Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 11:45 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,214,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Just have to keep telling yourself it is entertainment not true competition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2015, 12:39 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,285,556 times
I guess I'm in the extreme minority, but I was disappointed that Rumer won. I was really pulling for Ryker/Allison. I thought they killed that Paso Doble and free style dance!

Old 05-22-2015, 08:09 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,845,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I guess I'm in the extreme minority, but I was disappointed that Rumer won. I was really pulling for Ryker/Allison. I thought they killed that Paso Doble and free style dance!
Really thought it should have been a tie between Riker and Rumer. Those two dancers were some of the best on DWTS.

Rumer is so graceful and such a natural dancer. I think she has a real gift. She makes dancing look so easy.

Old 05-26-2015, 05:37 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,845,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
I guess I will be the dissenting voice.

Before people flame me, I was wowed by what he could do out there (I couldnt do it on 2 legs let alone 1 leg and an arm) and how Sharna could work within his limits. I just didnt think he had any business being in the top 3.
Congrats Noah!! We love you and admire your strength and courage!!

Noah, you are a winner!!

Old 05-26-2015, 07:55 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,571,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
I guess I will be the dissenting voice.

I was disappointed that Noah got as far as he did. What he did and how he did it was truly amazing and no question he should be commended but he wasnt the third best out there. It's too bad that people vote who they want to win instead of who was truly the best dancers. It reminds me of Bristol Palin's season. She only got as far as she did because of the audience votes.

Before people flame me, I was wowed by what he could do out there (I couldnt do it on 2 legs let alone 1 leg and an arm) and how Sharna could work within his limits. I just didnt think he had any business being in the top 3.
I actually agree with you. I wish that the dancers would be voted for their talents and not for their popularity. I think Noah was beyond admirable and amazing, but not top three material. I think Rumer and Riker were the right ones for #1 and #2, but I thought Nastia should have been #3, or Willow. I think Willow was eliminated because viewers didn't want a 14 year old in the finals. I also think people were put off by Nastia's perceived disinterest in the show, and the fact that they didn't want Derek winning again.

Each season, I start with a "Who the heck ARE these people?" and end up being very impressed with the ones who have a lightbulb moment and begin seriously competing. It's the moment that separates the fame lovers from those who really want to learn and win. Like Charlotte, the Carl's Jr. model. She didn't want to be there, but I'll bet her agent told her to do it for the media exposure. Same with Chris Soules. He was in it for the money and the fame, not for the dancing as he really couldn't dance. Neither could Robert, unfortunately, as I really liked him. It'll be interesting to see who they get next fall. I'm already looking at The Disney Channel and the ABC shows to see who they will get "in house"....

Old 05-31-2015, 06:23 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,616,693 times
I'm watching the 10th anniversary show, how fun! I've been watching DWTS since the beginning, great seeing flashbacks of all the winners, a great show so far!

Old 08-20-2015, 05:04 PM

2,023 posts, read 3,239,275 times
Len Goodman NOT returning to DWTS!

Len Goodman Will Not Return To Dancing With The Stars!

Old 08-20-2015, 05:47 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by escapenc View Post
I read that today, I will miss him.

Old 08-21-2015, 11:07 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
I was glad to read Karina will be back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV