Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2015, 07:22 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,407,499 times

Advertisements

Yeah, I would have picked Sawyer and Kimberly for two finalists
Guess not!

Although India is technically better, I enjoy Kimberly's performances more.
I thought Kimberly got a sucky song last night.

I did not notice any audience-clapping, thankyouverymuch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2015, 07:24 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post

So peeps, why the hate for India anyway? Her pitch is spot on, she has great range, she has relaxed and become a more emotional singer, (which is something professional singers tend to have display less of because of their training), she has years and years of training, good tone, lots of vocal control. Not only that, she always dresses classy and has her hair done beautifully.

Joshua is still a huge snoozefest.
I don't hate India I just want her GONE I just don't think she shines and when she tries to,
she comes off just as belting out the tune. Simply, she does nothing for ME. She seems like a very nice
person, and I was ALMOST rooting for her to stay last night, with the tears in her eyes, but still, I couldn't
bring myself to do it.

But alas, she is here to see another day. She won't win.
And, I don't see her going anywhere after the show either. She just doesn't have that "it" factor.

I agree about Joshua. We call him the "coffee house singer" at our house, and wonder if he knows
how to make a good latte in-between songs

Old 05-06-2015, 07:52 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,688,396 times
I know I am the odd one here but I am glad India was saved.

Joshua needs to go home...he's not that good compared to the others.

Kimberly the past couple weeks did not choose the right songs to sing in my opinion.

Koryn singing Aerosmith....NO!

Sawyer will be around maybe till the end because of all the young girl votes.

Meaghan has Blake in her corner so if she picks the right songs she may be one of the top 3.

Old 05-06-2015, 08:09 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
So peeps, why the hate for India anyway? Her pitch is spot on, she has great range, she has relaxed and become a more emotional singer, (which is something professional singers tend to have display less of because of their training), she has years and years of training, good tone, lots of vocal control. Not only that, she always dresses classy and has her hair done beautifully.

Joshua is still a huge snoozefest. I can't believe he and Koryn are still around. I really enjoyed his first song, though. It was nice to see him do something more upbeat. Koryn really murdered that R.E.M. song. She way overdoes her vibrato and sounds like she has Parkinson's when she sings. Eeewww. The Aerosmith song she did wasn't much better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Lady123 View Post

Sawyer will be around maybe till the end because of all the young girl votes.

Meaghan has Blake in her corner so if she picks the right songs she may be one of the top 3.
I don't hate India and understand that she's technically perfect. But I just never get that goosebumpy feeling when she sings. She leaves me cold for some reason.

I'm an old girl and I love Sawyer. His voice is uniquely beautiful and he seems like a sweet and pure soul.

Like others have said, I do think the voting is rigged. They make sure every coach has a contestant as long as they can because it keeps interest high. That's the only explanation I can think of for Joshua Davis still being there (with apologies to everyone who loves him and especially ChessieMom. )

Old 05-06-2015, 09:21 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,484,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I don't hate India and understand that she's technically perfect. But I just never get that goosebumpy feeling when she sings. She leaves me cold for some reason.
Yep. I felt the same way about Tessanne a few seasons ago. Beautiful woman, beautiful voice, no "it" factor. She never drew me in.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:34 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,484,502 times
But perhaps Kimberly is better off not winning this show after all. Also on Tuesday night, recent “winner” Craig Wayne Boyd, amid rumors that he has already parted ways with Dot Records/Big Machine only five months after his Season 7 victory — rumors confirmed to Yahoo Music’s Reality Rocks by a Big Machine source on Tuesday — returned to the show. And it was awkward.

After performing his ironically/sadly titled new single “I’m Still Here,” released on the independent Long Haul Records and seemingly all about his career struggles, he had to engage in a nicey-nice, muzzled interview with host Carson Daly about all of his supposed post-Voice success… all the while knowing that he has joined Season 2’s Jermaine Paul and Season 6’s Josh Kaufman on a growing, non-illustrious list of Voice champs who never got to release a major-label album.

https://www.yahoo.com/music/voice-bu...249573926.html

Old 05-06-2015, 10:30 AM

5,331 posts, read 8,538,811 times
I don't hate India, she just bores me. Early on, I felt this, and have basically fast-forwarded through all of her performances.

Old 05-06-2015, 11:17 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,717,731 times
No India hate here but she's just boring.

Love Joshua and Koryn and Sawyer most of the time. But then I gravitate to singer/songwriter, indy and rock music and a little country. Pop is boring. Shoot - I do live in Nashville, home of s/s and fabulous local indy scene and they also do a bit of country here too.

HATE Meghan.

Whomever said Jack White should call Kimberly (was that Pharrell?) - YES!!!!!! Totally spot on. She would fit in great with him. She did the White Stripes song justice.

Old 05-06-2015, 12:07 PM

37,592 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Ncal you sound like me...I have very broad musical tastes, but definitely enjoy indie, rock, and some country. I thoroughly enjoy Sawyer and Joshua both. Not sure about Koryn, I missed this weeks show so I need to go back and watch them. I agree there is something about Meghan I don't like, but I can't put my finger on it
And I have to part with the crowd on her rendition of Amazing Grace. That's one of my favorite songs in the world and I didn't really care for her treatment of it.

Old 05-06-2015, 12:10 PM

37,592 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
That's the only explanation I can think of for Joshua Davis still being there (with apologies to everyone who loves him and especially ChessieMom. )
Thanks. LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV