Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 04:27 PM

1,322 posts, read 3,474,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
I don't watch because I'm not home during the day. But if there's something I don't like on TV, I simply change the channel or turn it off. Then it's irrelevant to me whether it's on the air or not. Clearly the fact that it's still on the air means that there are still people who are interested.

I'm not arrogant enough to expect all TV programming to reflect only my interests and beliefs, and no one else's. It's a big, wide world out there with lots of different viewpoints worthy of being represented.

Nicely said!.

Old 09-29-2014, 04:36 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
I've boycotted it for years. Too annoying. I will admit to watching the first day Rosie came back, in hopes she could stifle herself politically, but of course she could not. I don't know the conservative chick, but I was watching in hopes she might say something, but she didn't.

Old 09-29-2014, 04:42 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,665,015 times
My spouse dislikes it also. She really hated Joy so stopped watching a long time ago.

Old 09-29-2014, 04:54 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,894,540 times
Your reasoning would lead me to watch it rather than boycott it, but it's such a stupid show, I'm already boycotting it.

Old 09-29-2014, 05:24 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,309,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
It's a personality/opinion based show and people need to recognize that. I don't watch it because I don't care what they think and I know no one else who watches it. It's entertainment.

I personally wish people would boycott Fox News Network. Most of their shows are also opinion/personality based yet it's masquerading as news. Even when it is "news," too much of it is delivered based on inaccurate data. I don't watch it but the people I know who do are generally close minded, ill-informed, angry and paranoid.
Kind of like cnn, mnsbc, abc, huffington post etc.etc....

Old 09-29-2014, 05:32 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,728,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
All of those women up there make me sick . Ms Goldberg no one cares what you think about us Christians , we care for you as a lost soul , Ms O Donnel , everyone knows where you stand because you are always waving that flag by opening your mouth , ms perez we don't hear much about you so perhaps you should go back to acting or were you as they say a flash in the pan ? I think us of the Christian faith should boycott this show since Ms Goldberg likes to run us of the Christian faith down consistently . what say the rest of you ? do you still watch these people who seem to have an agenda in running the Christian faith down , I for one am tired of it and I want to see this show go off the air waves.

If you don't like it, don't watch!!! Be your own boycott!

I don't watch because I'm at work. However, if I was home and didn't like the opinions discussed by the women, I would simply change the channel. You must watch often since you seem to know them inside and out.

Old 09-29-2014, 05:56 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
I have never liked the view. too many people talking all at once. with that being said I did see today's show with the segment the op is referring. no none, not whoppie, neither ot the two rosie said anything disrespectful or downing of christians. the topic was a christian woman is rewriting harry potter without the magic and witches to make it more to her values. whoppie said she thought that was disrespectful to the author, a type of plagiarism. if she wanted her kids to read books with christian values there are entire bookstores and space in general bookstores that carry the books with christian value. no need to rewrite one that has already been written to suit your agenda. the other point she made was if you don't like the book don't let your kids read it. in no way did the show down christians. think the op as another poster suggested get a thicker skin, or learn to really listen to what people say not what you think they say.

Old 09-29-2014, 06:44 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,273,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I have never liked the view. too many people talking all at once. with that being said I did see today's show with the segment the op is referring. no none, not whoppie, neither ot the two rosie said anything disrespectful or downing of christians. the topic was a christian woman is rewriting harry potter without the magic and witches to make it more to her values. whoppie said she thought that was disrespectful to the author, a type of plagiarism. if she wanted her kids to read books with christian values there are entire bookstores and space in general bookstores that carry the books with christian value. no need to rewrite one that has already been written to suit your agenda. the other point she made was if you don't like the book don't let your kids read it. in no way did the show down christians. think the op as another poster suggested get a thicker skin, or learn to really listen to what people say not what you think they say.
Wow, is that what this is all about? In that case, I completely agree with Whoopi. Rewriting Harry Potter without magic and witches (I assume wizards)?? What the hell is the point? Basically that would be a book about a boy who is sent off to boarding school.

If this "author" who wants to appropriate HP wants Christian fiction, by all means she should write to her heart's content. But for God's sake (pun intended), have an original idea!

Old 09-29-2014, 06:59 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,277,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tottsieanna View Post
Kind of like cnn, mnsbc, abc, huffington post etc.etc....
Not even close.

Old 09-29-2014, 07:06 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,277,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Wow, is that what this is all about? In that case, I completely agree with Whoopi. Rewriting Harry Potter without magic and witches (I assume wizards)?? What the hell is the point? Basically that would be a book about a boy who is sent off to boarding school.

If this "author" who wants to appropriate HP wants Christian fiction, by all means she should write to her heart's content. But for God's sake (pun intended), have an original idea!

That woman should be sued by Rowly for plagerism is this is what is actually happening. Its like Weird Al Yank redoing songs in his own way. He always got the writers permission before doing so. Which is why he never covered any Prince songs, he never could get permission.

And seriously, just a kid at a boarding school? SNOOZZZZE. What is "Christian Fiction?" Any fiction w values or MUST IT refer to Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior?

I guess all sci-fi is "non Christian" then unless about "miracles" or "Armageddon." Interesting POV. . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV