Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 10:32 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,672,436 times

Advertisements

What are some of your favorite episodes of Sex and the City. Hadn't seen the show in awhile and just saw a few episodes. LOL

Who is your favorite - Carrie, Charlotte, Samatha or Miranda - Love them all

I really loved Carrie and Adian together, but for the story line I guess it wouldn't work.

Was it the first show ? - when Samatha (think she was smoking a cigar) was hitting on Big at a bar and he flat out turned her down. (Wow - talk about a mirror image)

Also, the movie is great (the first one)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2014, 01:01 AM

741 posts, read 1,379,815 times
I do not remember Samantha hitting on JJP!

Otherwise, I thought I could pretty much recite the dialogue from any and every episode.

From the first movie: Jennifer Hudson....the New Year's Eve montage....Miranda on the bridge (still want what she was wearing)...the end, especially from the diner to the conclusion.

From the series: the first episode because I worked at ATWT and knew Scott Bryce from there. Also, how Charlotte held on to the apt, her conversion and 2nd marriage. The episodes where Carrie had cut off her not so much hair and had the chin length bob, Big's girlfriend and marriage (where she broke down on the beach-know that desperation). The Paris scenes and the other wife. Carrie, Big and Aidan at the cabin. Carrie and Berger and the scrunchie at the restaurant, Samantha and Mr. too big.

With the exception of Miranda's Knick's doc I think most of the other men were not that attractive. I especially could not get Steve. I sometimes wonder if there was something in the "contract" that the men could not be more attractive than Mr. Big or the women could not have a cuter little bod than Carrie.

Edited to add that some have said that the true lead character in SATC is NYC and I don't think I can really disagree with that.

Last edited by Alinka; 07-10-2014 at 01:15 AM..

Old 07-10-2014, 01:42 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,672,436 times
Just double checked (wiki) that Samantha hits on Big, first episode. It's a little scene in a bar, and out off all the episodes the first show is the most vague ? !

The movie - Miranda's outfit on the bridge - beautiful - and the belt she's wearing is in alot of the episodes. I think Carrie is wearing the same belt in a gorgeous green dress (opening scene) I have the movie, think I'll watch it this weekend

Love in the movie when Carrie is telling Charlotte and Miranda how Big said "I got it" (buying the penthouse) Carrie went on & on . . . and something about the oven and she said, "I wouldn't know I keep sweaters in my oven" LOL

Old 07-10-2014, 04:04 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,560,181 times
I'd have to say the one called The f*** buddy, with my Mayhem. Because well, I just love my Mayhem. <3

Old 07-10-2014, 08:54 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Samantha did indeed hit on Big and he turned her down. This was before Carrie knew he existed.

Favorite character-Samantha because she was true to herself, made no apologies for being herself,was strong and independent but also caring and can and did get her heart broken. Loved her w/Smith!!!!

Least favorite character -Miranda, followed closely by Carrie.

Charlotte was sweet,classy and a bit of a snob. LOVED her with Harry. Don't love any character,real or imagined who crave kids to the point of annoyance.

Aiden was Mr Perfect-to me. Too bad ALL men are not AIDENS!!!!!!!

Fav episode--Samantha dealing with her cancer in such a strong and positive, take charge way. Smith shaving his hair off when Sam began losing hers..............ah.................what a guy!!

didn't love either movie although the first one was much better than that garbage they threw together and called it movie #2

Old 07-10-2014, 09:17 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,273,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
Samantha did indeed hit on Big and he turned her down. This was before Carrie knew he existed.
Actually, it was after they had run into each other in the street and Carrie dropped her purse. Carrie was with Samantha when they spotted him in the bar, and Sam said "if you aren't going to hit on him, I will."

Old 07-10-2014, 09:19 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,273,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70's Music Girl View Post
What are some of your favorite episodes of Sex and the City.
Picking my favorite episodes is like picking my favorite children.

Though I must admit that the second movie is like the weird child that I might put up for adoption. LOL

Old 07-10-2014, 09:28 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Actually, it was after they had run into each other in the street and Carrie dropped her purse. Carrie was with Samantha when they spotted him in the bar, and Sam said "if you aren't going to hit on him, I will."

ooops, I stand corrected

Old 07-11-2014, 12:44 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
I thought both of the movies sucked, too forced. Just leave on a high note, ya know? I liked the episode "Hot Child in the City" w/that comic book store guy who still lived w/his parents....."They'll know we've been smoking the pot!!" Samantha was my favorite because she was such a classy s*ut, least favorite was Charlotte. She's just too groomed & proper. Aiden was awesome, even better w/his short hair but there was something about Big too.I get how Carrie always thought he was the one even though everyone else was screaming "NO!!!"

Old 07-11-2014, 12:50 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,856 times
I like Miranda the best. One of my favorite moments was when she found out she was having a boy, and everyone around her was more excited than she was. So she had to start 'faking' being excited and she got a neck cramp from a forced smile. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV