Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 08:55 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,640,093 times

Advertisements

The ending of Broadchurch was my favorite part! Usually have things figured out but that was the shocker of all shockers for me. If they change the ending, don't think it will make it better but worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2014, 09:28 AM

364 posts, read 1,077,335 times
So what's the ultimate twist? I don't think Vince did it.

Is it Tom? Or is he just a ploy to throw us all off.

Could it be the ultimate twist of someone like Danny's mom???

Old 12-10-2014, 04:17 PM

17,387 posts, read 14,919,159 times
The only thing that I think they could do that would make sense with following the story this far is to make the murderer Vince's mom.

That would be dumb.. But it would be a total swerve. She could likely carry Danny's body.. She would have had access, perhaps, to the van, living with Vince.. But what is the motive? She surely wasn't the one they were chasing in the woods.

I think the shakeup might be that Tom killed him and Tom's dad (Drawing a blank on the name) covered it up and put the body on the beach and was at the house.

Old 12-10-2014, 04:26 PM

29,627 posts, read 34,098,587 times
FYI for those who haven't seen it and want to compare, Broadchurch will be available on Netflix streaming starting this weekend.

Old 12-11-2014, 10:49 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,148,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post

I think the shakeup might be that Tom killed him and Tom's dad (Drawing a blank on the name) covered it up and put the body on the beach and was at the house.
I have had that thought too. Well in just a few hours we will know.

Old 12-11-2014, 03:09 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,966,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddySpice View Post
Well, if you saw Broadchurch, then you know who done it, dontcha?
The producers for the US version have said that the ending will be different from the UK version.

Old 12-11-2014, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
The producers for the US version have said that the ending will be different from the UK version.
A different ending doesn't necessarily mean a different killer.

I agree.. I read it to mean that.. But.. These producers really seem to think they're slick.

Old 12-11-2014, 09:44 PM

Point of view. Technically.. The killer was different.. But the endgame was basically the same.

I'm still digesting it a bit as to whether I liked it or not.. Leaning towards not. Especially the final scene.. I liked that they reconnected Carver and his daughter at the end.. That was far better than Broadchurch which.. Didn't really even explore that relationship, other than a single phone call. I thought that gave his character more depth.

But.. That ending.. Take that out, and I think I would be more accepting of the altered outcome. The ending (not the endgame specifically) just sucked.

Long story short.. Tom killed him and his dad took the fall.. There's far more to it than that simple statement that i'll let others delve into.. And.. The show has aired, so.. No complaining about spoilers.. If you're west coast or delaying viewing, you shouldn't be reading a topic about it.

Old 12-11-2014, 10:35 PM

2,453 posts, read 3,574,808 times
Did Broadchurch end like that? Not knowing what Detective Carver did after he couldn't get Ellie to answer the phone? Or did my DVR cut out?

Old 12-12-2014, 07:06 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,595,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Roses View Post
Did Broadchurch end like that? Not knowing what Detective Carver did after he couldn't get Ellie to answer the phone? Or did my DVR cut out?
No, it had a bit more closure.

I thought it was a good twist on the original though I have very mixed feelings about Ellie's reaction to Tom's confession given the circumstances.

Overall, while I do still think some of the main characters could have been better cast, I think it definitely got better as it went along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV