Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2015, 12:09 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,743,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post

Ryan D and Jessica: Horrible situation that I don't think will ever go away, at least for now, I see them both in court for years to come all because of this. Ryan is obviously a chauvinist and I wouldn't be surprised if he hit her but it wasn't shown. The experts really messed up this one and Jessica should sue everyone involved. She wasn't completely innocent either.
How wasn't she innocent?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2015, 12:24 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,437,735 times
I finally watched the recordings and was shocked! I think this show needs to END! In something I read the Experts were already distancing themselves saying a large number of experts did many of the interviews and testing. Probably graduate students.

I think it is unethical for these four clinicians to participate any longer. Some of what I heard them say is they wanted to see how couples who didn't know each other resolved different situations and grow together as a couple. They could learn more taking couples who were newlyweds and observing their struggles.

I've consistently written here this was too much happening in too short of a time (Wedding, Honeymoon, Christmas Eve, Christmas, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, Returning to work, Finding an apartment together and getting their tax documents) all during this time. People can't handle having a stranger now be a spouse during all those events, packed into six weeks. No, them receiving their individual info for their taxes wasn't highlighted. I added it so each person reading this can think of how they feel between Christmas (and other holidays, although the show didn't mention them), to the short weeks until the necessary tax forms are distributed for individual income tax.

Other talk shows are saying this needs to end. They are lucky no one was physically injured. Quit while ahead!

I did find some of the comments of the experts interesting. I guess Davina could produce the show herself, with no trained experts, and Davina could get results. Contestants would do it her way or get booted from the door.

What a disaster. Like them or not, these are real people. This is far beyond reality tv. This is damaging lives.

MSR

Old 06-17-2015, 12:27 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
How wasn't she innocent?
Trashing his watches. He's not a good person but her trashing the watches lowered herself.

Old 06-17-2015, 12:49 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,743,916 times
Quote:
Trashing his watches. He's not a good person but her trashing the watches lowered herself.
Ah got it. Bad form on her part. At least she did replace the watch (she destroyed only one according to her, I believe her not d-bag)

Old 06-17-2015, 12:56 PM

922 posts, read 1,149,129 times
Quote:
Come on, wives who found out their husbands were unfaithful have done a lot worse than trash a cheap watch. Look at Tiger Wood's ex-wife for example, she beat him with his golf club and smashed his car window out causing him to crash in to a fire hydrant.

And D-bag claiming that the watch was given to him by his grandfather is a crock of sheet. If it were really that sentimental, he would never have forgiven her let alone wear the watch she bought for him to the reunion..... in fact, he would've tossed it in the Hudson. Knowing him, it was probably some Rolex knockoff he got it at the corner for $20.

Old 06-17-2015, 01:49 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,793,169 times
the picture of Davina and Sean falling off the wall-twice!!---- what a hoot!!! I wonder which family member's spirit was the jokester??? Ha!!!

Old 06-17-2015, 01:55 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,544,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
the picture of Davina and Sean falling off the wall-twice!!---- what a hoot!!! I wonder which family member's spirit was the jokester??? Ha!!!
I kept saying it was Davinas family lol- Mom never approved and i'm pretty sure they are a very strict old school family. They never attended the wedding matter fact I don't think they ever showed her mom and sis at all. Perhaps that's why her relationship with them is a bit strained b/c she is not doing anything the "traditional" way.

Old 06-17-2015, 03:37 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,028,976 times
Super sad for all the couples involved. SMH. Jaclyn was my favorite.

Old 06-17-2015, 04:00 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,409,420 times
I didn't get to watch it last night, so I just watched it online today. What a painful reunion.

All the men seem so emotionally inept and uncommunicative. I think men in general process their feelings slower than women . . . and even after they do figure them out, they are too reluctant to say anything that is going to result in hurt feelings.

They never realize the lack of communication and stringing someone along only leads to more hurt feelings than honest communication would.

Ryan and Jacklyn - I think Ryan is reluctant to say that he's just not into Jacklyn. He seems to feel like he should be into her, but he just isn't. He said several times in the past that he finds her personality too overwhelming and that he just wanted to withdraw to get some quiet time. He's a very quiet guy.

I don't like Dr. Logan's bossy attitude, but she nailed it when she told Jacklyn that there is nothing wrong with her having a big personality. She shouldn't stuff her real self down just to make someone else happy. (Personally, I thought Jacklyn was a lot of fun.)

They kept showing footage of Ryan and Jaclyn having a great time, but they ignored all the footage where Ryan expressed discomfort. The experts want so badly to have at least one success that they're trying to keep two people together who aren't cooking on all four burners.

I don't consider a couple compatible if one or both isn't happy with their partner's basic personality, no matter how many other good traits are there.

Old 06-17-2015, 04:10 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,039,134 times
Ryan R and Jac are over. They won't being seeing each other again.

The experts just sat there dumbfounded. Show should dump them.

I read Sean was considered a bit of a ladies man at work. Hmmmmm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV