Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 08:01 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,814,067 times

Advertisements

Last episode... Oh man, that was so sweet...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2015, 05:59 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,562,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
I turned it off after 15 minutes ... I felt they were trying wayyy too hard. Does every line need to be witty? Every statement needs a comeback? The banter wasn't funny enough to sustain my interest.
my sentiments exactly

they're trying way too hard I think, House was cute for quite a few seasons, this just feels forced and cutesy for cutesy sake.

both t.v. and movie people are out of ideas apparently

Old 02-01-2015, 07:11 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,280,085 times
I tried to power through the second episode but I just can't do it. I'm sick of shows where the main character is angry and hates the world, yet portrayed as always being right. When did our society start praising people who treat others like garbage? I know it's just TV but he grates on me too much.

Old 02-01-2015, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
I tried to power through the second episode but I just can't do it. I'm sick of shows where the main character is angry and hates the world, yet portrayed as always being right. When did our society start praising people who treat others like garbage? I know it's just TV but he grates on me too much.
The writers must have had you in mind for that second episode where Backstrom admits he might have been wrong, and endorsed the goal of the young protege.

And the end was just sweet.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:41 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,492,874 times
Finally caught a rerun of Backstrom last night. I enjoyed it but it's not a must-see, and unfortunately The Blacklist is changing nights and scheduled against this show and TB is a must-see. At least I'll have something amusing to watch when TB is in reruns.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:48 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,280,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temp43k View Post
The writers must have had you in mind for that second episode where Backstrom admits he might have been wrong, and endorsed the goal of the young protege.

And the end was just sweet.
Unless I can actually make it to the end, I'll never know! I ended up watching Agent Carter instead. Thank heavens for On Demand.

Old 02-02-2015, 06:45 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,268,503 times
I watched the first episode. It really felt like I had seen it all before and I found myself bored. I didn't watch the second episode. I was disappointed because I thought it sounded like an interesting show from the commercials.

Old 02-04-2015, 11:32 AM

3,983 posts, read 5,015,433 times
Some of you have compared Backstrom to House...which was a comparison that I also made. But do none of you remember the first episodes in the first season? EVERY episode had to explain to us that House was a malcontent...they drilled it into our heads that he is in pain and he's hardly ever wrong. I LOVED House...and always will but like I said, the first episodes seem VERY similar to Backstrom because they're finding their footing.

I really enjoyed the show. I like the quick banter and the funny comebacks. I like the actors and the setting and the dynamic between the characters. After two shows, I see some real potential. For those of you who got bored or didn't like it, I certainly hope the network doesn't listen to YOU!

Oh and I don't think it's a matter of praising people who treat others like garbage...it's about a highly flawed individual who has some real skill at his profession and it's his journey. Either you can identify with the journey or you can't...IDK...

Old 02-05-2015, 12:12 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,185,549 times
This show feels like it's in conflict with itself. At some point they clearly wanted to focus on being a serious show that deals with issues of corruption, addiction, etc but then they decided to make a comedy instead, without removing the elements of corruption and all that. So what they made was a goofy cop comedy with out-of-place elements every 10 or 15 minutes to take you out of the show.

Old 02-05-2015, 02:05 PM

I'm probably older than the character of 'Backstrom' but we might have been raised in the same place and time. I understand where his attitude is coming from, and respect him for realizing and maintaining his values. And recognizing if/when he's gone to far and made amends.

And he gets results, but that's written into the script. And I'm sure I haven't experienced as much as a total of 120 minutes of any part(s) of House. in any combination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV