Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 10:24 AM

3,138 posts, read 2,779,947 times

Advertisements

I saw on the news today the nominees for the 2015 Golden Globe Awards.

I used to love watching these awards shows.

It was always exciting to see new and upcoming faces (and even steady, older faces) win awards.

However, over the past few years, my interest has gone from a waxing and waning one, to a new, complete halt. I feel like the same actors, directors, producers, shows, etc, are nominated every year. And sometimes they win almost every year.

Anyone else feel the same? What happened to variety? Why are the same people winning over and over again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 10:40 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
I don't recall seeing the same actors or directors nominated year after year. Do they get nominated for more than one award show, like Jared Leto last year? Sure, but I don't see the same recurring people getting nominated. Unless you're talking about television. The same shows do seem to be nominated a few years in a row.

Old 12-11-2014, 12:36 PM

1,632 posts, read 1,849,887 times
I'm not much of a movie goer , but I like to see those award shows , I think Cumberbatch is a good actor , I'd love to see Jennifer Anderson win something just to show that horrid Jolie woman who thinks who the hell she is .

Old 12-11-2014, 12:40 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,856,591 times
Modern Family seems to get a lot of awards every year. I hate that show. It insists upon itself. I also don't understand the constant nomination of Meryl Streep.

Old 12-11-2014, 12:48 PM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post

It was always exciting to see new and upcoming faces (and even steady, older faces) win awards.

However, over the past few years, my interest has gone from a waxing and waning one, to a new, complete halt. I feel like the same actors, directors, producers, shows, etc, are nominated every year. And sometimes they win almost every year.

Anyone else feel the same? What happened to variety? Why are the same people winning over and over again?
What bugs me is the movie actors getting TV awards. It's like they come to TV to get an award and everyone falls all over them. I don't watch them anymore, either.

Look at the TV actor nominees:

Best Actor in a TV Series, Drama: Kevin Spacey, Clive Owen, James Spader, Dominic West, Liev Schreiber

Best Supporting Actor in a TV Series, Mini Series or Movie: Bill Murray, Jon Voight, Alan Cumming, Matt Bomer, Colin Hanks

Best Actor in A TV Movie: Matthew McConaughy, Woody Harrelson, Billy Bob Thornton, Mark Ruffalo

Actresses nominated for TV: Jessica Lange, Kathy Bates, Frances McDormand, Maggie Gyllenhal

Why bother to watch?

Last edited by LauraC; 12-11-2014 at 01:00 PM..

Old 12-11-2014, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
Modern Family seems to get a lot of awards every year. I hate that show. It insists upon itself. I also don't understand the constant nomination of Meryl Streep.
I hate modern family too, I'd like to have seen Big Bang get something, but nothing this time , don't know why Queen Streep keeps getting nominated, she looks the same everything she's in , seen one seen them all.

Old 12-11-2014, 01:07 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Lol Streep keeps getting nominated because she keeps getting roles in liberal Hollyweird.

Wait til her latest is released-- she plays a "Mrs. Smith goes to Washington" type who "takes on" the NRA. Word is that she got plenty of coaching from certain members of Congress, too.

Old 12-11-2014, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Lol Streep keeps getting nominated because she keeps getting roles in liberal Hollyweird.

Wait til her latest is released-- she plays a "Mrs. Smith goes to Washington" type who "takes on" the NRA. Word is that she got plenty of coaching from certain members of Congress, too.
Funny how Hollywood liberals keep closed mouth about gun control , they'd have to refuse rolls that require gun use even Pierce Morgan couldn't drag it out of his Guests .

Old 12-11-2014, 02:36 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,449,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post

Yeah I can't believe why Amy Adams always get nominated. I never was impressed by her performance nor her looks. It really is a mystery to me why she and Scarlet Jo always get cast for movies.

Old 12-11-2014, 02:38 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,449,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
Well she CAN act!!! Amy Adams can't. So why is she always nominated every freaking year?!!! I think she won last year. WTF!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV