Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2014, 10:08 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,398,487 times

Advertisements

Did anyone see this? The story of Hannah Kritzeck, a now 19-year-old primordial dwarf from White Bear Lake, MN? She was 18 at the time of the filming, I think.

Her mom is overprotective for obvious reasons. Primordial dwarfs are apparently prone to aneurysms, and she is a tiny young adult living in a big world.

But her mom is part of the emotional maturity and anger issues she has.

For example, Hannah threw a tantrum at the bowling alley because she couldn't find a ball with holes small enough to fit her fingers. She sulked and pouted. From a distance, anyone would assume they were looking at a toddler who needed a nap. Her mom turned to the camera and said something like, "She has to decide for herself to make that transition from child to adult, but inside she hasn't crossed over." (Those weren't the exact words, but they were close.)

I am thinking, are you sh****g me??
Earlier in the show, I kid you not, the mom said to her 18-year-old daughter, "Time to put on your jammies and go to bed now.". Okay, I am not even accustomed to being around a person like Hannah but even I realized how messed up that was. And I can see why this young lady is confused and wavers between the longings and desires of a normal young woman and childhood.

She should have treated her the way she would treat any normal 18-year-old who were to throw a tantrum in a public place - look at her like she had two heads and flat-out not put up with it. She should have been empowered growing up, and taught that she can do most anything anyone else can do, just in a different way. If she had been raised that way, she would either own her own custom ball, or have come up with a different way of bowling. Because she should be accepting of the fact that sometimes, when she goes to the bowling alley, they will not have a ball with the right size holes. She should be accustomed and well-prepared to handle those bumps in the road at her age. This has been her life for almost 20 years.

She should have also been taught as much independence as possible. But her mom has this fantasy that she is going to live next door to her. That's literally what she said.

I don't doubt her mom's love, but she also infuriated me. She is not prepared at all for the adult world. And I actually think it is a problem with too many people her age, dwarf or not.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2014, 08:33 PM

1 posts, read 16,633 times
I suggest you google her condition, a quick wikipedia explanation will show her brain doesn't develop at the rate of other typical adults her age....also, most people will be angry when faced with the things she's faced and premature death at age thirty, if not before. It would be very maddening to be forced to go to school when you should be retiring.

Old 12-30-2014, 09:48 PM

1 posts, read 16,320 times
Hanna is a sweet girl and it was amazing to see a girl like her be strong in life. I hope she can live a life with a family of her own. Some day I wish I could see her and if I do, not only will I be so happy, getting an autograph and photo, it would be an honor to hug her. I wish the best of luck in life for you Hannah.

Old 12-31-2014, 11:14 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,081,931 times
saw this last night. wish that little girl the best of luck, and I hope she enjoys life as best she can. Given her situation, that girl has every right to be a diva LOL. I'm so glad that guy showed up to her prom.

Old 01-28-2015, 09:40 AM

1 posts, read 14,571 times
What a complete BRAT! Not only did she get on my nerves but her mother did as well! And with that temper?? And she was wanting to know if she could have children?? Get real! And its no wonder that boy she had the crush on didn't want to take her to the prom.....it was her attitude....her HORRIBLE attitude! Bet he only showed up so people wouldn't put him down over it. And her mother??......OMG! is all I can say....oh, and besides that.......I hope she doesn't get the chance to mess up any other kids lives. NUT CASES!!....BOTH of them!

Ok, I have cleared my thoughts on the show. (MY opinion MY rights!) Anyone can feel free to bash my views, but please be advised.....I couldn't care less. And seriously doubt to come back to this site......unless I get pissed off again about another program! GOOD DAY!

Old 01-28-2015, 05:30 PM

4,712 posts, read 4,380,638 times
I saw the show a while ago, and I wasn't sure whether her voice was making me think she really was childish but now reading some of the comments, I think that while she seems to be a typical teenager, she is by nature of the syndrome/disease/disorder? quite immature and does not have full understanding. I think obviously she cannot help it- I think her intelligence is not in the normal range or she has some learning issues. I can see wanting her to be more grown up and at the same time, realizing that she is not a competent grown up and needs more guidance........so I guess I can understand her mother telling her to put on her jammies. It's a very frustrating experience I would guess.

Old 01-30-2015, 03:37 PM

1 posts, read 14,388 times
You guys are very judgemenral without probaby knowing the whole situation. She might not be as smart or level headed as the little couple who are a dr and businessman, but her her disorder might affect her brsin. She is not a dumb person and she has friends so she might nit be do bad. Her prom date was just a friend, he suppisedly had to eork but showed up later. I believe she went as a prom date to another boy with her condition but dont know if something happened to him, I was confused. I know she ssud she lost a friend to the same disorder not sure if it was tge guy she went to prom with.

Old 04-05-2015, 03:40 PM

1 posts, read 11,923 times
Thumbs down Glad to see I am not the only one!!

Bossy little bi-tch! Don't care who you are, she acted horrible towards her family and friends. She believes she can get away with it because of her condition but in the same breath she wants to be treated normal. Then miss bitchy prissy act like a lady instead of a bossy piece of trash!! I had to turn this off before half way through, because I couldn't tolorate her behavior any longer!! Ugh it was horrid!!

Old 04-06-2015, 01:02 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,066,216 times
No, and I don't intend to. WTH happened to TLC anyway?

Old 04-14-2015, 11:40 AM

2,525 posts, read 3,076,280 times
I can't believe Hannah's pediatrician tip-toed around the idea of Hannah's having a baby. Can you imagine? It would kill her. Get that girl on Norplant, STAT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV