Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2014, 10:23 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,118,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Two new favorites for me. I just love Matt McAndrew. He gave me chills. Also still like the Philipine girl, Katriz. She did a few too many tricks for my liking last night but still love the tone of her voice. Hope she chooses better songs for herself from now on out.

I don't know why this bugs me but I hate that DaNica presents herself as a 40 year old. I'm pretty sure she's only 25. Wish she'd find a better stylist, especially for her hair.

Yep, same here. These two are my favorites thus far.
Danica looks like a 40-yo ... she must've had a rough life. That last battle was a doozy!!

There were some obvious set-ups last night:

- Stevie Wonder song set up for the blind guy ... but Katiz kicked his butt anyways!
- Coldplay song set up for Matt McAndrews to win (even though I think he's the better singer than the church dude anyways)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 11:00 AM

672 posts, read 788,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Yep, same here. These two are my favorites thus far.
Danica looks like a 40-yo ... she must've had a rough life. That last battle was a doozy!!

There were some obvious set-ups last night:

- Stevie Wonder song set up for the blind guy ... but Katiz kicked his butt anyways!
- Coldplay song set up for Matt McAndrews to win (even though I think he's the better singer than the church dude anyways)
I do like Katriz's voice, but she is so very young, and in her head, she is going for the "Diva" mode, ala Celene, Mariah, Whitney, etc.. I really hope that Adam can pull her out of that and get her to sing without the melisma. I usually am put off by the youngsters on these shows, most just don't have the experience, meaning life experience, to sing with true conviction. She's mature for being 15, but still needs time, I think.

Matt McAndrew was going to win the battle, no matter who he was paired with. He doesn't have the best or strongest voice, but he is one of the best, if not the best, at using what he has and connecting to what he sings. He would do something like Damien Rice's "Delicate" beautifully. I think that he is Adam's dog, and will be around until the end.

There are a few standouts, I like Taylor on Gwen's team, Luke and Taylor on Pharrel's team, James and Jessica on Blake's team, and Matt from Adam's team. Maybe a few more will stand out as this progresses.

I feel bad for the few artists who have been montaged, man, your battle round must be bad if they don't even show it.

Old 10-21-2014, 12:27 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,688,396 times
On Adam's team I like Matt and Damien.
On Blake's team I like James Carter.
On Pharrell's team I like DaNica and Katriz.

Old 10-21-2014, 12:54 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,484,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Bee View Post

I feel bad for the few artists who have been montaged, man, your battle round must be bad if they don't even show it.
I'm still wondering what happened with Tanya Tucker's niece who was on last season. She didn't get to sing one note on the air from her audition till she was gone. I saw a couple flashes of blond hair but they didn't even leave her on screen long enough to recognize her. Verrrry strange.

Old 10-28-2014, 09:54 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,484,502 times
Aw so sorry Katriz got eliminated last night.

I'm liking Taylor Swift as an advisor. Wouldn't mind seeing her as a center judge in the future.

Blake seems more subdued this season. Is that just me?

Old 10-28-2014, 10:18 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,118,032 times
Except for the Danica and Katriz duel, the battles were meh! Blake should've stolen her to boost his weak team.
That kid Tanner shouldn't have lasted as long as he did.

Old 10-28-2014, 10:48 AM

672 posts, read 788,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Except for the Danica and Katriz duel, the battles were meh! Blake should've stolen her to boost his weak team.
That kid Tanner shouldn't have lasted as long as he did.
Blake's strategy seems to be to have some fodder so that he can move other artists forward without having to make a hard decision. Tanner did better than I thought that he would, he seemed so very nervous, once he started to become more relaxed, his voice did come through, and he can sing.

I liked the Luke vs Taylor knockout to close, both did well, and also, James David Carter was pretty good. Danica too. Katriz was just too young. She's got pipes, but needs to some life experience, she just doesn't put emotion into her performances or connect to the songs.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:10 AM

758 posts, read 1,639,161 times
I've been very bored with the songs and performances this season. I did, surprisingly, like Taylor Swift as a coach. I wouldn't mind seeing her back more often.

Luke VS Taylor was pretty much a lose for Pharrell no matter who he picked. Though I really didn't like the song Taylor chose, I think he is awesome. And I really like Luke, too.

I can't believe that Pharrell went with Elijah in that last battle, but I'm glad that Broccoli Rob got stolen.

And I was bummed that Dave Matthews/Jay Mohr (AKA Troy) went home after Hey Ya. I really liked him, and I didn't like the song or performance by the other guy. If that is the type of artist he wants to be...just one more person not getting my vote.

Old 10-29-2014, 04:05 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,763,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Aw so sorry Katriz got eliminated last night.

I'm liking Taylor Swift as an advisor. Wouldn't mind seeing her as a center judge in the future.

Blake seems more subdued this season. Is that just me?
No, I've noticed a difference as well. Don't quite know what we're seeing, but it isn't Vintage Blake. He might be just getting tired of the whole process.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:57 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,717,731 times
Quote:
And I was bummed that Dave Matthews/Jay Mohr (AKA Troy) went home after Hey Ya. I really liked him, and I didn't like the song or performance by the other guy. If that is the type of artist he wants to be...just one more person not getting my vote.
That's okay. He will get my vote.

Couldn't stand Troy. I would never have picked him in the blinds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV