Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2015, 07:57 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,492,874 times

Advertisements

I actually liked Meghan tonight for the first time in a while. Love that style of music and she did it well.

Liked Joshua tonight too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2015, 08:23 PM

1,765 posts, read 4,349,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
I actually liked Meghan tonight for the first time in a while. Love that style of music and she did it well.

Liked Joshua tonight too.

Agree on both... especially Joshua. That was a great song choice for him.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:54 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,721,445 times
I have a visceral negative reaction anytime I see Megan's face. Cannot stand her and I fast-forward the minute she comes on the screen. She in India can go home. The other four I like a lot.

Old 05-04-2015, 10:14 PM

37,613 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post
Agree on both... especially Joshua. That was a great song choice for him.
I sure hope he winds up recording, if he doesn't win (I think Sawyer will win). I would love to hear more from him!

Old 05-05-2015, 07:48 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,408,583 times
I loved it when Adam FINALLY called out the 'clappers' They drive me nuts. And last night was the worst with Joshua struggling to keep himself in the pocket with that disjointed rabble all around him. I suppose it's a good learning experience for him, but it does not make for pleasant viewing and listening for the TV audience.

Ban the clappers!!!

Old 05-05-2015, 08:33 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
I liked Meghan and Joshua last night, too. She did a beautiful job with Amazing Grace. Usually I think the religious songs are a cop-out or a cheap shot at trying to garner votes from people who might not otherwise vote, but her version was beautiful. Might have helped that her mom seemed so sweet.

And Joshua finally woke up and looked alive last night.

I liked Koryn's version of Dream On, okay, but she was no Amanda Brown.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmrIQueFogk My daughter and I snarkily agreed that if you can't do the falsetto at the end, you shouldn't bother with the song. Still, Koryn is a great performer and I bet she'll make it to the top 3.

I wouldn't be sad to see India go.

I'd like to say for about the 3rd time how much I love Pharrell. He gets excited for everyone and tells people to vote for singers who aren't on his team. And I used to cringe when Christina opened her mouth because it was always about herself, but she's very different this season. Adam is the coach who I wish would be quiet.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:39 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,492,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
I have a visceral negative reaction anytime I see Megan's face. Cannot stand her and I fast-forward the minute she comes on the screen. She in India can go home. The other four I like a lot.
I had that reaction when she was doing her own makeup. Now that the show is "doing" her they mostly disguise whatever it is that bothers me.

I don't like India either. Never have.

So are 2 going home tonight or just one? I'll watch for the reunion, not the elimination. I love to see what past contestants are doing.

Old 05-05-2015, 10:57 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,545,426 times
I CANNOT believe that India beat Kimberly!!! I am sooooo pissed!!

Kimberly singing The White Stripes last night is one of my all time favorite performances on this entire series and I have not missed a single episode. Her voice is awesome for that song and I love her groovy dance moves too. Very cool!!

I also loved her doing Dirty Diana - THAT is one of my all-time favorite Michael Jackson songs.

I hope she gets signed by someone- maybe Pharrell will help her out.

Also loved cover of Aerosmith - forget that girl's name, but she is my other favorite.

Old 05-06-2015, 05:46 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post

Kimberly singing The White Stripes last night is one of my all time favorite performances on this entire series and I have not missed a single episode. Her voice is awesome for that song and I love her groovy dance moves too. Very cool!!

I also loved her doing Dirty Diana - THAT is one of my all-time favorite Michael Jackson songs.

Also loved cover of Aerosmith - forget that girl's name, but she is my other favorite.
I am very surprised also. Although I have mad love for India, and still can't understand why she has so many haters, the fact that she's been in the bottom two weeks in a row made me shocked that she was saved again. I love both of their voices and was also suprised both of Christina's female powerhouses were in the bottom. Kimberly's attitude is so cool too.

So peeps, why the hate for India anyway? Her pitch is spot on, she has great range, she has relaxed and become a more emotional singer, (which is something professional singers tend to have display less of because of their training), she has years and years of training, good tone, lots of vocal control. Not only that, she always dresses classy and has her hair done beautifully.

Joshua is still a huge snoozefest. I can't believe he and Koryn are still around. I really enjoyed his first song, though. It was nice to see him do something more upbeat. Koryn really murdered that R.E.M. song. She way overdoes her vibrato and sounds like she has Parkinson's when she sings. Eeewww. The Aerosmith song she did wasn't much better.

Old 05-06-2015, 06:01 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,349,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post

That's what makes a horse race...people have their favorites and different takes on things. I HATED Dirty Diana and thought it was a terrible choice. Also think Dream On is best left to Steven Tyler -- pretty much always! Didn't care for the rendition at all. I did not see The White Stripes so can't comment on that.

All that said I was surprised to hear that India did beat out Kimberly. I had phone calls so missed the whole end of the show... I guess we are left with Meghan, Sawyer, India, Coryn (sp?) and Joshua? Can't think right now... Every judge has at least one contestant left. I'm thinking this year it will be Sawyer left standing at the end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV