Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 04:00 PM

18,013 posts, read 15,621,154 times

Advertisements

In real life one would theoretically be able to:

- ask Carter's sister what Carter whispered to her (assuming of course one already knew or could meet Carter's sister or someone who did know her asked her that question).

- find out how Barb is doing, how she is coping (or not) (again assuming we know Barb or know someone who knows Barb)

- followup with Gwen sometime later, perhaps many months later, and see how she's doing and if she regained any memories.

Real life doesn't just stop in the middle of someone's sentence...it keeps going... but the TV show just stopped at that moment in time and we don't get to reach out to these people (characters) to ask questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2015, 04:15 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,752,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
In real life one would theoretically be able to:

- ask Carter's sister what Carter whispered to her (assuming of course one already knew or could meet Carter's sister or someone who did know her asked her that question).

- find out how Barb is doing, how she is coping (or not) (again assuming we know Barb or know someone who knows Barb)

- followup with Gwen sometime later, perhaps many months later, and see how she's doing and if she regained any memories.

Real life doesn't just stop in the middle of someone's sentence...it keeps going... but the TV show just stopped at that moment in time and we don't get to reach out to these people (characters) to ask questions.
Right...right, because in real life you get to hover like a ghost in and around all of these people and listen to most of their conversations.

I guess, it is fair to take what I said too literally and assume that an individual would have the opportunities you have described but in reality, lots of details and exchanges just aren't ever known. It isn't the focus of the story we get to see to find out how Gwen is doing. The end of Hector's sentence isn't important. It was obvious to me that he had gotten the job and put his past behind him, so...The End.

Old 05-19-2015, 06:59 PM

18,013 posts, read 15,621,154 times
Not hover like a ghost, but sometimes you do get the ability to find out what happened after the last time you saw/heard/learned of something. Not of everything of course. The allegation was you don't find out things in real life and this episode was mirroring that experience. Sometimes you do find out what happened after the main event. And yes, sometimes you don't.

Old 05-19-2015, 08:23 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,540,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Good analysis.

But I want the answers, so I'm not sure if this show is for me. I'll give season 2 a go only because I love the actors. But I don't want to be frustrated again.
I'm with you - I feel like I wasted each hour I spent on that show.

Old 05-19-2015, 08:27 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,540,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Right...right, because in real life you get to hover like a ghost in and around all of these people and listen to most of their conversations.

I guess, it is fair to take what I said too literally and assume that an individual would have the opportunities you have described but in reality, lots of details and exchanges just aren't ever known. It isn't the focus of the story we get to see to find out how Gwen is doing. The end of Hector's sentence isn't important. It was obvious to me that he had gotten the job and put his past behind him, so...The End.
That's not obvious to me at all. He could just as easily been covering for the fact that he didn't get it - he lies all the time. He doesn't want to crush his gf's dreams.

I hope he got it, though. Doubtful, with his manner of speech and the requirement to talk to Americans. He's very hard to understand - not someone who sounds good on the other end of a customer service line!

And that guy's face in the interview - like are you serious?

Old 05-20-2015, 12:34 AM

274 posts, read 353,273 times
I absolutely loved this show, and was grateful not to have everything answered, all neatly in a bow. Liked the character exploration, preconceived notions turned on their heads, and the fact it was not a who-dun-it, but about process.

Have always like Timothy Hutton, but he was a knock-out in this. I recorded, binge-watched the first 6 episodes, then let the rest record before binge-watching the rest. Maybe that helped me stick with the characters, same as how I'm more the type to devour a novel than repeatedly put it down.

So glad this was renewed! And that Felicity and Timothy will return.

Old 05-20-2015, 05:59 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,406,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moon2 View Post
...grateful not to have everything answered, all neatly in a bow. Liked the character exploration, preconceived notions turned on their heads, and the fact it was not a who-dun-it, but about process...
^^^ This

Old 01-19-2016, 04:39 PM

170 posts, read 193,851 times
season 2, new story line; starting in a couple of weeks, yay!

Old 01-19-2016, 07:11 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,728,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thequeen1 View Post
season 2, new story line; starting in a couple of weeks, yay!
It all ready started

Old 01-20-2016, 04:40 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,491,526 times
I have a question about the car scene. Was that a grown man with the student?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV