like an abuser and Jess seems like she's been abused before. watching them hurts!

The other matches are terrible too. I can't keep track of the other two though because they both have the Manhatten vs Jersey problem and I missed the first 6 or so epis, but that one guy is such a whiner about his family.

He agrees not to talk about it and then starts right back in.

Why did he agree to live in Manhatten to begin with?

Old 05-31-2015, 12:33 AM

5,589 posts, read 8,402,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I can only see some of the later episodes of this. Ryan seems like an abuser and Jess seems like she's been abused before. watching them hurts!

The other matches are terrible too. I can't keep track of the other two though because they both have the Manhatten vs Jersey problem and I missed the first 6 or so epis, but that one guy is such a whiner about his family.

He agrees not to talk about it and then starts right back in.

Why did he agree to live in Manhatten to begin with?
You're getting mixed up on the couples and the NY v. NJ issues.

Sean is the wimp, errr, guy (married to Davina) who is whining about Manhattan, but it's not because of his family -- it's because he's from "central Jersey" and is not a "big-city" kinda guy. Rather than appreciate the coolness of Manhattan-living and great accomplishment that his wife has achieved with a career that allows her to afford Manhattan, he's all a-skeered. He is so weak to me.....and she is smart and intimidating, so I don't know how this is going to work. Not to mention he is not s*xual at all yet claims to be "Christian Grey se*ual"...OMG, what an a**. I don't think he's batting for the right team.

Ryan R is the guy who was whining about moving out of Mommy's basement on Long Island. His wife, Jaclyn, lives in Jersey. So they compromised and moved to Queens, but he is still whining. In his case, as soon as they consummated the marriage and she started being "into him", HE got a-skeered.

I don't know why either one of them agreed to relocate if they were going to be such wimps about it. I mean, it's all in the same metropolitan area, not like they are being asked to move to Iowa or something.

Old 05-31-2015, 01:12 AM

5,589 posts, read 8,402,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoarrow View Post
Anyone still think Jaclyn and Ryan will stay married? What a mama's boy he is, constantly whining about not seeing his family like a 12 year old away at band camp and even complaining about having too much sex. She needs to cut the cord cause he's never going to.

It's kinda sickening how the experts admit that they only put Jessica and Ryan together cause they were good looking. They need to end the experiment RIGHT NOW cause it wouldn't surprise me if he physically abuses her. I mean he's done everything but hit her.... so far.

Still haven't changed my mind about Davina and Sean divorcing. They are not compatible as she'll be bullying him for the rest of his life if he stays.

0-3
I just re-watched Episode 1 since I had missed it -- Dr. C stressed several times that they matched Jessica and Ryan D because "family" was the most important value to them. He wanted a marriage like his grandparents (where apparently the husband can yell at the wife and she just takes it), and Jessica wanted a marriage like her parents'. It was the sexologist lady who thought the two of them were good-looking and would make a sexy match, but I don't think that was the primary reason they were matched.

As for Jaclyn, she annoys the heck out of me with her over-laughing at everything. She's wayyyy too in-your-face. I don't know how she can stand his white veneers that don't match the rest of his back teeth.

Jessica, on the other hand, doesn't have much personality. She does not get his sarcastic sense of humor at all. For example, when she came to his house for the first time and he said, "Who is it?"....she said, "Why would you do that?" when he was clearly just doing it for a laugh. I think her timidity and no sense of humor got on his nerves, not that I'm excusing his abusive behavior in later episodes. And I'm not buying his "new man" bit at all. I think he's only doing this because he realized he had four more weeks of the experiment and he didn't want to look like a failure. BTW, I too would love to know what kind of business he owns -- I'm picturing a landscape business. He's clearly not hanging out with a bunch of rocket scientists. One last thing on Jessica, I wish she would stop making the grumpy-cat face, she is gonna regret that when she's in her later years.

Old 05-31-2015, 11:30 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,038,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
I just re-watched Episode 1 since I had missed it -- Dr. C stressed several times that they matched Jessica and Ryan D because "family" was the most important value to them. He wanted a marriage like his grandparents (where apparently the husband can yell at the wife and she just takes it), and Jessica wanted a marriage like her parents'. It was the sexologist lady who thought the two of them were good-looking and would make a sexy match, but I don't think that was the primary reason they were matched.

As for Jaclyn, she annoys the heck out of me with her over-laughing at everything. She's wayyyy too in-your-face. I don't know how she can stand his white veneers that don't match the rest of his back teeth.

Jessica, on the other hand, doesn't have much personality. She does not get his sarcastic sense of humor at all. For example, when she came to his house for the first time and he said, "Who is it?"....she said, "Why would you do that?" when he was clearly just doing it for a laugh. I think her timidity and no sense of humor got on his nerves, not that I'm excusing his abusive behavior in later episodes. And I'm not buying his "new man" bit at all. I think he's only doing this because he realized he had four more weeks of the experiment and he didn't want to look like a failure. BTW, I too would love to know what kind of business he owns -- I'm picturing a landscape business. He's clearly not hanging out with a bunch of rocket scientists. One last thing on Jessica, I wish she would stop making the grumpy-cat face, she is gonna regret that when she's in her later years.
Pepper Schwartz was the one who said she put Ryan and Jessica together cause they were sexy. Are you kidding me? What is she an "expert" at?

Old 05-31-2015, 01:31 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,214 times
In season 1, it was pretty obvious who would stay married and who would be splitting. This season I honestly can't tell. I think I know who should stay together (only Jacqueline and Ryan -- they strike me as this season's Jamie and Doug, with the twist that he has his own reservations too) and who should run for the hills (Jess from Ryan D.). But I honestly can't predict what these couples will actually do . I think we may be in for some shockers this time around.

Old 06-02-2015, 09:47 PM

922 posts, read 1,148,904 times
I think it's safe to assume that Davina and Sean are kaput and getting a divorce. Sean choosing his career over their marriage was the final nail in that coffin. Plus he's gay.

Ryan R and Jaclyn is probably over too. The fact that she said she will always have his back (proof that they are still in the friend zone) was proof that he blew it with his idiotic temper tantrum about not being able to see his family. He acted like he was living in East Berlin and had to scale a 10 foot wall and dodge snipers to go see them in West Berlin when all he had to do was get in his car and drive for an hour. You blew it!

I'm still hopeful that Jessica sees the true Ryan for the giant Dbag that he is and will choose divorce. Not a body language expert but seeing how she looked on the drive to announce their decision gives me great hope.

Predicted 0-3 at the start of the season so sticking with it.

Old 06-02-2015, 09:48 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,421,974 times
After tonite's episode, am almost sure Davina and Sean are splitting - they hadn't really been very connected anyway, her complaining about him got to me tonite - the other 2 couples seemed more in sync w/ each other than they had been in the past but whether they stay in sync - or even want to - remains to be seen. I think all have been unrealistic at times (some still are) but tonite they seemed happier together (at least 4 out of 6 did).

Old 06-02-2015, 09:51 PM

1,248 posts, read 2,166,344 times
I don't even think Davina and Sean like each other at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV