Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 11:28 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,460,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabinFever View Post

Are you speaking of Hee-Haw?

.......and we have a winner!!

Thanks...that's it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2006, 12:23 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,327,240 times
Well, I remember all the shows you've all (see-caught myself) mentioned, but my favorite shows were American Bandstand--first time I saw Bobby Darin on there I was in love! The Donna Reed Show. Favorite episode--when Mary Stone (aka Shelley Fabares) sang Johnny Angel. Of course I can't leave out The Ed Sullivan Show. Watched it every Sunday night. Will never forget the first time the Beatles appeared!
There are more, but right now I have to get back to my laundry.

Old 11-04-2006, 12:39 PM

Location: Georgia.I rather be in GODS country Tennessee.Everybody knows Gods a VOLS fan.
597 posts, read 2,076,999 times
I use to love the HoneyMooners.Does anybody remember that game show with Groucho Marx?I think it was called"You Bet Your Life".Groucho was always good for a laugh.

Old 11-04-2006, 12:52 PM

571 posts, read 2,523,745 times
I think my favorite past TV show would have to be Northern Exposre. I have season 1 on DVD and will soon buy the others! It was just such a cool, quirky and smart show.

As you might guess from my postings on another thread, my favorite currnet show is LOST. Just keeps me guessing every week!

I also have to admit I'm somewhat of a reality TV junkie. Survivor is getting kind of old now, but I still watch. I also love the Amazing Race, American Idol and (sadly) the Apprentice. I do try to stay away from the cheesy dating shows at least (the bachelor, etc.) *sigh* Gotta have some standards, lol.

My favorite TV show from when I was a kid is Little House on the Prairie. I actually own seaons 1-5 on DVD.

Old 11-04-2006, 01:26 PM

Okay--laundry break.
Almost forgot The **** van **** Show--still one of my favorites and My 3 Sons.
When my kids were little, I worked nights, but I was home on Saturday nights to watch The Carol Burnette Show. It was so funny. I also liked The Sonny and Cher Show, MASH and we always watched Kate and Allie.

Old 11-04-2006, 01:37 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,316,321 times
D. Van D. was an awesome show, so were Mary Tyler Moore, Rhoda and The Bob Newhart show (the original). When they were on Nick @ Nite, I watched them obsessively, I must've seen all of them a hundred times. (I secretly wished I could be Mary Tyler Moore and have her life when I was about 19....shhh!)

I found a few new shows I love. I've already mentioned Extreme Home Makeovers but a few others I've been watching on Discovery are Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe and Mythbusters. Not only are they entertaining, they are educational at the same time. I just saw one today on Dirty Jobs regarding how to fix the fuel bladder of a C135 military plane which provides fuel to B52 Bombers (it even showed how the bomber "pulls up" to the fuel plane in mid-air to refuel)....pretty interesting and I definitely respect the people who do these dirty jobs for us.

Old 11-04-2006, 02:05 PM

One more from when I was a kid--The Mickey Mouse Club!
I especially liked the Spin and Marty series.

Old 11-04-2006, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammy164 View Post
Well, I remember all the shows you've all (see-caught myself) mentioned, but my favorite shows were American Bandstand--first time I saw Bobby Darin on there I was in love! The Donna Reed Show. Favorite episode--when Mary Stone (aka Shelley Fabares) sang Johnny Angel. Of course I can't leave out The Ed Sullivan Show. Watched it every Sunday night. Will never forget the first time the Beatles appeared!
There are more, but right now I have to get back to my laundry.
You sound so much like my mom it cracks me up? You don't have to tell me your age, but as a hint for me, were you in or close to high school when JFK got shot? She was, you sound like you're from the same era (I like that).

Old 11-04-2006, 02:22 PM

I was in the 5th grade when JFK was shot. In fact--we were living in Jersey at the time.
I have to tell you--I was talking to my daughter today and I was actually telling her about you guys with your 80s trends. Reading everything you've been writing on here reminds me so much of my girls. I told my youngest she really would have enjoyed the conversation. She would have had to admit that her bedroom walls were lined with Michael Jackson posters!

Old 11-04-2006, 02:25 PM

My mom is (was) a little older than you then, but that's okay, I love talking to people who can relate to when my parents were growing up...it seemed like such a nice time for everybody and even more innocent than when I was growing up!!! Tell your daughters to join here then, I'm sure we'll have even MORE stuff to bring up in the forum, the more the merrier!!! (By the way, I stopped liking MJ when he started to become a "white" guy... LOL).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV