Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 10:02 PM

922 posts, read 1,143,125 times

Advertisements

First time watching it.... what happened to Rumer's chin?

The judges are so kissing up to Bruce Willis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2015, 12:01 AM

5,586 posts, read 8,368,458 times
Team Riker -- he has it all and has gotten really far without having a huge population of voters or name recognition, so it's clearly his ability each week. He was as good as any pro up there tonight.

Noah is truly amazing for what he's gone through but then doesn't mean he should win over two top-caliber dancers

Rumer is so elegant and I will not be upset to see her win either -- maybe it will come down to the judges' scores on tomorrow's dances.

Old 05-19-2015, 05:33 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,338,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
Team Riker -- he has it all and has gotten really far without having a huge population of voters or name recognition, so it's clearly his ability each week. He was as good as any pro up there tonight...

I agree that Riker Lynch is a very good dancer but he and his band R5 have tremendous name recognition among the teeny-bopper set. He was also a cast member on the popular TV show Glee.

Old 05-19-2015, 06:34 AM

4,338 posts, read 4,697,308 times
Riker - too frenetic. Maybe because Allison never studied ballroom, unlike Val or Sharna?

I'd be happy with either Rumer/Val or Noah/Sharna win, but am leaning to Val.

Old 05-19-2015, 08:07 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,123,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
I don't know that he'll win, but then he already has. I loved his final dance, and it reflects so much more than getting around limitations, but using strenghts. And his attitude is so wonderful, going on with life instead of 'settling' for what's easy.

My ex lost one leg below the knee due to an infection, and ended up just using the wheelchair because it was 'too hard' to learn to balance on the new leg. And here there is Noah out there dancing and embrasing life. He's an inspirtation to everyone who ever is faced with a hard challenge and has to choose the harder path with more rewards or 'settle'. That he had the courage to go on DWTS makes him automatically a winner. He's a great example of how we become what we choose to make ourselves.
There ya go. Your ex even had their knee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoarrow View Post
First time watching it.... what happened to Rumer's chin?

The judges are so kissing up to Bruce Willis.
What is wrong with Rumer's chin? Maybe if you had watched the whole season you would see daddy has nothing to do with anything.

I'd be fine with Rumer or Noah winning. Noah just "because".

Old 05-19-2015, 08:31 AM

4,903 posts, read 4,193,750 times
Since my "star" is no longer in the competition I have to think a little before voting last night. Ended up splitting the votes between Noah and Ryker. My heart wants Noah to win. My mind says Ryker is the best.

Old 05-19-2015, 09:20 AM

4,286 posts, read 4,729,749 times
I really hope Rumer and Val win. Although I've enjoyed watching Riker and Noah all season.

Old 05-19-2015, 01:27 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,075,008 times
I am impressed with Noah putting himself out there and really working hard despite the challenges he faced trying to compete with the others.

Ryker did a great job too.

I am also hoping that Rumer wins. I really didn't know anything about her other than who her parents are. I really like her. I think she had a great attitude and did a fantastic job.

Going by what I have seen posted as to how much money they make.... am I correct that all 3 of them have made over $300,000. just for making it this far?

Old 05-19-2015, 01:35 PM

dj19, you're about right in how much they've each made by getting to the finals.

Back in 2010 The Hollywood Reporter said that the pay works like this: $125,000 for signing, three weeks of rehearsal before the premiere and competing in the first two episodes, even if the cast member is cut after the first dance. After that, they get $10,000 an episode for Weeks 3 and 4, $20,000 an episode for Weeks 5 and 6, $30,000 an episode for Weeks 7 and 8, and $50,000 an episode for the final two weeks.

Of course, that was 5 years ago. They may get more $$$ now. And some stars can get contracts for more money if they agree to promote the show in certain ways.

Tom Bergeron makes a nice salary for hosting: $6 million/year. Erin gets $500,000/year.

How Much Do the Dancing With the Stars Contestants Make? | Wetpaint - Celebrity Gossip, Entertainment News, TV Spoilers, and Hot TV - Wetpaint - Celebrity Gossip, Entertainment News, TV Spoilers, and Hot TV

US Paywizard - Salary Dancing with the Stars, Bruno Tonioli, Len Goodman, Erin Andrews, Ton Bergeron and Celebrity Contestants

Old 05-19-2015, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
My prediction is that Noah will be eliminated first tomorrow night and Rumer will win.

Noah has done exceptionally well and has a huge fan base (active military, retired military, disabled military) but there is no way the producers are going to let him win.

I was against Riker in the beginning because I'm tired of the Houghs judging/winning but he won me over with his ability. However, he's not on the same level as Rumer.

I truly believe that the producers have set it up for Rumer to win.

I've watched every single season of DWTS and this is the first time that I would have been ok with either of two stars (Rumer or Riker) winning.

Spoiler
But I'm so glad that Rumer won. She and Val really deserved it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV