Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 12:25 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,262,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
However, this show's ratings have been increasing year to year...no where near hanging on by a thread
The only reason it has decent ratings is becuase it airs in time slots with no competing shows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2014, 12:53 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,758,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
The only reason it has decent ratings is becuase it airs in time slots with no competing shows.

oh really Must disagree. This show could go up against any show and win in the ratings.

Old 12-24-2014, 01:16 PM

4,792 posts, read 8,171,970 times
I think the Friday slot is a big plus compared to whenever following some Sunday sporting event.

Old 12-24-2014, 01:17 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,262,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
oh really Must disagree. This show could go up against any show and win in the ratings.
I shouldn't have said it's the only reason. But it is a major factor.

How did TAR do when it was up against Lost?

Also, I'm not saying it wouldntt do well against other shows. My point is that it tends to be scheduled in time slots that don't offer much competition. When you come on at the whim of football games ending times, the start time is different every week. No other programs do that. When that happens, the only people watching are loyal viewers.

Old 12-24-2014, 06:38 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,758,365 times
Quote:

Also, I'm not saying it wouldntt do well against other shows. My point is that it tends to be scheduled in time slots that don't offer much competition. When you come on at the whim of football games ending times, the start time is different every week. No other programs do that. When that happens, the only people watching are loyal viewers.

and there are millions of those

Old 12-24-2014, 06:46 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,352,130 times
I am pretty sure I heard Phil say in the preview to the next season that 5 of the couples would be meeting for the first time, sort of like the ultimate blind date.

Old 12-26-2014, 08:08 AM

1,039 posts, read 1,542,440 times
This should be interesting, i'm looking forward to it. Sometimes its good to switch it up a bit. And I think they decided to do it if people wanting to be on the show actually write in about it meaning there have been alot of requests to do a spin on the show. We will see how it works out.

Old 12-28-2014, 12:57 AM

2,029 posts, read 4,029,152 times
Quote:

I don't remember it going up against Lost. Was that a one time thing? I know it's been almost five years since Lost ended but I don't remember Lost being on Sunday nights. I could have sworn TAR has always been on Sundays till this season. And I remember Lost being on in the middle of the week.

Old 12-28-2014, 09:41 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,146,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouijeewoman View Post
I don't remember it going up against Lost. Was that a one time thing? I know it's been almost five years since Lost ended but I don't remember Lost being on Sunday nights. I could have sworn TAR has always been on Sundays till this season. And I remember Lost being on in the middle of the week.
To the best of my recollection, you are right, ouijee. That is how I remember too.

Old 12-28-2014, 10:39 PM

2,029 posts, read 4,029,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
To the best of my recollection, you are right, ouijee. That is how I remember too.
I'm glad someone else remembers the same thing! I was worried there for a second that the old memory was starting to slip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV