Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2014, 08:00 PM

3,829 posts, read 6,732,618 times

Advertisements

The whole night felt off to me. I knew Janel and Val were going to be ripped apart for not being in hold. They deserved it, even though their dance was one of the best of the night. Derek and Bethany- what was with the cult-ish feel? I didn't like Sadie and Mark. Michael didn't even dance- not a kick or flick in sight. Alfonso and Witney's routine didn't feel like a rumba to me. The music was too fast and having the real singer right there was distracting. Team Creepy was terrible in every way- theme, costumes, dance.

Pretty terrible night, IMO.

And I don't know why, but I just don't like Bethany. I know her 'fame' and I support what she does, but something about her grates on me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2014, 08:02 PM

3,829 posts, read 6,732,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
I liked the second team dance better. Did Derek's team get the higher score?
Spoiler
somehow I missed it but imagine they did
Really? I disliked everything about "Team Creepy" except that Alfonso and Sadie were on that team. That's my only positive praise.

Old 10-27-2014, 08:04 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times
I agree that the night felt off, jaynarie. It seemed as though every single team had problems with either performing the proper dance, using too many props/dancers or staying in time. But I still enjoyed it overall. I thought Alfonso did extremely well, much higher than his scores reflected.

Old 10-27-2014, 08:07 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,570,918 times
Bethany, Janel and Sadie did great tonight!
Alfonso is really good but I don't like that he has dance experience.
Something really bugs me about Lea - I think it is her skinny legs.
Tommy did pretty well - especially for his age.
Antonio and Michael are awful - both just strut around the dance floor - no rythmn.
At least Michael is funny. I don't care for Antonios attitude.
I liked both of the team dances but Team Itsy-Bitsy clearly won IMO.

Old 10-27-2014, 08:43 PM

1,215 posts, read 1,809,383 times
I don't like how they've all started resorting to big props and background dancers. To me, that takes away from the couple.

I told Hubby before the show even started who was going home. I was right. Not upset that the person went home, but still bothered by the giant train wreck.

Old 10-27-2014, 08:51 PM

1,215 posts, read 1,809,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
It is being reported that Emma & Michael are dating eeeewwwwww he has to go he is only walking through the dances.
I read another site that said they're not. I thought Emma and Sasha were dating? Then again, that was a year ago.

Old 10-27-2014, 09:00 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post
The whole night felt off to me. I knew Janel and Val were going to be ripped apart for not being in hold. They deserved it, even though their dance was one of the best of the night. Derek and Bethany- what was with the cult-ish feel? I didn't like Sadie and Mark. Michael didn't even dance- not a kick or flick in sight. Alfonso and Witney's routine didn't feel like a rumba to me. The music was too fast and having the real singer right there was distracting. Team Creepy was terrible in every way- theme, costumes, dance.

Pretty terrible night, IMO.

And I don't know why, but I just don't like Bethany. I know her 'fame' and I support what she does, but something about her grates on me.
Gee I could have wrote this very post I agree totally. It was very distracting with props & dance troupes on the floor too think they should limit that stuff. I think it is used more when the star is weaker in the dance moves too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
I agree that the night felt off, jaynarie. It seemed as though every single team had problems with either performing the proper dance, using too many props/dancers or staying in time. But I still enjoyed it overall. I thought Alfonso did extremely well, much higher than his scores reflected.
I thought Alfonso just stood around really didn't dance much sorry.

OK so Michael needs to go really he does but I said Antonio would be the one tonight too.

Now I am so over Lea she can go as far as I'm concerned with her cry baby acting like Melissa Gilbert & Jennifer Gray self. Bye bye. I like Artem but he is forgetting this is not a competition for experienced pro dance couples that he got stuck with the semi pro. Both putting to much into winning instead of the art of dancing.

Nice to see Len back but they didn't let him talk much really and what is up with these couples going into the audiences instead of coming over to the judging table? They all should know better just wanna get Aunt Sally and Uncle Doug on TV I reckon.

Old 10-27-2014, 09:00 PM

I think some of the pros go out (to eat or to the movies, etc) with their star-partners in order to form a closer bond strictly for performance purposes. If Emma and Michael have been seen out and about, I'm sure that's what it is. Not that Michael isnt attractive in his own way, but Emma is so much younger than he -- she's less than half his age.

I was surprised to read (in post 406) that she was dating Sasha. Some male dancers in the troupe dont seem to be...how can I say it politely...the type to date females.

Old 10-27-2014, 09:02 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitsong View Post
I read another site that said they're not. I thought Emma and Sasha were dating? Then again, that was a year ago.
Gee I hope so I like Emma but,,,,,, Michael could be OK but just not on a dance floor or dating relationship IMO.

Old 10-27-2014, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
...Now I am so over Lea she can go as far as I'm concerned with her cry baby acting like Melissa Gilbert & Jennifer Gray self. Bye bye. I like Artem but he is forgetting this is not a competition for experienced pro dance couples that he got stuck with the semi pro. Both putting to much into winning instead of the art of dancing.

Nice to see Len back but they didn't let him talk much really...

I agree about Lea and Artem. I know they must feel the pressure , especially when they started out so well the first few weeks, but they're taking everything way too seriously. Comparing themselves to Alfonso last week and then Lea crying this week. I really liked her in the beginning but, as far as I'm concerned now, she can go home anytime.

And I also agree about Len. Of course, now that they have four judges, there isnt enough time for all four to comment after every dance. I truly hope they'll go back to three judges next season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV