Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 02:25 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,692,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
I watched, but I didn't know most of the songs and a lot of the singers nominated. I haven't listened to much "new country" in the past few years. Most of it seems too pop/rock to me. It's hard to differentiate between most of the male singers--except Luke Bryan (too nasal for my ears) and Jason Aldean.

Tim & Faith look sickly thin. Loved the bit directed at George Strait being when he just "rode away" last time. Was hoping Garth was going to perform. I FF through a lot of the show but didn't see if Garth sang.

Had never heard of Kasey Musgraves but saw her on that "15 country songs" special the other night. I really like her voice.
Faith looked awful! When they did a close- up shot of her she looked so old and her make- up was horrible.JMO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2014, 09:13 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
That crap was with the girl rapping to a line of marching band drummers was intolerable.
The first part was great - before Adrianna came out and started singing her BangBang song. I LOVED the drum line - they were awesome!

Old 11-07-2014, 10:01 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,080,364 times
yes faith hill is coming close to what my family used to call skeleton weight and my aunt still has some pictures of me like that and it scared me to think that I came that close to that point and I think someone close to her should maybe tell her that she is reaching that point . It is almost scary to see her like that .. and on mirandas haircut ugh !! I don't think short hair is flattering to her but hey to each his own . But it was a nice show despite the girl with the drumline ugh !!! .

Old 11-08-2014, 08:09 AM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
yes faith hill is coming close to what my family used to call skeleton weight and my aunt still has some pictures of me like that and it scared me to think that I came that close to that point and I think someone close to her should maybe tell her that she is reaching that point . It is almost scary to see her like that .
Oh good grief. Nonsense! She looks the same weight as she always has. This is her just a few months ago.
Faith Hill and Tim McGraw take in ‘Of Mice and Men’ | Page Six

This is her at the CMA's. There is NOTHING "skeletal" about her. Her arms looks great - muscular and toned.
Faith Hill Debuts A Pixie Cut At The CMA Awards

Faith Hill Shows Off Pixie Hairstyle at CMA Awards 2014: Photo - Us Weekly

She is 47 years old for crap's sake. She is aging. Her makeup was harsh, but she is still a beautiful woman and she looks very healthy.

Old 11-08-2014, 08:58 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,319,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
That crap was with the girl rapping to a line of marching band drummers was intolerable.
I didn't understand a single word she "sang". I have no clue if it was English or another language, to be honest. To think they made it seem like LBT had to be honored to sing with that wannabe, when she is the one who should be flattered to sing with them!

Old 11-08-2014, 08:32 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,184,960 times
I loved Brad & Carrie's 'dig' on Taylor Swift moving to NY and turning pop singer.

Old 11-09-2014, 08:59 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,409,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
I loved Brad & Carrie's 'dig' on Taylor Swift moving to NY and turning pop singer.
not familiar too much with these artist... i heard of them

can you give me a rundown on those taylor swift references underwood used.

i seen a clip on youtube but the jokes went over my head

Old 11-09-2014, 09:23 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,184,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
not familiar too much with these artist... i heard of them

can you give me a rundown on those taylor swift references underwood used.

i seen a clip on youtube but the jokes went over my head

It starts at 4:47 Taylor essentially has thumbed her nose to country and crossed over to pop which she was poppy anyway. She moved to NY after living there 6 months somebody made her the NY Ambassador offending A LOT of New Yorkers. She is donating half the profits of one song to NY city schools just not sitting well with country folks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVXqNw8pTrY

Old 11-10-2014, 10:49 AM

521 posts, read 869,487 times
Faith hill looks sickly to me. maybe she should quit skipping meals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV