Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 02:26 PM

282 posts, read 219,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post

Turkey Necks

Pigs Feet

Pig Tails

Veal Liver

Pork Liver Mommy! Mommy! Don't make me eat it.
I am more shocked they also sell it here. In my country it's 'normal'. Foie gras is NOT the ONLY good liver to eat ya know. And instead of turkey, (I actually don't think we have turkey) we have chicken neck barbecue. YUM.

In my country this is really popular:

I myself spread it on a sandwich for my snack. Really good.

I only watch this show coz I can't believe Kirsten Dunst made herself fat for this role. Come to think of it though, all the actors gained weight for their roles.

So they are like saying diet is definitely not a fad in the 70s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2015, 02:35 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,227,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
Guess I am late to this......

Just watched about the first 20 minutes of S1E1. Not for me.......... Kind of stupid IMHO.
First, you might give it a longer try. But if it still doesn't work for you, so be it.

I will say, IMHO, this is one of the best shows on TV. And Season Two is even better than season one. It's one of the very few shows my wife & I both watch, and watch live (well, give it 15 minutes so I can zoom thru the commercials). It's like S1 of True Detective, but with a real story (don't even talk about TD-S2).

But there is nothing stupid about this show. It is well-written, incredibly well cast, moves at a rapid pace, beautifully filmed, etc etc. If you check the fan critic ratings site (AVClub), which is brutally honest in its appraisal of shows, most episodes end up an A or A+. And that's *very* rare.

Old 11-12-2015, 02:38 PM

22,913 posts, read 28,245,835 times
It is easily one of the best shows on TV.

That said ... I'm still not digging Season 2 as much as Season 1. Don't get me wrong. It's still very, very good. But none of the characters in Season 2 have grabbed me like they did in Season 1.

Old 11-12-2015, 06:36 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,803,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
Otherwise great hunting scene was ruined with CGI blood.

Nonetheless, Fargo is reaching Breaking Bad good.
Yes, that pretty much says it all. Writing, acting, cinematography, production - everything about this series is as good as it gets.

Did anyone else notice the name on the shop the store behind Lou when he arrives in the street in front of the smoldering ruins of the butcher shop?

MIKE ZOSS

That's also the name of the pharmacy down on the Mexican border in Texas where Anton Chigurh in No Country for Old Men steals the supplies he uses to treat his wounds. And it's also the name of the Coen brother's production company, as well as the name of the drug store where they hung out while growing up in Minnesota.

Old 11-13-2015, 03:11 AM

17,633 posts, read 22,624,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
^^haha yeah. The butcher shop scene was really interesting. Made the episode.
Ed, the Butcher, has some real Skills.....

Old 11-13-2015, 10:03 PM

369 posts, read 374,345 times
I'm not sure if I like this season as much as season one. However, it seems like it is getting better with each episode and since things are really heating up, it seems that the next episode as of the day of me posting this will be pretty interesting.

I like Fargo's satirical or something humor. It has a certain humor that you have to be able to get, I think.

I don't think any of the characters this season stand out as much as Lester and Malvo in season one. I was kind of hoping the guy that got hit with the car would be the new Lester lol. Ah well. All that being said, I do like the Milligan character (well, all of them, but Milligan stands out).

Old 11-14-2015, 08:44 AM

4,361 posts, read 6,527,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lucas View Post
I'm not sure if I like this season as much as season one. However, it seems like it is getting better with each episode and since things are really heating up, it seems that the next episode as of the day of me posting this will be pretty interesting.

I like Fargo's satirical or something humor. It has a certain humor that you have to be able to get, I think.

I don't think any of the characters this season stand out as much as Lester and Malvo in season one. I was kind of hoping the guy that got hit with the car would be the new Lester lol. Ah well. All that being said, I do like the Milligan character (well, all of them, but Milligan stands out).
They were magic in that first season. One does not duplicate magic at the drop of a hat. That said, it's apples and oranges different but every bit as good. Gotta go with the flow

Old 11-14-2015, 04:13 PM

2,430 posts, read 5,577,065 times
It did take me more than 1 episode to finally get into this season, but glad that I stuck it out. I was SO confused after the first 2 eps, but now I'm clear on who's who and what's what. Jean Smart is awesome! Totally didn't recognize her at first. I also wasn't' sure who to root for or who were they going to take all the way through the series, but now I can't wait to see what will become of Ed and Peggy -- how long can they last?

Speaking of them, poor Ed was just the coverup guy and didn't kill anyone (well, until recently), but I guess the Butcher of Nuverne sounds a lot deadlier than the Hairdresser of Nuverne, as far as hit man monikers go.

And I think I cracked the code of why all the bread -- there're telling us through an anagram that Baking Bread = Breaking Bad, in level of a quality TV series.

Old 11-14-2015, 07:13 PM

369 posts, read 374,345 times
Yeah. I'm surprised the family that wants the butcher dead isn't wondering why (or how) the murder happened in the first place. Not to say that it would stop them from wanting revenge since I suppose a lot of mafia-type families wouldn't care if it was an accident, but still. You would think they would know better than to think that some random butcher out of the blue wanted to hit their relative with a car.

In any case, I'm digging it. It's getting more exciting. And even though both groups (Milligan's and the family) aren't that great, I guess I was kinda pulling for the family when they got them back after the guy threatened the mother and the family.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:04 PM

4,361 posts, read 6,527,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinx View Post
Speaking of them, poor Ed was just the coverup guy and didn't kill anyone (well, until recently), but I guess the Butcher of Nuverne sounds a lot deadlier than the Hairdresser of Nuverne, as far as hit man monikers go.

And I think I cracked the code of why all the bread -- there're telling us through an anagram that Baking Bread = Breaking Bad, in level of a quality TV series.
Ed did do off Rye as he had survived the auto impalement, so unwilling yes but also a killer. Peggy has yet to "pull the trigger" on anyone beyond ignoring the obvious.

Could be on to something there with Baking Bread...??

What is to come of the UFOs and who's side will they be on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV