Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2019, 11:54 PM

732 posts, read 1,046,070 times

Advertisements

1st, I do like some of her music, mostly her old stuff, and I have seen a few of her interviews and always thought she was kind of cute in personality, albeit a little hyper. I was interested in seeing her new show and I caught it today. It was apparently the premiere. My thoughts...

First of all. you could have a pretty good drinking game and get sloshed in the process by hoisting one everytime she says "y'all". I know she's from Texas so maybe not unexpected. This show had a theme of working women and Kelly sang the old Dolly Parton hit 9 to 5 with a dance number. I never liked the song and thought the dance number was cheesy but it did fit the theme I guess. The audience was entirely female, and keeping with the working woman theme, she singled out several audience members in non-traditional jobs, such as lady mechanics, firefighters etc.

But then, why have as her very first guest, The Rock, Dwayne Johnson? He was filling in for Kevin Hart but why have Kevin Hart? What does that have to do with working women? Then, she had a food pantry worker, putting the spotlight on a non-celebrity, which was ok. She then showered the lady literally with money so she could keep her pantry open. In keeping with the food theme, she also distributed Bundt cakes throughout the neighborhood and as the capper, everyone in the audience got a tiny bundt cake! Not quite Oprah's cars but you gotta start someplace. Last, was some social media stuff, which will apparently be a regular feature. I don't like social media, so a big yawn there.

I give it a C. Kelly's personality is a bit much for a whole hour. I'm sure she'll be singing, which is her real forte and that part should be good. She shouted and laughed her way through this episode. Maybe a little too much. I think I'll be hearing that voice in my sleep tonight. I like her though and I hope the show goes well.

Y'all come back now, ya hear?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2019, 12:46 AM

17,738 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Hmm. The episode I saw had Ellen and John Legend. And everyone in the audience got 65 inch TVs.

Old 09-11-2019, 10:12 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Steve Harvey got scroiled over for that lol?

Back to Hot Bench...

Old 09-11-2019, 11:33 AM

1,161 posts, read 435,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post
everyone in the audience got a tiny bundt cake!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Hmm. The episode I saw had Ellen and John Legend. And everyone in the audience got 65 inch TVs.
I wonder how pissed off the first audience was?

Old 09-11-2019, 12:20 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,598,343 times
I only watched the first episode. I consider myself a fan. I didn't care for the placement of the sofas/furniture. It seemed to be at awkward angles for conversation between Kelly & guests. I'm hoping it gets better.

Old 09-11-2019, 02:31 PM

12,387 posts, read 8,152,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
I only
caught the end when
a bunch of music teachers got a
cruise

Old 09-11-2019, 03:01 PM

5,097 posts, read 6,349,198 times
I watched the beginning of first 2 shows and thought, Gee, is she going enter with a song every day? I like her but thought it was too much. I don't get the feeling she is a natural for interviewing.

She may be a natural talker but that doesn't always translate into a talk show.

Old 09-11-2019, 05:36 PM

2,106 posts, read 979,087 times
The today show women just dote all over her .

Old 09-13-2019, 12:52 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
I have tried to get all the way through two of her shoes this week so far. But I can't. She is just so loud and non stop chatty and it grates on my nerves. I do like that she sings a song for the opening, but after that, she needs to tone it down and let her guests talk more.

Old 09-22-2019, 09:27 AM

2,947 posts, read 5,191,791 times
Bump.

Haven't had a chance to watch. Any other views?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV