Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2015, 12:16 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,696,519 times

Advertisements

Craig Wayne Boyd gives me the creeps. I'm not sure what it is, but I can't stand to look at him or listen to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2015, 12:42 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,014,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Craig Wayne Boyd gives me the creeps. I'm not sure what it is, but I can't stand to look at him or listen to him.
What it is, is that he is creepy I was shocked he won last year.

Old 05-06-2015, 12:44 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,014,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
No India hate here but she's just boring.

HATE Meghan.
So no hate for India, but HATE Meghan

Old 05-06-2015, 12:47 PM

693 posts, read 1,040,395 times
Joining the conversation late - just watched the results show this afternoon.

WOW! Is all I have to say. I can't believe Kimberly was voted off. Although . . . I have to say that I was worried about her song choices this week. Still.

India is a great singer, but up until this week has been an alright performer. I feel like she's just now coming into her own. For me, it's a little too late when all (most) of the other singers have been in a groove for the whole season.

I like Koryn and Sawyer, but . . . Koryn has great chops, but is too dramatic. It's almost like she is acting sometimes. Sawyer is a great singer, but he needs to move around. He still looks frightened.

Joshua is a little boring to me. I really want to see him do well, but he needs to put that dang ol' guitar down and show some personality.

I like Meghan. My first choice to win this season was Kimberly (I'm still blown away she got voted off), but I think Meghan has the potential to win it all.

I think it goes without saying that all the contestants have unbelievable talent; however, at this point, they need to step up their games.

Old 05-06-2015, 01:14 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,696,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
What it is, is that he is creepy I was shocked he won last year.
Not to be too dramatic, but I almost get an evil vibe off of him. The kind of feeling like if I met him at a party I'd make a point of never being in the same room with him. And that's not even mentioning the 1970's blow-dried hair.

Old 05-06-2015, 01:53 PM

37,585 posts, read 45,944,432 times
Quote:
Not to be too dramatic, but I almost get an evil vibe off of him. The kind of feeling like if I met him at a party I'd make a point of never being in the same room with him. And that's not even mentioning the 1970's blow-dried hair.
I thought the other CW singer was much better than Craig. I was completely shocked that he won. Matt and Chris were far better performers.

Old 05-06-2015, 02:33 PM

37,585 posts, read 45,944,432 times
As for those that don't get the appeal of Joshua, watch "Arms is a Woman" again. That's just perfection, and so so enjoyable.
By far one of the best performances from this season. Of course it all comes down to personal preferences in music. When you have 50% of the population that likes country music and only one country singer, there's a good chance that the country singer will win, even if the others are as good or better. It sucks, but it is what it is.

Old 05-06-2015, 10:07 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,922,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMNan View Post
I loved it when Adam FINALLY called out the 'clappers' They drive me nuts. And last night was the worst with Joshua struggling to keep himself in the pocket with that disjointed rabble all around him. I suppose it's a good learning experience for him, but it does not make for pleasant viewing and listening for the TV audience.

Ban the clappers!!!
I agree. I've been saying this for a long time.

Old 05-07-2015, 05:57 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,949,556 times
Quote:
I don't hate India and understand that she's technically perfect. But I just never get that goosebumpy feeling when she sings. She leaves me cold for some reason.

I'm an old girl and I love Sawyer. His voice is uniquely beautiful and he seems like a sweet and pure soul.

Like others have said, I do think the voting is rigged. They make sure every coach has a contestant as long as they can because it keeps interest high. That's the only explanation I can think of for Joshua Davis still being there (with apologies to everyone who loves him and especially ChessieMom. )
I have heard this from a lot of people when they hear songs from singers who have had many years of professional training. They say they don't see any emotion coming from them; they aren't connecting to the song, or something like that. I guess too much practice can be a singer's undoing. That's so weird to me. How can too much practice be a bad thing?

Anyway, I'm a huge Sawyer fan as well. He is just one-of-a-kind, and I would love it if he won. I think he has a very good chance. I love Meghan also, but she looks very strage. She has atrocious posture and no shoulders. I know it shouldn't be about looks, but that and her horrific clothing choices distract me when she sings. Her voice is amazing though.

Old 05-07-2015, 08:16 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,407,318 times
I keep meaning to ask ... does anyone else think Sawyer looks like John Denver? Something about the kid reminds me of him. The shape of his face, the wide mouth, the inner calm maybe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV