Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2014, 07:25 AM

3,976 posts, read 4,998,768 times

Advertisements

The music for this show is spectacular...every show has at least one song, maybe a remake, that I just say WOW...loved it!

Yea, I knew that Bobby was not going to favor in all this...it was sad to see him go. I knew it though...

It IS going to get bloody and the body count is going to soar...I don't think Abel will kill Gemma, but I do think that he will tell his Daddy...and then with Unser learning more, I think her time is coming to an end. That would be REAL justice... she really is a horrible person. Oh, I like her character...but WOW!

I'm on pins and needles...I KNOW bad things are going to continue, but I just don't know HOW they're going to play out. The madness!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2014, 09:00 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,263,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesG73 View Post
I don't know about the rest of you hut it was a shock to see Happy cry. For 7 years he always had that same stone cold emotionless look. This was the 1st time I saw him show any emotion.

Agreed. That shocked me more than Bobby's death.

The music is awesome. My favorites are Katey's cover of "Preacher Man" and "Ruby Tuesday".

Old 11-06-2014, 10:00 AM

1,007 posts, read 1,122,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesG73 View Post
I don't know about the rest of you hut it was a shock to see Happy cry. For 7 years he always had that same stone cold emotionless look. This was the 1st time I saw him show any emotion.
This shocked me too. Probably the most shocking thing that happened. I expected Bobby to die before this, but it was still sad.

I am not sure having August arrested is such a good idea. But yeah, we are coming to the end so I expect things to escalate. I love it that Unser decided to keep it a secret that he discovered the lie about that Chinese guy and see what develops. I am looking forward to watching him uncover the truth. I agree about the soundtrack. Fabulous.

Gemma cracks me up with some of her comments. I will miss her.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:19 AM

3,976 posts, read 4,998,768 times
Yea, Happy crying WAS more shocking than Bobby's death...and I loved that he punched that guy in the face for running him off the road and turning his bike...classic!

Oh...and who else doesn't like that Franjola guy for their SoA session at the end of the episode??? They had one of these shows after the premier episode...I watched because Kurt Sutter, Charlie Hunnam and Katey Segal was on...THEY were interesting...but Franjola is just weird. Not a smooth host at all.

But then, after this last show, they had another talk show...and from here on out, I guess...and it was so awkward that I didn't even watch it. That is SO unlike me to just delete something SoA related...I wanted to see Mark Boone Junior but he seemed messed up or was trying to pull off...oh heck, I don't know what he was doing. After a couple of minutes, I deleted it.

Anybody else feel this way? If you watched, did I miss anything?

Old 11-06-2014, 11:53 AM

1,007 posts, read 1,122,482 times
No I did the same thing you did. After a few minutes of watching them switch chairs or whatever, I decided I was too tired for this. lol I think I still have it on the DVR though but yeah, I wasn't getting it.

Old 11-06-2014, 08:27 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,501,904 times
I've enjoyed the season so far but the 11/4 episode didn't work for me.

Notably:
- The camera work was noticeably awkward, especially for the opening scenes in Jemma's house (around her dining table) but it continued throughout. At times it was so bad that I was acutely aware of where the camera was. Wassup with that? Was it a directing issue or were all the camera operators out sick?
- As has been said here, once more Abel's performance and story line fell flat. The former is forgivable, the latter is not.
- Way too much emphasis on how gory and stinky dead bodies are.
- The Chibs and Althea sex scene was just flat-out gratuitous.
- Ditto the Juice "no pockets" scene.

Last 3 above makes me think this episode was written either by or for adolescent boys.
IMO there wasn't an emotionally sincere scene in this episode, possibly save Happy's breakdown. Jax's grieving over Bobby seemed forced. And burying Bobby in the back yard, with no funeral or music track? Contrast that with Opie's death.

Bummer.

Old 11-07-2014, 07:56 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,822,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
I've enjoyed the season so far but the 11/4 episode didn't work for me.

Notably:
- The camera work was noticeably awkward, especially for the opening scenes in Jemma's house (around her dining table) but it continued throughout. At times it was so bad that I was acutely aware of where the camera was. Wassup with that? Was it a directing issue or were all the camera operators out sick?
- As has been said here, once more Abel's performance and story line fell flat. The former is forgivable, the latter is not.
- Way too much emphasis on how gory and stinky dead bodies are.
- The Chibs and Althea sex scene was just flat-out gratuitous.
- Ditto the Juice "no pockets" scene.

Last 3 above makes me think this episode was written either by or for adolescent boys.
IMO there wasn't an emotionally sincere scene in this episode, possibly save Happy's breakdown. Jax's grieving over Bobby seemed forced. And burying Bobby in the back yard, with no funeral or music track? Contrast that with Opie's death.

Bummer.
I noticed the outside scenes for the last episode were extremely noisy, with traffic, airplanes, etc. It was distracting, like some cheap setup...where was their sound man with his directional mics?

Old 11-07-2014, 08:04 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,822,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
The music is awesome. My favorites are Katey's cover of "Preacher Man" and "Ruby Tuesday".
They have like a house band that does most of the music, with Katey Segal also contributing of course. My favorite was a very slow extended version of Sly Stone's "Everyday People". Several soundtracks are out there for purchase.

Old 11-10-2014, 01:26 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,149,029 times
I'm just starting to watch season 7. the first episode was rather predictable and as a result boring.
I kinda lost interest in this series when Clay lost the Presidency of the club.
I'm still watching but it has more to do with momentum than a real interest in the show.

Old 11-10-2014, 04:24 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,637,570 times
Very sad the way Bobby died after the horror he went through but I felt he was done with his pain...it is sad how so many main characters are dying so fast right now.

The next one is probably Jenna...just my guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV