Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 11:46 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,797,374 times

Advertisements

One Day at a Time returns to syndication on Monday, April 6, 2015 on Antenna TV. The time slot has not been announced yet just the Antenna TV promo announcing the show will start on April 6th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2015, 11:41 AM

18,364 posts, read 31,448,743 times
I didn't really watch either one of them, if they were on, I saw it, but don't have any outstanding memory of either.

Old 03-22-2015, 10:19 PM

The time for One day of Time has been announced to air on Antenna TV

April 6, Monday at 11pm to 12am eastern time

Last edited by FBJ; 03-22-2015 at 10:43 PM..

Old 04-12-2015, 02:38 AM

Started watching One Day at a Time this past week on Antenna TV and so far the unlikable character for me is the daughter "JULIE"

She is too damm dramatic and loud which has been the case with her in 7 of the first 10 episodes behind some stupid boy-lol. Everyone else is likable on the show especially the maintenance man Schneider who is the only funny character on the show.

Old 04-12-2015, 06:14 PM

50,010 posts, read 63,335,877 times
I didn't like those shows then, and I see no reason why people would like them now. The thing they had going for them then was only that there were fewer choices.

Old 04-12-2015, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I didn't like those shows then, and I see no reason why people would like them now. The thing they had going for them then was only that there were fewer choices.
I would think it had to be more than that since both One Day at a Time and Alice lasted 9 seasons. I can say the same thing about these shows from the 1960's due to less competition and no cable.

Gunsmoke

Andy Griffith

Old 04-12-2015, 09:58 PM

3,316 posts, read 4,101,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Started watching One Day at a Time this past week on Antenna TV and so far the unlikable character for me is the daughter "JULIE"

She is too damm dramatic and loud which has been the case with her in 7 of the first 10 episodes behind some stupid boy-lol. Everyone else is likable on the show especially the maintenance man Schneider who is the only funny character on the show.
Better make that 9 out of 12, lol. Tonight's episodes were pretty good, with young Billy Joe (Ode To) getting the hots for Mrs. Romano, after the disco butt bumping to The Hustle. Julie had to take it on the run for ice cream with Robert Masur (he was on Rhoda too) who plays David. The epidode with Julie getting a waitress job at the sleezy diner was OK, and the one last week with Schneider not getting invited to the party, that was a good character development episode for him. Robert Masur is spoiling these women too much, noticed he left the show after the first season, he probably detracts too much from the independent woman theme, that I'm sure Norman Lear had in mind for the show. Will be interesting to see how they get rid of David, will Snyde bump him off or does he just get ticked off with Ann and bill her $12,000 for lawyer fees and all the free loading they did off him, with Queen Anne not giving up her hand in marriage.

I think One Day at a Time is a watchable show, glad they brought it back, nice closing theme with the saxophone. It ran for 9 years, must of had something going for it, and Alice was good enough to make a come back too. Lovin' the return of the other lost Norman Lear show, The Jeffersons, as well. Antenna TV is really kicking the crap out of METV as of late. I'm sure METV will make a comeback, kinda mad about the ME spin off channel, Hero's and Icon's, not coming thru with the Hill Street Blues as promised 3 months ago.

Old 04-12-2015, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofford View Post
Better make that 9 out of 12, lol. Tonight's episodes were pretty good, with young Billy Joe (Ode To) getting the hots for Mrs. Romano, after the disco butt bumping to The Hustle. Julie had to take it on the run for ice cream with Robert Masur (he was on Rhoda too) who plays David. The epidode with Julie getting a waitress job at the sleezy diner was OK, and the one last week with Schneider not getting invited to the party, that was a good character development episode for him. Robert Masur is spoiling these women too much, noticed he left the show after the first season, he probably detracts too much from the independent woman theme, that I'm sure Norman Lear had in mind for the show. Will be interesting to see how they get rid of David, will Snyde bump him off or does he just get ticked off with Ann and bill her $12,000 for lawyer fees and all the free loading they did off him, with Queen Anne not giving up her hand in marriage.

I think One Day at a Time is a watchable show, glad they brought it back, nice closing theme with the saxophone. It ran for 9 years, must of had something going for it, and Alice was good enough to make a come back too. Lovin' the return of the other lost Norman Lear show, The Jeffersons, as well. Antenna TV is really kicking the crap out of METV as of late. I'm sure METV will make a comeback, kinda mad about the ME spin off channel, Hero's and Icon's, not coming thru with the Hill Street Blues as promised 3 months ago.
Antenna TV has always been better than Me-TV because they focus on shows from the 1970 to 1989 era. Not the case with Me-TV since they seem to focus on airing shows that aired during the 1950 to 1969 television era. And yes Julie seems to act out in every episode it seems which makes me wait for the one episode when it does not happen. lol

Old 04-29-2015, 11:59 PM

Been watching the first three seasons of One Day at a Time on Antenna TV and it's more of a dramedy than a comedy. Every episode has some kind of drama involving the oldest daughter and the mom. I can see now why the show had low DVD sales because with this type of show you can only watch once due to all the drama and little comedy. So that's probably why the show did so well on CBS because it kept people wondering what was going to happen from week to week with all those two and three part episodes. So what would make someone buy this on DVD when it's more drama than comedy? I don't even plan to watch this show again once the cycle is complete on Antenna TV because there are not a lot of funny moments.

Last edited by FBJ; 04-30-2015 at 12:20 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV