Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2017, 01:19 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,953,054 times

Advertisements

I am on the very last episode of season 5 of Breaking bad (second viewing). What a great show!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2017, 01:28 PM

1,801 posts, read 3,553,960 times
A Series of Unfortunate Events.

Old 01-24-2017, 04:35 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,885,695 times
Raising Hope and Futurama.

Old 01-24-2017, 08:30 PM

2,756 posts, read 4,412,167 times
I just signed up for Netflix, only for the free month, so I could watch the Gilmore Girls reunion. I am watching The Queen now, which is very good, and I will try to watch Orange is the New Black before my month is out.

Any other Netflix only series that I should try to quickly watch during my free month? What's the best of the best?

Old 01-25-2017, 10:17 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,505,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcambridge View Post
I just signed up for Netflix, only for the free month, so I could watch the Gilmore Girls reunion. I am watching The Queen now, which is very good, and I will try to watch Orange is the New Black before my month is out.

Any other Netflix only series that I should try to quickly watch during my free month? What's the best of the best?
House of Cards
Stranger Things
OA

check out instantwatcher.com for a list of all of Netflix's movies and TV shows.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:22 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,816,495 times
The Crown
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
NCIS
Gilmore Girls

Old 01-25-2017, 10:25 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
Quote:

My 3 favorite series all time, two of which can be seen on Netflix...

1- Breaking Bad
2- The Sopranos
3- The Walking Dead

Best TV Shows Streaming on Netflix Right Now | Complex

Old 01-25-2017, 11:15 AM

Great suggestions.

I love the Sopranos and Breaking Bad.

I am not up to date on Walking Dead or House of Cards (I check them out of the library a year or two later), so could check that out.

Never heard of OA so thanks for the head's up. And I had forgotten about Stranger things. I'll check it out.

Not a big fan of NCIS (used to be more of a Law and Order girl years ago) and that Philadelphia show... just don't get it. I checked it out once and they were just yelling all the time and it gave me a headache. What am I missing here? I think I am more of a dark comedy person.

Old 01-25-2017, 11:28 AM

2,919 posts, read 1,983,944 times
Quote:

Depending on your tastes, these are some I enjoyed. Some I don't know if they are on other streaming services.

Marco Polo (Netflix Original) - Didn't expect to like it, but enjoyed the first two seasons.

The 100 - Not everyone would like this one I don't believe, but I did.

Peaky Blinders - At times wanted to stop watching as some of the characters weren't very likeable but liked it overall.

Bates Motel - Quirky but entertaining.

Prison Break - My personal favorite series ever.

Ancient Ops - Documentary of ancient assassin/military operations. Only watch three or four episodes before I cancelled Netflix.

These are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Old 01-25-2017, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
Depending on your tastes, these are some I enjoyed. Some I don't know if they are on other streaming services.

Marco Polo (Netflix Original) - Didn't expect to like it, but enjoyed the first two seasons.

The 100 - Not everyone would like this one I don't believe, but I did.

Peaky Blinders - At times wanted to stop watching as some of the characters weren't very likeable but liked it overall.

Bates Motel - Quirky but entertaining.

Prison Break - My personal favorite series ever.

Ancient Ops - Documentary of ancient assassin/military operations. Only watch three or four episodes before I cancelled Netflix.

These are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Appreciate the recs. Never heard of any of them, except Prison Break.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV