Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2012, 06:15 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,808,426 times

Advertisements

Where is Dexter's son? Did I miss something?

Never mind. He just showed up.

Last edited by maggie2101; 10-23-2012 at 06:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2012, 05:57 PM

49 posts, read 78,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking-man View Post
I LOVE dexter........my wife and I watched the first 5 seasons in about a month :-)
AAAAAAAAADDICTED! LOL
Haha, i would say 5 days
Every season- 1 day. Its THAT good

Old 11-18-2012, 08:03 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,558,961 times
Another GREAT episode, with an award winning performance from Deb. Can you imagine how hard that must have been - and so believable. Well done! We get to see the soft vulnerable side of the Katchka guy, too bad he and Dexter can't be friends.

Last edited by claudhopper; 11-18-2012 at 08:54 PM..

Old 11-18-2012, 09:19 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,720,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Another GREAT episode, with an award winning performance from Deb. Can you imagine how hard that must have been - and so believable. Well done! We get to see the soft vulnerable side of the Katchka guy, too bad he and Dexter can't be friends.
That was such a good performance by Jennifer it almost seemed like she was drawing on some things left unspoken in her divorce with Michael C Hall. Probably just a good acting job but it sure seemed real.

Old 11-25-2012, 06:58 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,964,709 times
To each his own. To me she seemed to be horribly overplaying it. She always makes that snorting noise when she's distressed and has done that several times before. She seemed more like a teen than a grown woman, and that wasn't even convincing for me. An adult would have shown the tension in trying to contain her emotions while verbalizing what she must.

Sorry for being so disagreeable.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:14 PM

5,765 posts, read 10,995,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
To each his own. To me she seemed to be horribly overplaying it. She always makes that snorting noise when she's distressed and has done that several times before. She seemed more like a teen than a grown woman, and that wasn't even convincing for me. An adult would have shown the tension in trying to contain her emotions while verbalizing what she must.

Sorry for being so disagreeable.

You're trying to say how a person would react when they tell their serial killer brother they are in love with them. That's not exactly a situation where a person is going to act in some predictable way. It is exactly the kind of situation where someone is likely to just loose it and appear to be overplaying it. Being that Jennifer Carpenter isnt prone to overacting, I would say she nailed it.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
You're trying to say how a person would react when they tell their serial killer brother they are in love with them. That's not exactly a situation where a person is going to act in some predictable way. It is exactly the kind of situation where someone is likely to just loose it and appear to be overplaying it. Being that Jennifer Carpenter isnt prone to overacting, I would say she nailed it.
You may be right. I don't recollect seeing her in anything else. I just think she is in this role as a responsible woman in a responsible position, having to be in control of her emotions and assess things without bias. This speaks to essential character, not something you turn off and on when convenient. I did not find her convincing as she'd put on the same act, snorting included, earlier in the show and obviously (at least to me) snorting is her fall back reaction when faced with very difficult situations. I, actually, have not heard snorting like that since grammar school, frankly. Maybe I hang with the wrong crowd.

Old 12-02-2012, 06:14 AM

3,050 posts, read 4,991,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
You may be right. I don't recollect seeing her in anything else. I just think she is in this role as a responsible woman in a responsible position, having to be in control of her emotions and assess things without bias. This speaks to essential character, not something you turn off and on when convenient. I did not find her convincing as she'd put on the same act, snorting included, earlier in the show and obviously (at least to me) snorting is her fall back reaction when faced with very difficult situations. I, actually, have not heard snorting like that since grammar school, frankly. Maybe I hang with the wrong crowd.
Yep - her acting can be pretty hard to watch at times. That goes for the rest of the supporting cast. Maybe it's just because Michael C Hall is so darn good, he makes everyone else look bad.

Old 12-02-2012, 09:26 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,653,706 times
I didn't like the scene either but I don't like the whole Deb loving Dexter or even the Deb knowing about Dexter this year.
I liked it better before she knew but if she had to find out wish they would have done it in a different way.

Old 12-02-2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I didn't like the scene either but I don't like the whole Deb loving Dexter or even the Deb knowing about Dexter this year.
I liked it better before she knew but if she had to find out wish they would have done it in a different way.
Yes, when they make dramatic changes like this, it just reminds you that they are winding down and the show is ending. Such a pity. There is such a unique premise to the show. Maybe some years will pass and we will see 'Son of Dexter'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV