Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 06:40 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,315,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
L. Ron Hubbard was a total and complete freaking nutcase. I think we Americans and citizens of any country where allowed should demand this cult be not only taxed but investigated AGAIN and for real.
I just completed the book written by Jenna Miscavige-"Beyond Belief" and she's the niece of the cult leader David Miscavige. Un-freaking-believable that this BS goes down in the USA.
I was just going to recommend "Beyond Belief." That book really shook me up. I've read several nonfiction books on the subject that were written by ex-members. They all ring true and overlap in some remembrances, too.

This cult is a dangerous one. No one knows what happened to Miscavige's wife. Someone asked him about her and he said she is meditating in the mountains. She's not been seen since 2007. These people can seriously ruin a life. They have the means and the devotees to carry out constant stalking while inflicting terror.

This is a good article from Vanity Fair:

http://www.vanityfair.com/style/2014...een-de-throned

p.s. - I did get a pretty good laugh a month or so ago when I found out that Greta van Susteren is a Scientologist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 07:06 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,541,470 times
Scary stuff! Now there are two amendments I want appealed!

Old 03-30-2015, 09:28 PM

1,027 posts, read 2,507,985 times
I hope this gets the IRS on their asses.

Old 03-30-2015, 09:33 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,498,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
Plan to watch it tonight. BTW, I don't think the government should support any "religion"........
The government doesn't support any religions. The IRS rules do not equate to support.

Old 03-30-2015, 10:27 PM

37,128 posts, read 42,193,480 times
I haven't seen this yet, or actually read the book, but I've been lurking on the ex scientology forms and blogs for several years and know all the players and the stories. Crazy stuff.

Old 03-30-2015, 10:50 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,174,745 times
I'm curious enough to see it, but not judgmental enough to criticize it....

I know a Scientologist, who's a passionate, positive force....

Honestly to each his own.
One thing I have to say though is that ALL churches should be audited & taxed, not just Scientology's

Old 03-30-2015, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
I'm curious enough to see it, but not judgmental enough to criticize it....

I know a Scientologist, who's a passionate, positive force....

Honestly to each his own.
One thing I have to say though is that ALL churches should be audited & taxed, not just Scientology's
Watch it and you'll learn all about that passionate, positive force. They're drinking the Kool Aid.

Last edited by iluvmycuties; 03-31-2015 at 12:22 AM..

Old 03-31-2015, 12:17 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,787,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmycuties View Post
Watch it and you'll learn all about that that passionate, positive force. They're drinking the Kool Aid.

LOL......personally I can't see myself being friends with a cult member. Brainwashed folks who can no longer think for themselves and won't/can't accept the TRUTH are not people I want to associate with. I do pity them in a way though. What a sad existence. The children are the ones I worry about. Where is Child Welfare and why aren't they intervening on behalf of those children?????

Old 03-31-2015, 12:22 AM

Quote:
LOL......personally I can't see myself being friends with a cult member. Brainwashed folks who can no longer think for themselves and won't/can't accept the TRUTH are not people I want to associate with. I do pity them in a way though. What a sad existence. The children are the ones I worry about. Where is Child Welfare and why aren't they intervening on behalf of those children?????
Oh, they're not a cult. They're a religion. lmao...ok! Yes, those kids are, allegedly (have to say that in case a Mind Head member reads this and wants to sue lol) set to menial work all day and then schooled in the "techniques" of Scientology. Idk why they're not protected. It's so sad.

Old 03-31-2015, 06:01 AM

997 posts, read 1,060,655 times
Quote:
It's shocking that so many people who seem to be very intelligent get swept up in this sham. Who in their right mind would spill their deepest darkest secrets to "auditors" and pay huge sums of money to do so?

I watched it last night, very well done, but I wish they'd touched on Shelly Miscavige's disappearance as well as how Katie Holmes got away from Tom Cruise.

David Miscavige appears to be evil incarnate, and there is no way I'll ever believe that Cruise has no idea about "the hole" and how so many members are tortured and treated as slaves. He's as bad as Miscavige.

One thing I found very creepy was the way TC was stroking the medal he was given during that ceremony - he obviously does not have all his marbles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV