Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2008, 12:20 AM

1,977 posts, read 3,572,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think (Freedom) View Post
Totally agree. Dexter's addicting.

I just watched last weeks episode now (thank God for sidereel). Somethings got to happen to bring down the relationship between Dex and the ADA. Or could they really become partners in crime (literally)?

Yep totally agree. the ADA seems like he's unstable
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 10:35 AM

1 posts, read 1,552 times
Check out this Dexter video by artist All Thieves. Pretty cool!
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocwWUHDSHXg[/url]

Old 11-19-2008, 11:46 AM

16,061 posts, read 26,692,634 times
Dexter is finally coming along! So happy with this weeks episode, and cannot wait to see where Miguel and Dexter's relationship goes.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:24 AM

2,521 posts, read 2,342,625 times
Dexter is an awesome show, it keeps getting better as it goes along too. A real storyline will develop soon that will soon hook you in (if you're still on episode 3 or 4). It's clearly one of the best shows on TV. I got hooked by episode #7 and it became the show to fill my Sopranos void...

Old 11-22-2008, 11:35 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,609,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
The reason I like Dexter so much is because I can psychologically dissect Dexter without harming or insulting someone.
And I truly like the family drama and the interracial cast.
I love Dexter, both as a character and a show. I'm not completely emotionless like Dexter, nor would I actually want to kill anyone, but I agree with what he does, I think it's for the best and his moral code is superior to society's moral code, and he follows his own philosophy (mixed with the lessons he learned from his father). Also a lot of the things, I totally get, like when he's in some situations and explains how he's supposed to feel emotional here, but doesn't, that's how I feel sometimes. I think the average person is overly emotional, they should be more like Dexter and less like themselves. Now, I can't actually understand how someone would have no emotions at all, but I don't think it goes hand-in-hand with being a serial killer, either. Dexter sees things in a purer way, less clouded by emotionalism, so it can also be a strength.

The show itself is high concept, but also well executed. I knew once I heard the premise, "A serial killer who only kills serial killers, and he works for the police department as a forensic scientist," that I would love the show if it was well done, and given that it was on Showtime and with a great actor like Michael C. Hall, I knew it would be well done.

Old 11-25-2008, 05:52 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,912,491 times
Well, the season has finally picked up and returned to "awesome" with this week's show. It may have taken seven or so episodes but I loved every minute of this week's show. It seems like they really like to build things up slowly and then let things explode. I loved the moment they show Dexter destroying his office (not for real) to display his anger and then he agrees seconds later to do something with Miguel. Awesome. Very strong episode this week!

Old 12-16-2008, 05:52 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,206,905 times
I just finished this season's finale and it was brilliant.
I'm sure I'll survive the Dex-free period until season 4 starts, but it will be a hard battle.

Old 12-16-2008, 06:15 AM

16,061 posts, read 26,692,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
I just finished this season's finale and it was brilliant.
I'm sure I'll survive the Dex-free period until season 4 starts, but it will be a hard battle.
It was good, honestly I didn't love it! I was expecting something more for the finale...... that said, still love the show!

Old 12-16-2008, 06:36 AM

443 posts, read 563,448 times
I cant get enough of this show--do we really have to wait til next fall to see more???

Old 12-16-2008, 10:36 AM

1,510 posts, read 5,061,514 times
ehh.. I wasnt impressed with the finale, or with the season at all actually. I dont know. I doubted it since the beginning, after the whole Lila thing in season 2, I thought 'where else could they go after this?'. And I was kind of right. I mean, this season had its good parts (pregnant Rita), but overall, I was underwhelmed. The biggest suspense in the whole season was Dexter being 'kidnapped' for his bachelor's party.

I still love the show though, and look forward to next season. I just think they should start thinking of an end date, and make a couple of bangin last seasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV