Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 12:19 PM

1,256 posts, read 2,491,476 times

Advertisements

My main reason for watching this show is Liev Schreiber. He is head and shoulders above the rest of the cast.

I also appreciate the cinematography - very "LA Film Noir."

And while I do believe the storyline and writing are much better this season, I still find myself extremely irritated at his family. Are they all just supremely bad actors, or is it just how their roles are written? Perhaps a little of both.

Even John Voigt - who has been very, very memorable in some great films - is such a cartoon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2014, 01:38 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,105,948 times
Javi is one of the coolest characters on the show, I wish we would see more of him.

Old 09-24-2014, 04:58 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,360,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Javi is one of the coolest characters on the show, I wish we would see more of him.
Don't they call him Avi? Steve Bauer, right? from Scarface?
I should turn on my subtitles...thought I heard Avi...short for Aviv ?...never saw him playing a Jew...
just Hispanic, says alot about his acting.
Love 'im, too.

Old 09-27-2014, 04:32 PM

1,236 posts, read 1,398,184 times
Wow, it seems that Ray really has a thing for Kate! Can't believe the suicide in the restaurant. Now Abby is starting to finally get on MY nerves with this obsession about killing Cookie, and that police officer was stupid to even agreeing to it. Nobody's worth me losing my whole career and life over! What will happen to Terry??

Old 09-29-2014, 01:59 PM

The season finale had some cliffhangers!! I don't know how Ray's life will ever be the same now that Cookie Brown knows Bridget was on that tape, and knows he killed Marvin and his father. I mean, I guess Ray will always have something on Cookie, and Cookie will always threaten to harm Ray's family if he tells.

I WAS NOT READY with what happened with Kate!! Oh my gosh! I think Ray really loved that woman in a weird way. I can't believe Avi did that; I just can't. Ezra was out of line.

And is this police officer really serious about Abby and the kids? I mean, seriously? Does he think Ray is gonna just let him have his family without any resistance?

Oh well, till next season.

Old 09-29-2014, 06:01 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,824,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No2Monsanto View Post
The season finale had some cliffhangers!! I don't know how Ray's life will ever be the same now that Cookie Brown knows Bridget was on that tape...
Did you doze off during the finale?

Ray took care of the Cookie problem with a 9mm to the chest, then left Cookie's henchmen to fight over the million dollars.

Old 09-30-2014, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
Did you doze off during the finale?

Ray took care of the Cookie problem with a 9mm to the chest, then left Cookie's henchmen to fight over the million dollars.
Oh my gosh, you are SOOOOOO RIGHT!! I don't know what happened! I think I turned it off half way through and went to bed because I record it every week on DVR anyway; either that, or I walked out of the room while it was on one too many times!! When I got home from work last night, I thought I would look at it again just for the heck of it, thinking I had seen the whole thing. When I saw what Ray did to Cookie, I was like WOAHHHH!! I also didn't know Ashley's boyfriend killed the stalker and got arrested.

Clearly, I missed some things, but now I'm all caught up! AWESOME finale. AWESOME.

Old 10-02-2014, 10:30 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,547,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No2Monsanto View Post
The season finale had some cliffhangers!! I don't know how Ray's life will ever be the same now that Cookie Brown knows Bridget was on that tape, and knows he killed Marvin and his father. I mean, I guess Ray will always have something on Cookie, and Cookie will always threaten to harm Ray's family if he tells.

I WAS NOT READY with what happened with Kate!! Oh my gosh! I think Ray really loved that woman in a weird way. I can't believe Avi did that; I just can't. Ezra was out of line.

And is this police officer really serious about Abby and the kids? I mean, seriously? Does he think Ray is gonna just let him have his family without any resistance?

Oh well, till next season.
Ray told him to take care of them while he was gone.........

Dang, I'm so silly to have clicked on this thread! Have't watched the finale yet...........

Old 10-03-2014, 07:32 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,547,309 times
Wow. Ray is a new person. Calling the police on two people? And killing Cookie got his wife back :-)

the only part I didn't understand was attacking the FBI guy.

Maybe next season will be more fixing, less gangster? The first epi was fun, with the fixing.

Old 10-03-2014, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Ray told him to take care of them while he was gone.........

Dang, I'm so silly to have clicked on this thread! Have't watched the finale yet...........
Ray told WHO to take of his family while he was gone? The only person I remember him saying that to was his brother Terry when got put in jail after that heist with Mickey went horribly wrong, because he DID NOT want Mickey anywhere near them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV