Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 08:50 PM

15,639 posts, read 40,940,913 times

Advertisements

Glad Tasha won. I had hoped for a Nando/Tasha finale with Nando winning it. Obviously, I'm a donkey. After seeing Nando in Tasha's kitchen possibly sabotaging her chance to win, I changed my mind really quick about that devious little SOB.

And Frank! What a clueless dork!!! Glad Bryant threw him out of the kitchen.

I was groaning (ok, braying!) when I saw Santos back on there. For a small-minded, low-class jerk he sure has a huge ego! Hopefully some of the air was let out of this over-inflated windbag/douchebag when he wasn't anybody's first (or second, or third, or fourth, or fifth ...) choice to be picked for a team!

Jennifer ... UGH!!!!! How can anybody stand to be with her???!!! Her poor husband! He probably stays 'cuz SOMEBODY has to provide the kids with some sanity!!! I noticed that she spent a lot of time talking about her son and hugging him and showering him with affection, but not so much with her daughter. I thought it was odd.

Anyway ... I hope GR switches it up for the next season, and all seasons thereafter because it's too predictable and it would be nice to actually enjoy a REAL competition with competent people and only a few donkeys for entertainment value.

And on that note .....

Meanwhile, in Riverside, California the donkeys are agitated and they're not gonna take it anymore!!!

RIVERSIDE: Burros heading down from the hills - Press Enterprise
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2014, 04:27 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,074,776 times
Yay Tasha!

VERY disappointed in Chef for picking Bryant in 5 he finals over Jennifer.

Old 12-20-2014, 09:21 PM

17,409 posts, read 14,989,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Yay Tasha!

VERY disappointed in Chef for picking Bryant in 5 he finals over Jennifer.
Bryant seemed VERY different in the final vs the previous episodes. Much more likeable/sane.

Old 12-21-2014, 11:13 AM

8,774 posts, read 10,184,731 times
At least the person I was rooting for towards the end won.

Old 12-24-2014, 09:24 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,846,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Bryant seemed VERY different in the final vs the previous episodes. Much more likeable/sane.
Yeah, he almost seemed good. haha I never liked him but in the end he was pretty good and could lead. But overall very delusional with a crazy streak.

Glad Tasha won. She was the most consistent. She also wasn't nuts or loud. Two redeeming characteristics on HK. hehe

Whatsherface did say 'ball gag'. Whoa. She must have an interesting life to even say such a thing.

I do think the show needs an overhaul. And the winner is...(commercial). /yawn That doesn't garner suspense any longer - if it ever did - it means I can get up and get a drink or use the toilet. Doubt that's what they have in mind.

Old 01-03-2015, 11:28 PM

608 posts, read 1,703,854 times
Just now saw the final two episodes. Happy for LaTasha.

I do think Sade would've been the best pick, though. She's a bit young and maybe that's why Ramsey passed up on her, but thought she exhibited better leadership skills and was more vocal than LaTasha. Smart move by GR to hire her.

Admittedly, Bryant performed the best in the last few episodes, but LaTasha was a better pick. As good as Bryant seems in the kitchen, he's just so immature and alienating in the way he talks to people. He has a lot of redeeming qualities, but I could see him having difficulty dealing with a large staff.

Sort of annoyed by the timing of this season. First they skip several weeks for baseball. Then, they cluster a bunch of episodes near Christmas. Just felt like they timed it out poorly.

I agree that they should start picking more of the contestants based on cooking skills rather than personality. The producers think "interesting personalities" make for good television and that cooking skills aren't that important. Whereas, MasterChef focuses more on cooking skills first, personalities second. I think the MC formula works better. The phony drama isn't really entertaining and it's not one of the reasons I watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV