Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2015, 10:40 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,507,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth_cali View Post
I'm not surprised about Andi and Josh breaking up, right after their public attendance at the live premiere episode of Chris' season. It was almost like smart Andi (being the attorney that she is or was) knew this was a way to get one last public appearance.

Anyhow, back to Chris' season, that onion/pomegranate girl was very odd. (think her name is Ashley). I don't even understand what she is talking about when she was referring to other girls as onions and layers peeling back. I don't think even she knew what she was talking about, then she picks a pomegranate. LOL! WOW! I think her and Tara are equally as bad choices, but for some reason I kind of think Tara's behavior is a little more excusable.

At this point, I think Britt is top runner but that's only based off the fact that she seemed to stand out in the most positive way thus far. I hope the google eye girl goes home if she hasn't already, she is just hard to look at, constantly bulging her eyes and she even mentioned that she was going out of her way to make sure her eyes were googling before she met with Chris.

Well all in all, not a shocking season to start with, a lot of girls that look alike for now. I didn't like the staggered entrance of the second half of the girls. That was just plain silly.
Yeah, if I were on the Bachelorette, I'm thinking 15 choices of men would be plenty. Surely you can find someone you click with out of 15, right?

I think Ashley was high, not drunk, during the onion thing, lol. She gets weird tonight too apparently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2015, 12:01 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,126,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I thought on Couples Therapy that Juan Pablo looked like the rational one and Nikki looked like a spoiled brat.
I agree. She really has a bad side if what we saw is evidenced of it. I did not like her personality at all.

Old 01-12-2015, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I have a question, regarding giving out the roses & the large amount of women. How does the Bachelor or Bachelorette remember the name of the people they're giving the rose out to? How can you possibly remember everyone's name & also align it w/their face? There's no way I could memorize all of that. I'm thinking that each rose has the person's name one it somewhere, maybe a small piece of tape on the stem? Lol, it's just something that I've wondered about ever since I started watching this. Of course in the later episodes when he's getting to know them & they've been whittled down, obviously he knows who he's talking about.
I have wondered that too. I think he picks out who he wants from their pics back stage, and someone whispers the names, and where they are standing in an ear mic.....Does anyone know for sure??

Old 01-12-2015, 12:11 PM

1,882 posts, read 2,249,908 times
Interesting he picked 13 out of the first 15 and 9 of the second 15.

Old 01-12-2015, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
How about the other tipsy (not quite 'Tara' drunk.. ) girl who was all like "There's an onion in that tree!" lmao
Yep..I cannot remember her name either....has a kinda crazy intense stare. I think she is the token crazy this season. I was surprised that he kept her.
I sort of like that California girl....She is so hippie acting, she might just love Iowa. And, Chris is a man....She is the prettiest one there for sure imo.....I'm curious to see how the other ladies treat her....specially after the rose and first kiss.....

Old 01-12-2015, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
To be fair, Chris does farm thousands of acres of corn/soybean in addition to having hog confinements. He's not primarily a hog farmer. But, hog confinements are awful and I would never have one on my land.

And as a farm owner I must say that in the modern world where many people commute to work, a farm wife has about as many options for work as does any person living in most places. If Chris's wife wants to work she can easily do what thousands of other farm women do: help run the farm (who do you think usually maintains the technology and accounting?), or have a home business, or e-commute, or drive to commute to a nearby city or town. (Kelsey is a school guidance councilor, which she could easily do in Chris's region.)

Which one was Ashley I again? I was thinking that since Britt said she didn't sleep with her most recent boyfriend maybe she's one of those "born again virgins".

For those who think the Bachelor is silly/awful, just don't watch it. How hard is that???
I am kind of getting a tickle out of all these "farm wife" generalizations....I have some experience with lengthy stays with inlaws during harvest....that farm cattle ranch and also friends that farm. I'll say this....If you haven't spent weeks on end, snuggled up on a tractor seat, or out having a picnic or just a drive across the fields with someone you adore.....you are missing some great togetherness. Give me a loving farmer over a corporate type any day!

Old 01-12-2015, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I am very proud to announce that the gray matter between my ears has not atrophied to the point where I consider a bunch of self-absorbed cookie cutter Ken and Barbie muppets prancing on some corporately-contrived Mickey Mouse TV contest to be valued entertainment, much less a non-idiotic way to find a spouse. Nineteen times wasn't yet sufficient for people to see that this drivel is all the same and ends pathetically?...
Why are you here in this topic then?? Curiosity?? Which of course negates your whole sch-peel. LOL

Old 01-12-2015, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Well we won't be seeing a marriage from Andi and Josh since they broke up.
I thought this article from "The Stir" was interesting....
New Rumor About Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray's Breakup Will Make Your Head Spin | The Stir

Old 01-12-2015, 12:45 PM

15,546 posts, read 11,951,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Yeah, if I were on the Bachelorette, I'm thinking 15 choices of men would be plenty. Surely you can find someone you click with out of 15, right?
I don't know. Sometimes when I'm watching the first episode of a Bachelorette season there's about 15 guys that I would reject before they even set foot in the mansion.

Old 01-12-2015, 01:00 PM

15,546 posts, read 11,951,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I thought this article from "The Stir" was interesting....
New Rumor About Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray's Breakup Will Make Your Head Spin | The Stir
I don't see Josh being the Bachelor next year. Its too far away and come May there will be 25+ new guys hoping to be the next Bachelor. Those guys will be fresh in the fans' minds and be the ones they want to see more of. Josh is no Emily Maynard. He does not have the back story, nor does he have the fan base, to come back as a lead after "winning" a season.

Not that I don't believe the article. His twitter and instagram pages were always filled with endorsement deals for some diet/exercise product. And he definitely seems to have the ego to believe that he could be the next Bachelor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV