Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 02:51 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,766,907 times

Advertisements

I watch Disney quite a bit as I have two small children. I imagine some racists' have kids too and watch it. So there's that.

I've seen white boy/black girl and black boy/white girl relationships. I don't have a spreadsheet handy, but it was enough of a balance to satisfy my inner demon race card player to keep from spouting off.

Old 08-20-2014, 03:02 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I watch Disney quite a bit as I have two small children. I imagine some racists' have kids too and watch it. So there's that.

I've seen white boy/black girl and black boy/white girl relationships. I don't have a spreadsheet handy, but it was enough of a balance to satisfy my inner demon race card player to keep from spouting off.
How long ago was that?

Old 08-20-2014, 03:32 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,854,658 times
Is this just about the Disney Channel or TV in general?

I'm not sure why it matters how couples are paired just as long as it fits the story line. I don't think they need to create it just for the heck of saying they have a black boy/white girl coupling.

We don't have to have every type of coupling represented on TV. I'm gay but I don't feel Disney has to have a boy/boy coupling on one of their shows.

If it bothers you enough than write your own show and make it however you want and then try to sell it to Disney. You can't really complain unless you write your own show and create your own network. Then you can do whatever you want. Unless you own Disney I don't see how you can demand they air what you want to see.

Old 08-20-2014, 04:29 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I often watch my nephew's Disney Channel TV shows with him and always notice that there's ALWAYS a white boo du jour. They often seem to pair this guy off with a black/latina girl so that the show doesn't appear overtly racist, imo. The actor Cordon Bleu was attractive, yet biracial. They certainly didn't anoint him to be the next Zac Efron. Ads for youngsters also feature the white guy with his arms around a black girl. But, I've yet to see a black guy with his arms around a white girl. Why is there still such racism in our society or IS IT racism?- Thoughts?
You obviously are not watching bachelor in paradise. All your heartfelt concerns could be addressed.

Old 08-20-2014, 04:30 PM

360 posts, read 992,960 times
[quote=wehotex;36164830] The actor Cordon Bleu was attractive, yet biracial. QUOTE]

Hold on. Off topic, but there's actually an actor on tv named Cordon Bleu? Who are his parents, Julia Child and Rice Pilaf?

Old 08-20-2014, 04:48 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,271,820 times
[quote=Bookmen;36168846]
Quote:
The actor Cordon Bleu was attractive, yet biracial. QUOTE]

Hold on. Off topic, but there's actually an actor on tv named Cordon Bleu? Who are his parents, Julia Child and Rice Pilaf?
It's actually Corbin Bleu

Old 08-20-2014, 05:00 PM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
There are 2 groups that have issues with black men with white women.

1. old white people
2. black women
Old white people control American industry, politics, commerce, and media.

The Gen X producer himself might be willing to cast the young black boy with the young white girl, but the advertisers always expect the worst from their market. It's darned rare and bold for an advertiser to do what General Mills Foods did with their
interracial Cheerios commercial last year, but they caught enough backlash to cause other advertisers just to stay away from the controversy. Advertisers as a group have always been cowardly.

Old 08-20-2014, 05:11 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Shows are going to start need a very large cast.

So they need to cast...

A white boy and a black girl so they can date
A black boy and a white girl so they can date
A black boy and a black girl so they can date
A white boy and a white girl so they can date
A white boy and a black boy so they can date
A white girl and a black girl so they can date
An Hispanic girl and a white boy so they can date
An Hispanic girl and a black boy so they can date
A white girl and an Hispanic boy so they can date
A black girl and an Hispanic bog so they can date
An Hispanic girl and a white girl so they can date
An Hispanic girl and a black girl so they can date

And so on and so on and so on...

A cast of about 50 might work.

Old 08-20-2014, 05:36 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,766,907 times
Quote:
How long ago was that?
For what, or which one?

The main blonde kid on Austin & Ally had a black girl friend for several episodes. I think one of the other white characters had a black boyfriend too.

I always thought seeing a black boy with a white girl was more common in real life and more likely on TV. And when it is depicted, it is the main focus of the story as being something problematic. White guys get to have whatever woman they want and apparently have the world at their feet, so its not considered interracial or controversial to pair them with the hot chick on TV no matter what color she is - in general- unless the film is by a black director or writer who wants to showcase that relationship for whatever reason.

Old 08-20-2014, 07:14 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times
Do you think the young people watching these Disney shows are going to question whether a couple is white boy/black girl or black boy/white girl?

I really am not sure they are.

What do you have so against the white boy? White boys are not the only ones on the screen, I even gave a link to Save the Last Dance and I think that was from 2001. I would think that by now there is even more of that on the screen.

I am not sure this thread even belongs here. Seems more like you are trying to stir up controversy to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV