Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 08:42 AM

1,158 posts, read 1,736,138 times

Advertisements

Doogie Howser MD and Evening Shade. These shows were popular when I was in college in the late 80's and early 90's. I'm glad that Antenna TV is now available in San Antonio as well as Me-TV. But I can't stand Mr. Ed, Bewitched, and I Dream of Jeannie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 09:02 AM

19,695 posts, read 20,218,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69GSstage1 View Post
Doogie Howser MD and Evening Shade. These shows were popular when I was in college in the late 80's and early 90's. I'm glad that Antenna TV is now available in San Antonio as well as Me-TV. But I can't stand Mr. Ed, Bewitched, and I Dream of Jeannie.
Oh God, you can say that again! Seems like they're ALWAYS on, too.

Old 02-18-2015, 09:19 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,989,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Oh God, you can say that again! Seems like they're ALWAYS on, too.
I can deal with IDOJ but I hate watching "Bewitched" since it's too cartoonish

Old 02-25-2015, 10:13 AM

Received word from my friend at sitcoms online. Com that the show "one day at a time" will be starting on Antenna TV in the month of April.

Times and dates have not been set yet

Old 02-25-2015, 08:37 PM

7,074 posts, read 8,933,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofford View Post
not as good as the first Bob Newhart show.
I always liked the first Bob Newhart show much better, a lot of people did not realize that Carol the receptionist did the voice of Edna Krabappel on the Simpsons until she died. And the dentist who's real name was Peter Bonerz.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
I always liked the first Bob Newhart show much better, a lot of people did not realize that Carol the receptionist did the voice of Edna Krabappel on the Simpsons until she died. And the dentist who's real name was Peter Bonerz.
Yes the first Bob Newhart show was a lot better and wish it came on instead of the 2nd show. Newhart just has too many goofy characters for me to watch on a daily basis.

Old 02-25-2015, 11:31 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,889,603 times
I was ticked when they took Adam-12 off.

Old 02-26-2015, 12:01 AM

3,320 posts, read 4,126,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
The characters on the first show seem more real and believable, whereas most the characters on the second show are more fake and unbelievable, altho they can be funny and entertaining at times. Tom Postman does OK as George the handyman, and I actually like Mary Frann who plays his wife Joanna as much or more than his first wife, the ball-busting Emily. The annoying yuppie couple, Michael and Stephanie, work much better than the couple they replaced, I liked the episode where Michael lost his job at the station and went on the skids, and one where Michael and Stephane were going to break up, because she was such a demanding 80's succubus. I liked the one where George did not want to be friends with Stephane anymore for being a succubus. She gets the viewer engaged in hopes she will get taken down a notch whenever possible, lol.

The episodes are hit and miss, some OK, some pretty lame. I've missed several episodes because our local station preempts Antenna TV programming for basketball games once or twice a week. I'm afraid because it was not as popular as the first show, once they show all the episodes they may not repeat them again and will replace it with another show.

Some similarities with both Newhart shows, many of the supporting characters are dim witted, flip, leechy, and take time to grow on you. The first set of characters grow on you much faster, altho I think of Howard the airline navigator as more in line with the fake and unbelievable characters on the second show.

Old 02-26-2015, 10:34 AM

19,695 posts, read 20,218,442 times
The Jeffersons are movin on up to Antenna-TV in April. - Speaking of moving on up tho, there was a Doogie Howser marathon on recently. He had a 90s style bachelor pad loft (with an elevator!) in the city and was dating some grown-ass woman who worked at his hospital. I totally don't remember any of that stuff happening, lol... Wow. They even added a drum loop to the theme song..lol

Old 02-26-2015, 05:08 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,310,150 times
If the schedule somehow coincides with my availability...if not then I will just switch channels until I find shows that I enjoy.

Carol Burnett and Friends
Mystery Movie
Newhart
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV