Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 08:00 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,653,855 times

Advertisements

Gayle King is horrible, so I can never watch CBS. I dont mind Rose, however.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2014, 08:41 PM

566 posts, read 503,479 times
I havent watched GMA since Joan Lunden and Charlie Gibson left.I didnt like old Chuck at first, but then I warmed up to him, and now I sure miss him.Oh, and that goofy looking guy who had the head of Eddie Munster thankfuly left.Oh, and CBS needs to give Oprah's girlfriend the boot.

Old 07-31-2014, 09:58 PM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,266,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Gomar Holnyuk View Post
I havent watched GMA since Joan Lunden and Charlie Gibson left.I didnt like old Chuck at first, but then I warmed up to him, and now I sure miss him.Oh, and that goofy looking guy who had the head of Eddie Munster thankfuly left.Oh, and CBS needs to give Oprah's girlfriend the boot.
I agree Charlie Gibson was good. Heck, I even liked GMA back when Phil Hartman was host

GMA these days is a bit too goofy for me. I like Ginger Z
But I'm no Lauer fan either.
Charlie Rose is good, not sure what he's doing on a morning show though, he looks a bit sleepy

Old 07-31-2014, 11:12 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
The morning shows were originally created for stay at home housewives, I think. The news was on the fluffy side and there was always some cooking/baking thing and celebrity type interviews after working people went off to work (the last/second hour). Now with so many unemployed, on disability and flexible work hours, there are different types of people home in the morning so maybe they're giving them what they think they want.

Old 08-01-2014, 06:16 AM

1,632 posts, read 1,849,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Gomar Holnyuk View Post
Yes it was good back then, now the morning shows are just a bunch of giggling women forcing themselves to laugh at nothing .

Old 08-01-2014, 06:19 AM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,266,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
I agree Charlie Gibson was good. Heck, I even liked GMA back when Phil Hartman was host

GMA these days is a bit too goofy for me. I like Ginger Z
But I'm no Lauer fan either.
Charlie Rose is good, not sure what he's doing on a morning show though, he looks a bit sleepy
Phil Hartman...I was really tired last night ...I meant David Hartman haven't seen him around
in years, maybe bring him back on, he's not much older than Charlie Rose, younger than Larry King

Old 08-01-2014, 06:52 AM

13,401 posts, read 28,714,749 times
O/P have to agree!!
GMA was really good back in the day when Charles Gibson and Diane Sawyer co hosted.
Now it's just a fluff piece

Charles and Diane are true news reporters, and that's the problem now they just have " the bubble headed bleach blond" types

Old 08-01-2014, 04:11 PM

31,897 posts, read 26,926,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No2Monsanto View Post

I LOVED Sam Champion, but he too, left this year to head up a new morning program at The Weather Channel. I knew immediately when that news broke, it was career suicide for him. I mean, The Weather Channel? Really? Now the ratings over there are on the down slope; I'm sure Sam has some regrets. His replacement, Ginger "Z" is gorgeous and delightful, and knows her stuff. I hope she stays a long time.
Have known socially and watched Mr. Champion since his debut as a weatherman on "Channel7/Eyewitness news for years and am here to tell you his career is not suffering by his move to the WC.

All news readers/reporters work on a contact basis. When that thing is up for renewal the person is either offered another or dropped. If the former the question then is same as for actors, major league sports and so forth, that is it money and bennies.

Old 08-03-2014, 02:11 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,051,718 times
I have no interest in rock concerts, cheap deals of the day, cooking segments (I watch food network for that) or all the silly pop news or even weather. What local station doesn't cover the whole map when talking about weather? If there is something serious happening weather wise CBS will get to it but I like their News is Back in the Morning approach. Charlie Rose is extremely knowledgeable about so many topics and nora asks some in depth questions while Gayle does the fluff pieces. Their interviews are meaty and longer and this is my go to morning show. During the commercials I will slip to the others but I'm always reminded why my first choice is CBS.

Old 08-03-2014, 08:11 PM

566 posts, read 503,479 times
[quote=BMI;35900253]Phil Hartman...I was really tired last night ...I meant David Hartman
Mr.Hartman did a few TV specials. He had one on NYC history and architecture. Joan Lunden does some info-mercials and ads.But Charlie Gibson seems to have just fallen off the planet. Hey, what happened to jodi applegate? she was the hottest chick on TV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV