Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 08:29 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,714 times

Advertisements

Hey Katheryn!

You beat me on starting a thread. Saw both seasons while I was home sick. I highly recommend this show. It's dark, disturbing and keeps you guessing at every turn. Overall it's brilliant!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2017, 09:34 AM

4,790 posts, read 10,611,895 times
We are watching from DVR...did not see the first 'series', as I think the current batch is 2nd series but stand alone.

Very good writing, though the time jumps are sometimes confusing, as are the wife and MP girlfriend both of whom look very similar in current time and past time.

Still confused on what woman burned herself up, as the big eyed woman showed up in Switzerland.

The Baptiste character is very well done...

We do use closed captioning when watching so we don't have to concentrate so intently on the speaking parts and what is being said. Very good program series, imo.
GL, mD

Old 03-20-2017, 08:44 PM

604 posts, read 839,708 times
Just watched season 1. Great show. It reminds me of The Killing. Both are very emotional shows. I also like Tcheky Karyo. Great actor and great role.

Old 03-22-2017, 06:45 AM

604 posts, read 839,708 times
Watched 3 episodes of Season 2. Really intriguing.

Anyone else notice how the actors on many BBC shows look like regular people? American TV actors tend to be more attractive than most people and don't look like regular people.

Old 04-06-2017, 02:26 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,072,703 times
Just came on C-D to check to see if there was a thread on this show ... should have known KA would revive it a few weeks ago! I love, love, love so many BBC shows.

Just finished watching the first episode of the first season. It's so, so hard to watch. The scene with the father realizing his son was gone was heartbreaking ... I felt myself start to panic FOR him. And the very end of the first episode, when we see the picture on the basement wall -- .

Will be watching the rest of this season probably over the next few days, although it is such an emotion-filled show that I suspect I will have to take lots of breaks.

I'm glad there is a thread, although unfortunately binge-watching and time-shifting have really made "talking" online about shows difficult, since everyone seems to be at a different point!

Old 04-08-2017, 06:22 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Oh, I'm so glad you're watching it.

I loved Season 1 but Season 2 is even better - well, it was to me because of the setting perhaps. Let's just say I could really, really relate to a lot of it.

The acting and character development in this series are both TERRIFIC. Some of the best out there.

Old 04-08-2017, 08:41 AM

1,236 posts, read 1,399,496 times
Just finished Season 2 a couple of weeks ago. Man, oh man!! This show is simply amaaaazing! I love British crime dramas overall, but this one is really something special. Season 2 definitely topped Season 1 for me!

Old 04-08-2017, 08:47 AM

4,790 posts, read 10,611,895 times
We finished Season 2 via DVR and are now nearly through Season 1 via On Demand...we thought S 2 was some of the best stuff we have seen in a long time, (right up there with The Tunnel et al), and S 1 is very good, too.

Tchéky Karyo is a helluva actor, as are most of the other actors. The orbiting in of more plot, narratives, and back stories as each series progresses is very, very well done, imo.
GL, mD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV