U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2010, 06:11 PM

3,391 posts, read 3,782,330 times

Advertisements

Dexter is THE BEST series I have ever seen. Love the show so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2010, 04:31 PM

4,608 posts, read 6,718,406 times
So, yesterday I had to call TWC to update my billing method w/new CCard expire date. While on the phone the Rep suggested some new TWC features, I cancelled a couple seasonal sports deals and got a Showtime promo, all for less than I was paying. So....

I had always wanted to see Dexter, having recognize Hall as an emerging personality on Six Feet Under but stopped watching sometime in the first season or so. So, the Showtime promo gave me OnDemand. That's about all I've done since... watch Dexter. Only got a cartoon synopsis of the first 3 seasons but the entire 4th.

Dexter is addictive. Haven't been able to do anything else.

Just finished watching the 4th season. It was like a reeeaaalllllllyyyyyy long movie.

Yeah, Lithgow was great for the part, really really annoying. And the last couple of episodes I was worried for Rita and the kids, then thought maybe the neighbor might come to the rescue. But after Trinity being dropped in the gulf stream I wasn't prepared for the ending. But it was appropriate.

I think the two older kids will go with relatives maybe with some bit parts during the season. Dexter will keep the baby, maybe his sister coming to live with him to help out. That would free up the apartment to return things to normal. Recall the final scene... the kid sitting in a pool of blood... for how long? A baby will touch something then put his hands in his mouth... a taste for blood. Dexter will have to teach his son those lessons his dad taught him. That could be interesting for a fast forward about ten or fifteen years. I don't think anyone will catch on to Dexter's deeds, the script just moves to fast and loose to worry about questions.

After just 24 hours, I'm hooked on Dexter, looking forward to the weekly agony of the next episode.

Old 03-06-2010, 04:40 PM

4,573 posts, read 3,278,138 times
I can't wait for the new season!

"I've always been fascinated by serial killers.
Karla Homolka, Albert Fish, Jeffrey Dahmer, Zodiac Killer, Aileen Wuornos.
Not to glorify, but I find them quite interesting.
Anddddd I don't necessarily like the idea of a T.V. show highlighting a serial killer either,
but oddly enough, this show is quite addicting and somewhat entertaining. It's so easy to like this guy, and although
I sometimes have to remind myself it's only a movie...one still tends to feel guilty about it. Their website foo foo's
it all up tho, not disparaging, but colorful enough to remind one that yes, it IS still just a show...maybe to thwart
wannabes and copycats.
All in all we have Michael C Hall at his best, too bad 6 Ft Under was laid to rest."

Old 03-10-2010, 03:54 AM

3,405 posts, read 3,534,320 times
Six Feet Under was amazing, and Dexter seasons 1 and 2 were VERY well done. However, season 3 was horrible. No suspense, no nothing. You knew who the killer was by the third episode, and it just didn't work. I'm a little nervous about watching a season four. I can imagine it'll follow along how they did season 3...

Old 03-10-2010, 09:37 AM

5,758 posts, read 8,889,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
Six Feet Under was amazing, and Dexter seasons 1 and 2 were VERY well done. However, season 3 was horrible. No suspense, no nothing. You knew who the killer was by the third episode, and it just didn't work. I'm a little nervous about watching a season four. I can imagine it'll follow along how they did season 3...

I agree that season 3 was a little slow but it was essential for character development. The relationship with Ramone was very important for the overall storyline and the development of Dexter as a person. It was also big for the development of Deborah.

Season 4 was the best season of the entire show. If you havent watched it, I highly suggest you do so. You will not be disappointed.

Old 03-10-2010, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
So, yesterday I had to call TWC to update my billing method w/new CCard expire date. While on the phone the Rep suggested some new TWC features, I cancelled a couple seasonal sports deals and got a Showtime promo, all for less than I was paying. So....

I had always wanted to see Dexter, having recognize Hall as an emerging personality on Six Feet Under but stopped watching sometime in the first season or so. So, the Showtime promo gave me OnDemand. That's about all I've done since... watch Dexter. Only got a cartoon synopsis of the first 3 seasons but the entire 4th.

Dexter is addictive. Haven't been able to do anything else.

Just finished watching the 4th season. It was like a reeeaaalllllllyyyyyy long movie.

Yeah, Lithgow was great for the part, really really annoying. And the last couple of episodes I was worried for Rita and the kids, then thought maybe the neighbor might come to the rescue. But after Trinity being dropped in the gulf stream I wasn't prepared for the ending. But it was appropriate.

I think the two older kids will go with relatives maybe with some bit parts during the season. Dexter will keep the baby, maybe his sister coming to live with him to help out. That would free up the apartment to return things to normal. Recall the final scene... the kid sitting in a pool of blood... for how long? A baby will touch something then put his hands in his mouth... a taste for blood. Dexter will have to teach his son those lessons his dad taught him. That could be interesting for a fast forward about ten or fifteen years. I don't think anyone will catch on to Dexter's deeds, the script just moves to fast and loose to worry about questions.

After just 24 hours, I'm hooked on Dexter, looking forward to the weekly agony of the next episode.

If you havent watched the first three seasons, you need to do so. There is no way a cartoon synopsis can come close to the actual show. I would recommend renting the DVDs. If you have Netflix, they had the shows on Instant Watch

I disagree about no one finding out about Dexter. This show is building towards Deborah being the one to find out Dexter's true identity. She has been getting closer and closer each season and she has also been developing each season as a detective. I believe the show will end with Deborah finding out the truth and arresting Dexter or maybe even killing him.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:23 AM

A good interview with the show's producers:

'Dexter' exclusive: Killer season 5 spoilers! | Ausiello | EW.com

Old 03-11-2010, 12:00 PM

4 posts, read 3,622 times
ew why would you want spoilers for the next season?

Old 03-11-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotlover View Post
ew why would you want spoilers for the next season?

There really isnt any spoilers or anything I would consider a spoiler. They discuss whether or are going to have a villan next season and what the main themes are going to be.

They also discuss Michael C. Hall's cancer battle. He is in remission and it will not effect filming.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:30 PM

4,121 posts, read 12,543,776 times
Sorry if it's been addressed but I didn't through the whole pages. Any idea when the new season starts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV