Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 02:19 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,138,331 times

Advertisements

They said in this last episode that the "birthing right" would commence in two weeks. So I figure however many get preggers, that will be the number of others who will be spaced. Or after seeing how many babies stay alive for a certain amount of time.

I see Stokes did not get euthanized. He's one angry dude! I wonder why just because the XO got the job Stokes wanted, why he was unable to "claim" Dwight as his child?

I don't think Ike had anything to do with anything.

Gil Bellows' character is a fruit loop! That seahorse necklace he gave his wife and telling her to keep it on while they had sex, ugh! We know who he's fantasizing about. He used to be so cute when he was on Ally McBeal!!

What are they trying to do to Christa? Calm down her physical abilities? Erase her memories? Sounds like she was "engineered" like the guy back in '83 was it?

I started watching because it was only a 3 day event but now I want more!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2014, 02:43 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,809,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick5575 View Post
Many people didnt like the twist, I however, did. looking forward to the finally tonight
Great twist, I was highly amused. I'll be watching the rest with my own twist of cynicism...

Old 12-17-2014, 03:54 PM

2,076 posts, read 1,595,494 times
The big plot twist really upped the stakes and made things more interesting, as far as I'm concerned, not to mention more dramatic.

I do hope that Dr. Bryce gets her seahorse necklace back eventually. Enzmann is seriously morally compromised, in my opinion.

Watching a rerun of the first night, Christa's mother is actually mentioned in the present tense (and appears, though not with her). So it's just the father that's missing from the picture; and I don't think that she could have had the same father as Lorelei, since Lorelai's father died when she was a baby and Lorelei was older than Christa.

Old 12-17-2014, 09:18 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,017,383 times
That finale blew my mind. Went in a direction I didn't really expect.

From the first episode, this show has had a lot of twists. I hope they keep it going.

Old 12-17-2014, 09:24 PM

2,076 posts, read 1,595,494 times
They better bring the show back; to leave it like that - ow. Not fair!

Old 12-17-2014, 11:16 PM

16,403 posts, read 8,482,652 times
I enjoy science fiction, but not this show. It is so unrealistic in so many different areas, especially considering the time period they would have supposedly launched.
They also throw in the typical liberal themes which are annoying, and I am sure a homosexual is not far off if the show returns.

As is the case with far too many shows produced by cable networks, way too many gaps are unexplained, such as the show Helix. To me it all seemed to start when Lost was a hit, and they threw everything and the kitchen sink into stories, but later never tied them into anything, nor were they ever explained.
I was actually hoping the show would end after a while, which is not a good sign for a series.

Old 12-18-2014, 07:10 AM

87 posts, read 490,178 times
Although I did enjoy the "twist" for what it was (that was a surprise), IMO Ascension is neither good science nor good fiction (to paraphrase Sheldon). So many plot holes and inconsistencies, scientific and otherwise, made it difficult to take seriously on any level.

This show had an amazingly original and potentially fascinating premise (for US television) that was almost immediately knocked off track by the discovery of a murdered half-naked young woman to open the series. Another "here we go again" moment...Lost in Space meets CSI...camp meets cop.

I do wonder if it was intentionally tongue-in-cheek camp - or not.

Old 12-18-2014, 02:04 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,138,331 times
Whoa, I didn't see that one coming, Eva being a bad guy! I was liking Krueger. Glad Warren "had an accident". WTH did Gault land up? Mars? There HAS TO BE MORE!!

Old 12-18-2014, 03:06 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,809,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina14 View Post
They better bring the show back; to leave it like that - ow. Not fair!
It would be a crime of conscience to leave them stranded in 'some unknown' space, not to mention the loss of scientific reseach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Whoa, I didn't see that one coming, Eva being a bad guy! I was liking Krueger. Glad Warren "had an accident". WTH did Gault land up? Mars? There HAS TO BE MORE!!
A discovery of principles of teleportation. So where did he land... on a foreign body, a desert island, or a lower deck?

And 'Don't mess with Crista'

Old 12-19-2014, 07:01 AM

29,188 posts, read 14,465,656 times
Recorded the episodes, looking forward to watching them this weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV