Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 07:00 PM

17,585 posts, read 15,259,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
The addition of that teenaged boy during the end of The Facts of Life's run. I've forgotten his name because he was irrelevant.
Mackenzie Astin.. Half-Brother of Sean Astin.. Son of Patty Duke and John Astin (Yeah, Gomez Addams)

Sorry.. I'm a fountain of worthless trivia sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2014, 12:49 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwall View Post
I agree on the Cosby Show. It wasn't even the Cosby Show anymore. Why bother? Just because the parents were still around? I was almost embarrassed for them for how they prolonged it.

I am one of the few I guess who thought the Seinfeld finale was spot on. I mean, what else is there to do with a show like that?

Did you just dislike the new Becky on Roseanne? I thought there was too much Roseanne/Conners left to end it, just because the original Becky, left for them to cancel.
The Seinfeld finale was completely unrealistic and out of character when compared to the rest of the show. And, honestly, that entire episode was just not funny! They end up in jail for life? No way, come on...they could have written better.

Regarding Roseanne: the 2nd Becky was a horrible actress and, by the time she came around, the show barely resembled itself. Roseanne, at the end of its run, was nothing like the show that I fell in love with. So, everything was wrong with the last year or so of Roseanne.

Old 11-01-2014, 02:15 AM

4,857 posts, read 7,610,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
The Seinfeld finale was completely unrealistic...They end up in jail for life?

I thought they were all sentenced to one year. I could be wrong..I didn't like the finale and have only seen it once..I'm almost positive they didn't get life tho'.

Old 11-01-2014, 06:09 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,810,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
I thought they were all sentenced to one year. I could be wrong..I didn't like the finale and have only seen it once..I'm almost positive they didn't get life tho'.
Yes, it was a year.

And the characters were just as self centered and callous as they had always been LOL, but the jokes fell flat IMO.

Old 11-01-2014, 06:46 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,672,436 times
Charlie's Angels - When Farrah left after the first season
She was such a huge part of the show and had great chemistry with Jacklyn Smith & Kate Jackson. I felt Cheryl Ladd was a good choice to fill the role, considering that was a hard role to fill.

It was my fav show to watch in the 70s and without Farrah on the show, where would the inspiration come to keep my hair fluffy ! My friends and I spent alot of time trying to get the awesome Farrah hair ! There was no way we ever came close, but we keep on trying !
Love you Farrah !

Old 11-01-2014, 06:59 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Marcia Strassman recently died. I read that she wanted to leave the show.

Marcia Strassman dies at 66; actress starred in 'Welcome Back, Kotter' - LA Times
Bummer. The characters she played were something I turned to form my personalty on. Sort of like Bailey Quarters.

Back to the topic.

Crossing Jordan with no Jordan. I realize Jill was off on maternity leave at the time, but the name of the show is "Crossing Jordan" and I expected to see her character. No Jordan and the reason to watch soon disappeared.

Quincy when they turned from him solving cases to having each episode being a crusade.

Buffy being continued after it left the WB. When it became about real life and the nerds, I was practically crying. The last season may have been something great but the second to last season burned the bridge. I wasn't watching anymore.

Nurses 2nd season on. What was fun and intellectual first season was painful and a disaster from there on. Almost as complete a debauchery as Operation: Petticoat 2nd season.

Now, on a slightly different note, those shows that weren't sure they were going to get one more season like Voyager, Charmed, Babylon V? The open ended concluding episode they made, just in case, was wonderful! A find example of how to do things.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:23 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Yes, it was a year.

And the characters were just as self centered and callous as they had always been LOL, but the jokes fell flat IMO.

Thanks for the correction. Regardless, watching that episode felt like a life-sentence. LOL

Old 11-01-2014, 08:28 AM

4,512 posts, read 5,054,158 times
Worst decision- ANY reality show staying on the air, they are all garbage !

Old 11-03-2014, 01:36 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,301,087 times
George and Izzy on "Grey's Anatomy" starting an affair just totally ruined it for me. To me it jumped the shark and I quit watching it after that season.

"2-1/2 Men" turned Alan's character into an even bigger, unemployed sap, and the mother pretty much got axed from the show. I still watch it but...

The old 90's show, "LA Law", started getting outrageously ridiculous.

"Harry's Law" had a good first season but it changed it's office format radically.

Old 11-03-2014, 07:03 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,894,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
George and Izzy on "Grey's Anatomy" starting an affair just totally ruined it for me. To me it jumped the shark and I quit watching it after that season.
Did that happen after the Izzy/Denny mess? That's when I stopped watching.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV