Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2015, 09:27 PM

22,997 posts, read 34,258,882 times

Advertisements

There were some beautiful dances tonight!! Noah will probably go tomorrow, he has done an amazing job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2015, 09:30 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,281,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
There were some beautiful dances tonight!! Noah will probably go tomorrow, he has done an amazing job.

Noah has been amazing and it's understandable that everyone probably expects him to go home tomorrow. But I wouldnt be surprised if we get another surprise elimination.

Old 05-11-2015, 09:39 PM

22,997 posts, read 34,258,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Noah has been amazing and it's understandable that everyone probably expects him to go home tomorrow. But I wouldnt be surprised if we get another surprise elimination.
True, that could happen.

Old 05-11-2015, 11:09 PM

4,903 posts, read 4,183,002 times
Quote:
I voted for him because he is amazing . I would love to see the gymnast go and Noah make it to the finals.
Wasn't Noah's wife on earlier this season???

Old 05-11-2015, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
I voted for him because he is amazing . I would love to see the gymnast go and Noah make it to the finals.
Wasn't Noah's wife on earlier this season???

I'd like to see Riker and Rumer as the two finalists. I suspect that either Noah or Nastia will be eliminated tomorrow. If Noah goes home tomorrow, then I think Nastia will be the first one eliminated next week.

I agree that Noah is amazing and an inspiration, although it can be easy to forget that he's human and has faults like everyone else. He's twice-divorced so I dont think his ex-wife would have been featured, although she may have been in the audience when his son was featured early in the season.

Old 05-11-2015, 11:26 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,571,495 times
Looks like they have a hard time getting true stars that are up to the challenge. Maybe it's time to change the name of the show?

Old 05-11-2015, 11:37 PM

4,903 posts, read 4,183,002 times
[quote=elizabeth_cali;39561329]

I don't think Nastia will be staying much longer either due to the busy work schedules and injury with Derek, he is still sitting back and "watching" his dances as he rightfully should, be will he really win or go much further with someone else doing his work? Just a thought. That wouldn't even be fair to the other pros, plus Nastia is in school and has a lot to do anyway.
quote]

What is a shame is the guy now dancing with Rumor doesn't seem to get any acknowledgement. I think he and Rumor are doing great.

Old 05-11-2015, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
...What is a shame is the guy now dancing with Rumor doesn't seem to get any acknowledgement. I think he and Rumor are doing great.

His name is Sasha and I agree that he's wonderful. A few seasons ago I read that he'd be picked to be a pro but, for some reason, he wasnt.

Of course, being a great dancer isnt the only qualification -- one has to be an excellent choreographer and teacher and also good with people. And I've wondered if being straight is a serious consideration, as well. Louis Van Amstel was an amazing dancer/pro and I thought he worked well with the stars with whom he was paired, but he's openly gay and was not asked to come back for the 16th season.

Last edited by TFW46; 05-11-2015 at 11:48 PM..

Old 05-12-2015, 02:42 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,529,509 times
Quote:
His name is Sasha and I agree that he's wonderful. A few seasons ago I read that he'd be picked to be a pro but, for some reason, he wasnt.

Of course, being a great dancer isnt the only qualification -- one has to be an excellent choreographer and teacher and also good with people. And I've wondered if being straight is a serious consideration, as well. Louis Van Amstel was an amazing dancer/pro and I thought he worked well with the stars with whom he was paired, but he's openly gay and was not asked to come back for the 16th season.
I seriously doubt being gay has anything to do with it. That year, Louis, Anna Trebunskya and Chelsie Hightower were all asked to sit out Season 16. Ann's not gay, and neither is Chelsie that I know of. Bruno is gay, several of the "stars" have been gay. I don't buy that gay was an issue at all.

I tend to think they wanted to bring up some background dancers to the show to give them a chance, and Louis, Anna and Chelsie were the ones asked to sit out. Anna went on to have a daughter and open a dance studio; Louis also opened a dance studio in Salt Lake City, and has blogged weekly for DWTS for a few seasons now. I'm not sure what Chelsie's doing.....

Old 05-12-2015, 03:13 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,529,509 times
I would love to see Rumer and Ryker in the finals, but I'm thinking that Rumer will go home next week, unless Val gets the votes as well as Rumer and the voters keep them in. I am thinking after tonight, though, Nastia will be in the finals with Ryker. I think Noah's going home tomorrow night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV