U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2013, 11:19 AM

22,312 posts, read 43,877,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew1000 View Post
I gave up on this show after season 4, i didn't see the point of the show, its like they had a new serial killer every season then dexter would figure out how to get them and they would repeat that cycle. I also didn't like Deb as an actress, what is up with her constant swearing and acting like a pirate.
It's called a script and she's following it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2013, 05:54 PM

12,411 posts, read 14,988,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
Holy crap. This show is ending like crap.

I really wanted to give this season a chance even after the last disastrous episode. But no.

75% of this latest episode was spent on the stupid Deb/Quinn/Jaimie drama, 20% spent on pointless Hannah inside Deb's house (nothing progressing except a hospital visit for a cut chin and a TREADMILL... wtf???, I mean seriously..... wtf??), and the final 5% spent on a final "twist" that wasn't very shocking at all.

And Hannah goes to the hospital... as is without any disguise .... OMG.... I can't take it anymore.

These new writers.... What have you done to my show??? Grrrr.....
Yeah. The very first thing they would have done was to give Hannah a haircut and coloring job. Change her makeup. She would not have given the kid's real name, either. Doesn't she watch tv?

Old 09-12-2013, 12:18 PM

7,142 posts, read 8,832,669 times
Yeah, considering Dexter works for the police department and has managed to stay hidden even if just barely for a decade while killing a couple hundred people, you would think that the most tiny amount of physical identity concealment would occur to him. Not to mention she had done it once already. No way would anyone recognize her with short dark hair. Crap, throw it in a ponytail or wear a scarf or something!

Old 09-13-2013, 11:26 AM

4,121 posts, read 1,561,625 times
What a mess. I'm not even interested any more. I'm just watching to see the ending which looks like it'll be ridiculous. Bringing back Hannah was a mistake. It's just not working on any level. Hell I'd rather see the never before known twin of Doakes show up then this mess. Too many superfluous story lines, too much inconsistency, too much talk talk talk about nothing much. Super disappointed in this season and last.

Old 09-13-2013, 12:12 PM

3,074 posts, read 2,707,195 times
Its actually very hard to watch this happening, kind of embarrassing. Breaking Bad going out, everybody talking and loving it. Dexter, so bad now, I feel sorry for the actors.

Old 09-13-2013, 02:16 PM

22,312 posts, read 43,877,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Its actually very hard to watch this happening, kind of embarrassing. Breaking Bad going out, everybody talking and loving it. Dexter, so bad now, I feel sorry for the actors.
That's what I keep thinking, how horrible this must feel for the actors. Michael C. Hall contributed a lot to the development of his character so this must be frustrating.

Old 09-14-2013, 08:54 AM

2,898 posts, read 3,142,202 times
OMG I have fast forwarded most of this season. Honestly, it could have been a great final season if Voegel had been like Doakes where she knew he was a psychopath and was working to draw him out to be arrested by Miami Metro and that was the real reason why she was there. That could have been a lot better than her being an ally. WTF.

i will watch it for the same reason I watched after season 4.... I want know how it ends. I was hoping it would end with Deb shooting Dexter, but not killing him in that season where she killed LaGuerta. Then, show a season of him in jail and maybe end with a lethal injection or something? No Hannah McKay EVER.

I will be incredibly angry if he runs off into the sunset with Hannah.

Old 09-14-2013, 12:41 PM

9,223 posts, read 12,804,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlikeme View Post
OMG I have fast forwarded most of this season. Honestly, it could have been a great final season if Voegel had been like Doakes where she knew he was a psychopath and was working to draw him out to be arrested by Miami Metro and that was the real reason why she was there. That could have been a lot better than her being an ally. WTF.

i will watch it for the same reason I watched after season 4.... I want know how it ends. I was hoping it would end with Deb shooting Dexter, but not killing him in that season where she killed LaGuerta. Then, show a season of him in jail and maybe end with a lethal injection or something? No Hannah McKay EVER.

I will be incredibly angry if he runs off into the sunset with Hannah.
Oh they could have done great things with that last idea. Could have done a trial, Dexter's time in prison, him getting the death penalty, the families of the people he killed who killed their love ones could have been shown, etc.

They dun goofed.

Old 09-14-2013, 01:08 PM

880 posts, read 530,853 times
The biggest mistake in this show was, I think, adding on another season as the finale. It's obvious with the writing that much as been thrown together in an effort to extend the series. However, even if this last season does end rather flatly, I still stand behind Dexter as an awesome, breakout show.

I do have to agree with randomlikeme who said, "I will be incredibly angry if he runs off into the sunset with Hannah." I doubt very much this will happen (and hoping very much that it won't). My suspicion is that in the end, Deb will be the one to end Dexter's life.

But hey, what do I know? I'm just a fan who watches the show...

Old 09-15-2013, 04:38 PM

7,142 posts, read 8,832,669 times
I wonder if they would have been better to do something like Breaking Bad. Add a few more episodes (5 in BB case) to a normal 13 episode season instead of doing an entire extra 13. The writers said they needed more time it just seems like they have too much to fill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV